Windshield Tint with ACC - any issues?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I know a guy that tinted his whole windshield and regretted it. It was great during the day but he said it was just too dark at night. I have mine tinted to 20% on the front and a strip across my windshield. I have severe headaches and migraines so I try to cut out as much bright sun as possible. I even have my house windows slightly tinted :giggle: Good luck with whatever you decide:like:
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I've been thinking about this as well. I think it might look a little goofy to do the "visor" on the short windshield, but with ACC it already looks goofy. Here's mine and another with it...
48645059-89B4-48B4-A575-03B79E7EED47.jpeg

Would look better if it was a straight line across. As long as you have a good tint person that can deal with the fret it should look fine, you'd just have the small part where the camera is that would not look black. BTW - my state allows any tint on top 6 inches of windshield, and I would be inclined to stay legal and would go 5% or less light throughput. Just my opinion of course.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I know a guy that tinted his whole windshield and regretted it. It was great during the day but he said it was just too dark at night.
That's what happens if you go with regular window tint in darker shades.

The tint made for windshields is very light, 80% (compared to stock back windows that are ~30%), plus has a blue hue to it so that it doesn't look tinted. There is no loss in nighttime visibility with the proper tint.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I’ve done an eyebrow tint once and had the windshield cracked within a short time. Had to replace windshield. Investment lost. Given the Wrangler’s propensity to crack windshields, I decided to skip it. I did tint all the other windows on my JL and it’s dark enough inside I don’t even need sunglasses unless I’m driving directly into the sun. The small windshield does have benefits.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I’ve done an eyebrow tint once and had the windshield cracked within a short time. Had to replace windshield. Investment lost. Given the Wrangler’s propensity to crack windshields, I decided to skip it. I did tint all the other windows on my JL and it’s dark enough inside I don’t even need sunglasses unless I’m driving directly into the sun. The small windshield does have benefits.
A very worthy point :like:

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Working with a local tint guy to do the side windows and asked about doing a visor on the windshield. His recommendation was to tint the entire windshield since it's so "short" and the visor might not look right. Regardless....my Jeep has ACC. If I tint the windshield, either full or visor, would applying tint on the portion in front of the ACC cameras/sensors cause issues with ACC?
None
Sponsored