Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
This morning I came across a "GemPro Side Marker Light LED Sequential Dynamic Amber Front Fender Side Mirror Turn Signal Lights lamp Assembly Replacement for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019... " That must have been a really intense product marketing strategy meeting! Actually, I think these side vent lights look pretty cool. Smoked display, switchback, sequential LED turn and marker lights. It's going to be a bitch to pull the fender to install these, but they almost have me hooked! I'm just suspicious of one claim...

Jeep Wrangler JL 500% brighter? 1643034050316

500%?! Did they just pull some number out of their hat, or is it true that this can be 500% brighter than the original vent marker light? I mean..

Jeep Wrangler JL 500% brighter? 1643034162680

...yes, certainly look a light brighter than the original. But 500%? Can anyone else verify this claim?
Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running them and although I seriously doubt they’re 500% brighter than halogens, they’re reasonably bright (OEM is just vents, no lights). They’re not intended to be side trail lights so I have no idea why they think marketing them as if they were floodlights…..LOL

You can wire them as either side markers or turn signals. I wired mine as turn signals and can easily see their reflection off things next to me.

The fender is held on by clips. Just be patient, tug firm and use your body tools. I found working from the bottom up was the easiest. If you accidentally snap a clip, you can get them at the dealer, eBay, Quadratec or pretty much any other Jeep parts supply. Firm but patient will net results. Good luck!

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
They're at least 500% brighter, if not more.

I'm more curious how they use 70% less power.
LED’s use much less amperage than bulbs

Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
5x brighter than their original can definitely be possible, LEDs are constantly getting better, even using Cree LEDs vs cheapo brand can make that claim possible. I think their marketing just needs to be cleaned up a bit, it seems like they're making some of their claims comparing against OEM halogen bulbs (maybe the front fender bulbs?), and some against their previous version fender light.

For $40 it seems like a solid purchase assuming they hold up over time.

Sponsored

keg392

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 XR
5x brighter than their original can definitely be possible, LEDs are constantly getting better, even using Cree LEDs vs cheapo brand can make that claim possible. I think their marketing just needs to be cleaned up a bit, it seems like they're making some of their claims comparing against OEM halogen bulbs (maybe the front fender bulbs?), and some against their previous version fender light.

For $40 it seems like a solid purchase assuming they hold up over time.
They must be referring to an old version of their lights, but that photo / advertisement is confusing as hell.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Well, I actually just ordered a set, should be here Saturday so I'll do a quick review once I get a chance to install them. I've always liked the idea of these fender lights, just didn't like the previous design as much as these new ones.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
This morning I came across a "GemPro Side Marker Light LED Sequential Dynamic Amber Front Fender Side Mirror Turn Signal Lights lamp Assembly Replacement for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019... " That must have been a really intense product marketing strategy meeting! Actually, I think these side vent lights look pretty cool. Smoked display, switchback, sequential LED turn and marker lights. It's going to be a bitch to pull the fender to install these, but they almost have me hooked! I'm just suspicious of one claim...

500%?! Did they just pull some number out of their hat, or is it true that this can be 500% brighter than the original vent marker light? I mean..

...yes, certainly look a light brighter than the original. But 500%? Can anyone else verify this claim?
Thanks a lot, I had to buy a set after seeing they were 500% brighter... I actually did buy a set just because I think they look kind of cool. LOL

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If they did both lights like the Oracle Sidelights, I would be interested. I have the side lights and love the courtesy light and side signals, I just don't like the huge plastic part and prefer this one.

Actually, I think this spring I'll see about trimming the Oracle's down.

OP
OP
jmccorm

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Thanks a lot, I had to buy a set after seeing they were 500% brighter... I actually did buy a set just because I think they look kind of cool. LOL
You and everyone else! Now they're on backorder stock!
Sponsored