Sponsored

5,000 Mile Reliability Poll

Have you went 5,000 miles without issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
My JLUR has been in the shop 3 times for the same thing. It is still in the third time, almost 40 days now. Jeep is on the verge of offering me a new vehicle or my money back. I have enjoyed both Jeeps and Power Wagons over the last few decades. I am now concerned about overall reliability of the new JL.

I want to poll only those with over 5,000 miles. If you have over 5,000 on your JL please participate. Your answers will help me decide whether to get another JL or go back to a Power Wagon. Thanks in advance.
Just a little over 8000 miles on ours. Only one problem so far and that’s a leaking rear main seal. I’ll get that looked at when the dealership installs the electric running boards hopefully in a few weeks. Very happy with our purchase so far. Just hope this thing last for another 10 years or so!

Shaved Ice I feel for you! I had a VW that was a lemon and they didn’t seem to care so after a year we dumped it. Hopefully they’ll get you fixed up.
Sponsored

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just picked my JLUR has 12 miles on it and leaking antifreeze on the right side of the engine dripping on my garage floor . I'm trying to locate where it's coming from at the moment . My first Jeep and I'm not real happy right now, no I'm pissed !
Damn, that's not good! Hopefully it's just a loose hose clamp and nothing major.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Might as well chime in... at 800 miles i had a CEL and ESS / ESC / TCS light all come on.

CEL was P0340 Cam sensor

Took almost 1 month with 4 trips to the dealer to resolve.

Cam sensor replaced / timing chain replaced / timing guide / cam phaser / chain tensioner / etc.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
What about the suspension would you have waited for ?
I haven’t really researched any since I have mopar but was planning on the gamechanger JL version

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
My JLUR has been in the shop 3 times for the same thing. It is still in the third time, almost 40 days now. Jeep is on the verge of offering me a new vehicle or my money back. I have enjoyed both Jeeps and Power Wagons over the last few decades. I am now concerned about overall reliability of the new JL.

I want to poll only those with over 5,000 miles. If you have over 5,000 on your JL please participate. Your answers will help me decide whether to get another JL or go back to a Power Wagon. Thanks in advance.
You can probably sue Jeep at this point under lemon law. You’re welcome. Enjoy the thousands of dollars I just gave you.

I had a Subaru once which qualified as a lemon and I sued them and won it was the easiest $10,000 I’ve ever made BY FAR. And for me agreeing to keep the vehicle and have it not marked as a lemon they gave me $10k; and fixed it.

If you have taken it in 3 times for the same issue and it hasn’t been fixed or they have it over a certain amount of time (30 days I think) it’s literally a black and white slam dunk.

I picked a lemon law attorney on google, called them, had a 30 minute phone call followed by emailing them proof I had brought in the vehicle 3 times andhow long they had it. That was it done deal! I didn’t even pay them a dime they did it all Pro-Bono Subaru’s goose was cooked and about 30 later I got a check for $10k in addition to them ending up finally fixing the car and I got to keep it! Never even went to the attorneys office once!

I highly recommend you look into it and take your free money Jeep now owes you for not being able to make this right in a reasonable amount of time &/ tries.

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Might as well chime in... at 800 miles i had a CEL and ESS / ESC / TCS light all come on.

CEL was P0340 Cam sensor

Took almost 1 month with 4 trips to the dealer to resolve.

Cam sensor replaced / timing chain replaced / timing guide / cam phaser / chain tensioner / etc.
You would probably qualify for a lemon law as well. Anything over 3 trips for same problem.... look at my last post in here if you like free money

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
@Shaved Ice

Reality is EVERY JL owner has had or should have had, taken their JL into the Service Department for some type of fix.

If they did not bring their JL in, then they are oblivious to things that are a muck on their JL, are ignoring recalls from FCA, etc., or they have fixed the issue themselves.

I have had assorted issues but have fixed them myself. Yes, have had service department do necessary computer flashes, twice now. They replaced a yellowing Bright White grill and one grill molding, also.

I have about 9,000 miles on the odometer.

I laugh each time I read a JL owner here saying they have a JL that is perfect, has nothing wrong with it, no quirks, no hiccups.
BRING BACK THE BULLET SHOTGLASS!!

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
10k miles on my 2019 and it's been in for the steering damper recall and the steering box TSB. Although I did not have any complaints about the steering to begin with. I decided to have it done anyway.

Can't think of anything that is wrong with it, guess my Jeep has been pissed on by fairy's.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Just hit 5,000 miles this week. Not back to the dealer but I’ve had a couple of glitches. My CEL came on for a wheel speed indicator. I reset and CEL has not returned. Also had the key fob not indicated error. I unhooked the battery to reset everything...it worked. Last night the volume on the radio was going off and on every second or so. I shut the vehicle down and restarted a few minutes later, all is good. I think the electronics are complicated and a reboot will be needed from time to time.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just exited the bumper to bumper warranty, with 36,300 miles and 2.5 years of ownership. She's been off-road in Moab, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, so they are not easy miles. I had the dampener fail and went with a Fox 2.0. I've had the Uconnect updated twice, once to get off road pages and once to just get an update to deal with some bugs with Android Auto. It wasn't terrible before, thanks largely to the Tazer JL's reset feature, but it is working flawlessly now. I then had the clutch recall, which went smoothly and quickly and revealed no issue with it, so it got the precautionary bleed and parts. I recently got the steering box TSB. My steering was fine, but I did it anyway and it tightened things up a bit at highway speed. Finally, it has a tiny, non critical plastic piece on the soft top that broke. The dealership has ordered the part.

The Mopar lift spring pads crushed and led to more bowing in the driver side front spring bowing more than I liked. It never contacted the bump stop, and handled all the off-roading, but just for preventative purposes, I put Rock Krawler correction pads on the front and they worked perfectly.

So overall, this Jeep has been among the best in terms of initial quality and reliability, compared to all the cars I've owned. I've never really owned a bad one, either. My JK and Ford Transit van probably had the most issues, but I've also owned the JK longer than all but one vehicle and it has the most miles at 144k.

I couldn't be happier with the JL, particularly when it comes to the drive train. LOVE the V6 and love the manual transmission!
Sponsored