Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
The rear seats on my son's Rubicon JKU fold flat so the seat backs are on the same level as the rear compartment. He is able to put an air mattress in there for camping etc. I presume a non-4xe JLU is the same or similar so the rear seats fold flat. (someone else will have to confirm this for me...)

In our 4xe, the rear seats don't fold the same way as my son's JKU. The seat bottom flips forward and then the seat back folds down into the space where the seat bottom was. In that folded state.....the back of the rear seats are about 3"-4" higher than the rear compartment floor. I am looking for some aftermarket or custom box that can ride back there to get everything to the same level so I can use the air mattress the same way as he does.

I am thinking about making a custom box that is able to store the side quarter panels from the hardtop. Our 4xe has the electrical retracting roof so the hard shell doesn't really come off all that easy. The side panels do and they provide a bag to store them behind the seats but I am thinking maybe a floor box would work better for me and make it so I would have a level deck when the seats are folded.

I will get you some photos when I get home....
Ah yeah making a box would be nice to level out the rear for an air mattress or even transporting something flat like a tv. Plus it would give you some storage space under it for the quarter panels or maybe the freedom top for those with the standard hardtop.
Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
not a great pic this is with my slipstream installed right where that lip is. Again it lifts right out just cut the mat at the lip or a inch beyond. Personally I carry a Harbor Freight Packing blanket at all times, I do not need a matt tat is far more versitile for me.

Driver screw.jpg
So that lip only covers the mounting points for the rear seats then huh. Probably helps provide a small shield for the battery too

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
So that lip only covers the mounting points for the rear seats then huh. Probably helps provide a small shield for the battery too
Thats it, just keeps it clean(er)

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
That's literally impossible one of our favorite forum videographers I think it was Brandon tested it the vehicle can't be shifted from park with the charge cord in.

But yes. That's actually what I meant by usability. It's on the same side as the driver door so it's more accessible.
So I did a classic geezer move the other day. It was dark and I had trouble shutting the shop door (it's manual and on a track and difficult to line-up with the latch) after I unplugged the power end from the receptacle. I needed both hands to close that door so I chunked the Level 1 charger in the back of the Jeep first. When I got to the house (less than a mile away) I went to plug the Jeep in (never thought I'd utter those words) and noticed that I had left the charging door open and the rubber cap out. I've never ever done that with a gas cap, but did it with the charging cap less than a week into ownership.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Here's a few accessories I've picked up for my 4xe that fit and/or are compatible:
EXTERIOR
INTERIOR
(I will periodically update this post with additional items I snag)

Last edited:

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thought I posted this but here goes...

Installed the BulletPoint Phone holder (just a 67 Designs knock off) this fits the JL but not the 4xe without modification.

BulletPoint Phone Holder AMAZON

JL tray has a different shape and it is deeper, So there is a L shape leg that aims down, just cut 3/8" from bottom.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? phone 1

Then it Screws right in perfect fit

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? Phone 1a

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? phone 2

This thing is Rock Solid

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? Phone 4

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? Phine 5

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Here's a couple of cheap/basic accessories I've picked up for my 4xe that fit:
(I will periodically update this post with additional items I snag)
Noob question...what’s the purpose of the door lock covers? Seems like a pointless piece but I’m sure I’m just completely missing the point

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Noob question...what’s the purpose of the door lock covers? Seems like a pointless piece but I’m sure I’m just completely missing the point
Cosmetic. I like how it looks, might pick up a set for ours.

Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Here is a photo of the rear compartment area. That partition behind the seats measure about 6" high. Much higher than I realized. Do all the PHEV Wranglers come with that sub-woofer speaker enclosure? I am going to design and build a storage box 6" high so when the seats are folded then I will have a big flat surface for sleeping bags, cargo etc.

If some of the 4xes don't have that speaker then I can make two designs and share the drawings here. My basic plan is to get some 1/8" aluminum and break form it into a large upside down tray. it will need some structural bracing or angle shapes for strength. Then I will cover it with some low pile carpet or felt to match the cargo area. Hopefully my side panel bag will stow in that space.

Let the modding begin!

20210504_180041.jpg

20210504_175854.jpg

20210504_175847.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here is a photo of the rear compartment area. That partition behind the seats measure about 6" high. Much higher than I realized. Do all the PHEV Wranglers come with that sub-woofer speaker enclosure? I am going to design and build a storage box 6" high so when the seats are folded then I will have a big flat surface for sleeping bags, cargo etc.

If some of the 4xes don't have that speaker then I can make two designs and share the drawings here. My basic plan is to get some 1/8" aluminum and break form it into a large upside down tray. it will need some structural bracing or angle shapes for strength. Then I will cover it with some low pile carpet or felt to match the cargo area. Hopefully my side panel bag will stow in that space.

Let the modding begin!

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? 20210504_175847

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? 20210504_175847

Yes on the 4xe all have the Sub, however at some point the Alpine with sub will likely become and option and not part of the 4xe Package, Speculation only though

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

Let the modding begin!

Yep, part of the Alpine audio which is standard on all 3 4xe trims.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Here's a couple of cheap/basic accessories I've picked up for my 4xe that fit:
Awsome, thanks! I wanted to get the wife a few little goodies for her 4xe for Mom's day, this was perfect (the black version has a 5% coupon right now too).

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Based on this image below on the layout of the extra payload, I'm thinking it's the rear that will need the extra spring rate/lift - the front is probably going to sit around the same as the 2.0L with eTorque, that large electric motor and that battery pack that are in the rear will be where most of the extra weight is at.

I use airlift HD air bags in the rear from a ram 1500 and it works great.
Sponsored