OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Since the Mopar lift replaces the springs in the 4xe which are why it's 1" higher, you may still only get 2" lift from the kit. This is assuming the springs are the cause.

Advertisement

OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
And I'm curious if the front and rear is centered properly, not that 1" higher is that big of a deal - I'm guessing they used the same trackbars, etc.

lightsout

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Everyone here went down the path I was thinking. First, like has been said, if on-the-lot 4xe sits 1" higher than on-the-lot regular JLU, then that difference should be maintained (mostly) even after settling. Second, this could mean getting clearance for 35s will be a bit easier since you already have some spring lift.

It has been tested on video on the 4xe without lift still rubs. They all settle a bit just depends how old the one you compare to is, (has it already settled).

OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
It has been tested on video on the 4xe without lift still rubs. They all settle a bit just depends how old the one you compare to is, (has it already settled).
Yeah, understood. I'm not expecting the slight reported increased height to allow larger tires and wheels. I'm more looking at it from the aspect of it adding additional height to existing kits.

For instance, if the 4xe does indeed feature higher spring rates that increase the height approx 1" over standard and Jeep has used original bump stops/dimensions, as well as standard control arms and track bars, then you may need to keep that extra 1" in mind when using spacers to lift - and as such a 2" spacer that does not normally require track bar adjustment might actually push the wheels out far enough to require it to be adjusted, or maybe the alignment is effected and you need arm brackets or new arms to dial alignment back it, because you're getting NET 3" lift instead of 2" lift.

Did you do any track bar work with your 2" front spacers, and if not did you notice any axle shift?

supamyk

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xE
Yeah, understood. I'm not expecting the slight reported increased height to allow larger tires and wheels. I'm more looking at it from the aspect of it adding additional height to existing kits.

For instance, if the 4xe does indeed feature higher spring rates that increase the height approx 1" over standard and Jeep has used original bump stops/dimensions, as well as standard control arms and track bars, then you may need to keep that extra 1" in mind when using spacers to lift - and as such a 2" spacer that does not normally require track bar adjustment might actually push the wheels out far enough to require it to be adjusted, or maybe the alignment is effected and you need arm brackets or new arms to dial alignment back it, because you're getting NET 3" lift instead of 2" lift.

Did you do any track bar work with your 2" front spacers, and if not did you notice any axle shift?
This is a valid point

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
We had dinner with my son this evening and parked our 4xe side by side with his 2007 Rubicon Unlimited. All stock suspension wheels tires etc. The 4xe was about 1.25" higher.
I looks like I might be able to find a new set of Rubicon take off wheels and bolt those on if we plan on tagging along with my son one of these weekends.

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement