4xe sitting 1" higher than regular JLUs

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I've been reading what seems to be a unanimous find that the 4xe when delivered is sitting up to 1" higher all around than a regular JLU and I'm curious for all those that own one if they are truly seeing that.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
If I remember correctly, a person on the forum measured their 4Xe Rubicon up against one non 4Xe Rubicon on the lot and it was approximately 1 inch taller than the lot Rubicon.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Keep in mind the added weight of the Batteries springs are going to settle a bit.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind the added weight of the Batteries springs are going to settle a bit.
People have stated the additional height over a regular Rubicon is probably because of the springs they had to use for the weight, so I'm not sure it will settle.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
People have stated the additional height over a regular Rubicon is probably because of the springs they had to use for the weight, so I'm not sure it will settle.
They all settle some more than others. It's a spring

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They all settle some more than others. It's a spring
Yes which means the 1 inch higher 4Xe is settling along with the regular Rubicon springs. If you have someone take their brand new 4Xe and measure it to a brand new regular Ruby and the 4Xe Ruby is 1 inch taller well it is 1 inch taller imo. I understand the 4Xe may settle more but it would probably still be taller but then again the spring they used may not settle anymore than a standard Ruby spring will settle.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm thinking just some teraflex spacers to give a bit more clearance for 35s, per what was posted on the lift thread

4xe Rubicon stock with 35's will rub at full flex a Sahara will definitely rub well before flex. I would do not less that the Mopar 2" lift for a Sahara which give 3 ". Here is My 4xe Rubicon with 35's and Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe sitting 1" higher than regular JLUs EAG doors Top u

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon stock with 35's will rub at full flex a Sahara will definitely rub well before flex. I would do not less that the Mopar 2" lift for a Sahara which give 3 ". Here is My 4xe Rubicon with 35's and Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe sitting 1" higher than regular JLUs EAG doors Top u
Perfect height imo for 35's.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Perfect height imo for 35's.
Agreed any higher would be too high and make the tires look small . I can even fit 37's on this lift. I damn near pulled the trigger on the Mopar 2" that would have been too high for 35's. I will just add shocks to this. I already did upgraded LCA's and Tackbars and steering stablizer this will serve me just fine.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI

EAG doors Top up.jpg
Should have been clearer - spacer lift on the Rubicon 4xe. So yes - exactly what you did but with stock wheels and 35s!

Looks awesome!

So no rub? I'll have a LOD front and rear bumper and winch so figured it would need the spacer lift at least. Did you do the bump stops or the other things that Teraflex recommends?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Should have been clearer - spacer lift on the Rubicon 4xe. So yes - exactly what you did but with stock wheels and 35s!

Looks awesome!

So no rub? I'll have a LOD front and rear bumper and winch so figured it would need the spacer lift at least. Did you do the bump stops or the other things that Teraflex recommends?
I called and talked to Teraflex they said no need for bumpstop risers or shock extensions. Just the spacers. If I was to do it again I might keep the 2" front but do 1" rear (instead of the 1.5") and winch drops the front 1" total rake. I will be toing a utility trailer so that 1/2" rake does work in my favor though.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Everyone here went down the path I was thinking. First, like has been said, if on-the-lot 4xe sits 1" higher than on-the-lot regular JLU, then that difference should be maintained (mostly) even after settling. Second, this could mean getting clearance for 35s will be a bit easier since you already have some spring lift.
Sponsored