Sponsored

leeshuming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Tuscadero
I'd specifically tell them you want the ABS TSB done while you're there: TSB: 08-099-23 GROUP 08 - Electrical

That's the newest update for the ABS module.

The TSB quotes 0.3 hours of labor if they try to charge you.
Thank you very much for your information.
I just called my dealer and asked them to install this. Literally, I had to spell out everything to this rep...
They are really clueless. This is a good result of poor management, poor communication between manufacturer and dealers, and overall no one cares, other than Jeep owners.

What makes this worse is that I am literally the first and only one to have done... Now I am worried, but I got to do what I need to do.

Also, they just charge their standard standard "minimum" fee.. the 0.3 labor doesn't work here in BC, Canada.
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Funny story, about November of last year our 4xe just stopped charging. No charger would work and the dash screen said to "service charging system".

The dealership, Peterson's in Nampa, says there's updates to do, but the service manager says not to. He'd seen the updates brick the Jeep. So he wants to hold off so that we can use our Jeep still.

Issue magically fixed itself, but I'm still waiting on the call "got it sorted, bring it down."

I whole-heartedly appreciate the service dept head being honest though. That builds trust.

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I’m still waiting on a new pcm to arrive and I was already thinking that I wasn’t going to let the dealership apply any further updates. The dealership is saying that the new pcm should have the most current updates already installed. 🤞

They are now saying my hybrid battery has tested fine, so it shouldn’t have to be replaced. I asked them why they thought it was the hybrid battery to begin with and their response was, “we have fried several hybrid batteries, but we’ve only bricked a handful of pcms’”. 🤦‍♂️

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
How the hell do you kill the battery AND PCM doing what should be a simple firmware update? I mean, I've killed the odd mainboard myself over the years when there's a bad update, or the mains go off as you're flashing. Power delivery should not be an issue when doing a firmware flash on a jeep, especially a 4xe. It's got a freaking huge 17kwh UPS built in.
We had a gladiator in the shop for a normal PCM update. Update stopped midway and the module locked itself up. Took about a month to get a new one in. Shit happens sometimes

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
@BigMaCro I was considering selling my '21 due to this limitation along with the other peculiarities of the 4xe. After hearing about the TSB from a few sources, I now plan to keep it.

This is secondary info, but I posed the same question on the FB 4xe page. One of the Jeepers from Iceland responded with this:

"...yes you can regear 4xe. There are a update for 2021 and 2022 models. I live in Iceland and we have now put 5.38 in five Rubicon 4xe and no lights and no problems.
Got the update april this year.
FB_IMG_1685633953401.jpg

"
Looks like you get wider flatter fenders from the factory in Iceland. Does anyone have part numbers for these?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigMaCro

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you get wider flatter fenders from the factory in Iceland. Does anyone have part numbers for these?
LOL - I don't think there's a Jeep factory in Iceland ;-)

Those aren't a mopar part. There's a whole industry in Iceland for modifying vehicles to run big wide tires to traverse snow. They do really amazing work, but I dare you to pay to ship parts to the USA!

EchoVictor

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
For those that have done the TSB update. Did you have it done after doing a regear or before? Did the dealership charge for this? Has anyone in SoCal had this done and if so what dealership?

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I had the TSB applied before re-gearing. When I inquired about the TSB, the service guy asked me if the braking seemed soft/spongy as he nodded his head and I said, “uh, now that you mention it.” He then said they would apply the TSB at no charge.

After @chevymitchell performed the re-gear the vehicle’s speed was limited to 25-30 mph, but that was quickly resolved by using a tazer to change the gear ratio.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
I had the TSB applied before re-gearing. When I inquired about the TSB, the service guy asked me if the braking seemed soft/spongy as he nodded his head and I said, “uh, now that you mention it.” He then said they would apply the TSB at no charge.

After @chevymitchell performed the re-gear the vehicle’s speed was limited to 25-30 mph, but that was quickly resolved by using a tazer to change the gear ratio.
Maybe I should have said this. My advisor said they cannot apply TSB's unless their is a problem. I just wanted it done before my warranty was up and while it was in there for recalls.

He told me he will see if he can get it done.....I'm not very hopefull considering they have had it for over 2 weeks and it won't turn on after the recalls were applied. Star case with engineers isn't going anywhere right now.
Sponsored