moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Since the Mopar lift replaces the springs in the 4xe which are why it's 1" higher, you may still only get 2" lift from the kit. This is assuming the springs are the cause.
Sponsored

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
And I'm curious if the front and rear is centered properly, not that 1" higher is that big of a deal - I'm guessing they used the same trackbars, etc.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Everyone here went down the path I was thinking. First, like has been said, if on-the-lot 4xe sits 1" higher than on-the-lot regular JLU, then that difference should be maintained (mostly) even after settling. Second, this could mean getting clearance for 35s will be a bit easier since you already have some spring lift.

It has been tested on video on the 4xe without lift still rubs. They all settle a bit just depends how old the one you compare to is, (has it already settled).

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
It has been tested on video on the 4xe without lift still rubs. They all settle a bit just depends how old the one you compare to is, (has it already settled).
Yeah, understood. I'm not expecting the slight reported increased height to allow larger tires and wheels. I'm more looking at it from the aspect of it adding additional height to existing kits.

For instance, if the 4xe does indeed feature higher spring rates that increase the height approx 1" over standard and Jeep has used original bump stops/dimensions, as well as standard control arms and track bars, then you may need to keep that extra 1" in mind when using spacers to lift - and as such a 2" spacer that does not normally require track bar adjustment might actually push the wheels out far enough to require it to be adjusted, or maybe the alignment is effected and you need arm brackets or new arms to dial alignment back it, because you're getting NET 3" lift instead of 2" lift.

Did you do any track bar work with your 2" front spacers, and if not did you notice any axle shift?

Sponsored

supamyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xE
Yeah, understood. I'm not expecting the slight reported increased height to allow larger tires and wheels. I'm more looking at it from the aspect of it adding additional height to existing kits.

For instance, if the 4xe does indeed feature higher spring rates that increase the height approx 1" over standard and Jeep has used original bump stops/dimensions, as well as standard control arms and track bars, then you may need to keep that extra 1" in mind when using spacers to lift - and as such a 2" spacer that does not normally require track bar adjustment might actually push the wheels out far enough to require it to be adjusted, or maybe the alignment is effected and you need arm brackets or new arms to dial alignment back it, because you're getting NET 3" lift instead of 2" lift.

Did you do any track bar work with your 2" front spacers, and if not did you notice any axle shift?
This is a valid point

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
We had dinner with my son this evening and parked our 4xe side by side with his 2007 Rubicon Unlimited. All stock suspension wheels tires etc. The 4xe was about 1.25" higher.
I looks like I might be able to find a new set of Rubicon take off wheels and bolt those on if we plan on tagging along with my son one of these weekends.

Reyortsednesohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
So, as a newbie to the finer points on how suspension lifts work, if I'm after a net 3"-3.5" lift on my 4xe Rubicon vs a stock Rubicon, would it make sense to grab a 4"-4.5" kit to compensate for the additional weight and the amount of height lost when the springs settle?

For reference, I'm currently running stock wheels and tires, but plan to move up to 35s and a set of beadlocks before lifting.

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
So, as a newbie to the finer points on how suspension lifts work, if I'm after a net 3"-3.5" lift on my 4xe Rubicon vs a stock Rubicon, would it make sense to grab a 4"-4.5" kit to compensate for the additional weight and the amount of height lost when the springs settle?

For reference, I'm currently running stock wheels and tires, but plan to move up to 35s and a set of beadlocks before lifting.
If you snag a lift that's designed for the 4xe, you'll net pretty much exactly what is stated in lift height. Clayton might be the one manufacturer that specifically states you'll get exactly the lift height advertised on their lifts with the weight of the 4xe. This is because their springs actually net little more than advertised on other trims.

I intentionally started on a 2" spacer lift from AEV 1) because I couldn't make my mind up on the actual kits available 2) the cost was a no brainer 3) I knew i'd get EXACTLY 2" of lift with the spacers. I'm running 37's with the spacer lift and had very minimal rub fully flexed out while I was in Moab. Based on this experience, I went with the Metalcloak 2.5" lift to replace my spacers to keep my CG as low as possible without sacrificing room to stuff my tires at full flex.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

Keep in mind over 3" will aslo require new Drive Shaft. That is a lot of lift just to accommodate 37's
Sponsored