4xe issues

aspst10

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Rubicon
I had my 4xe for 48 hours when the engine light came on. The car wouldn’t let me into e-save or electric mode only hybrid mode. I had about 45% on the battery and had to make it home. Once the battery got to <1% the Jeep stopped in the middle of the road I was on. Luckily had enough coast to get to a side road. Had my kids in it and all. Good times. It’s been at the dealer since. They can’t find anything wrong, super surprised.
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I’ve been watching the 4xe threads as I like the concept. Hope the early issues are quickly resolved... There is nothing cutting edge about the technology...so resolution should come quickly.

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
I've been seriously looking at the dealer inventory of 4xe's as they are rolling into Canada, but these issues threads are making me reconsider holding off a bit.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I've been seriously looking at the dealer inventory of 4xe's as they are rolling into Canada, but these issues threads are making me reconsider holding off a bit.
If you wait to buy a Jeep until there's no problems with a Jeep, you'll never buy a Jeep.😁

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
If you wait to buy a Jeep until there's no problems with a Jeep, you'll never buy a Jeep.😁
You can say the same about any vehicle. I bought my first Jeep/Chrysler product 2 years ago and now own 2. 1 minor issue in 2 years. Compare that to my Honda that has been plagued with issues and constant recalls. I also had an almost new Mazda that needed a new engine. I have been life long foreign car buyer but currently have a Chevy (Camaro SS1LE), a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, and a Jeep Wrangler. The Camaro has had 0 issues. I just don't buy that American cars are that much more unreliable than competitors anymore.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
You can say the same about any vehicle. I bought my first Jeep/Chrysler product 2 years ago and now own 2. 1 minor issue in 2 years. Compare that to my Honda that has been plagued with issues and constant recalls. I also had an almost new Mazda that needed a new engine. I have been life long foreign car buyer but currently have a Chevy (Camaro SS1LE), a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, and a Jeep Wrangler. The Camaro has had 0 issues. I just don't buy that American cars are that much more unreliable than competitors anymore.
2016 Camaro 2 SS with no issues and it was a first model year......

Sponsored

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
I had my 4xe for 48 hours when the engine light came on. The car wouldn’t let me into e-save or electric mode only hybrid mode. I had about 45% on the battery and had to make it home. Once the battery got to <1% the Jeep stopped in the middle of the road I was on. Luckily had enough coast to get to a side road. Had my kids in it and all. Good times. It’s been at the dealer since. They can’t find anything wrong, super surprised.
Out of gas? LOL...just trying to lighten the mood! My 4xe should be here next week. Hopefully won’t have the mysterious check engine light.

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Out of gas? LOL...just trying to lighten the mood! My 4xe should be here next week. Hopefully won’t have the mysterious check engine light.
Thank God you and kids are ok. I picked mine last week so please share the outcome of the issue.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Welcome to Jeep, Chrysler, first model year vehicle, first few vehicles off a new assembly line, electric vehicles, etc.

From a historical aspect, you would be lucky not to have issues

LC FL 4xe 2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4XE & Grd Cherokee High Altitude
Glad all are safe. We have ordered a Sahara 4XE. We have had only 2 major issues ($1,000 - $1,500 brakes & oil cooler replacements) with our 2014 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. These issues both came in the last 12 months. We still have the original tires with just over 34,000 miles. We have had it serviced at the same place we purchased it from. We enjoy our Jeeps. Other than inconvenience, there’s warranty.

Last edited: