Sponsored

4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL)

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
Reports across facebook indicating the 4xes are having a check engine light issues with FCA flying engineers out to inspect; doesn't sound good. Anyone on this forum run into the issue yet? I'm impatiently waiting for my 4xe to show up (supposedly by the end of the month now - but i've heard that before...); these reports make me feel better that I'm still driving my JK.
Sponsored

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
Reports across facebook indicating the 4xes are having a check engine light issues with FCA flying engineers out to inspect; doesn't sound good. Anyone on this forum run into the issue yet? I'm impatiently waiting for my 4xe to show up (supposedly by the end of the month now - but i've heard that before...); these reports make me feel better that I'm still driving my JK.
Oh crap. Have about 300 miles on mine, no check engine light yet. Watching this thread now....

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
I've heard about it twice, I think?

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK 2019 Ram 2500
We picked ours up today and I was actually reading about this issue while waiting at the dealer. I'm not thrilled to hear this, but not too worried either. I expect some issues and it appears FCA is taking this very seriously. I'm sure they'll find a fix and issue a recall or SB if it's needed. It's probably something a software updated will fix. I'd be more worried if I was reading reports of engines blowing up or transmissions failing. Also, I haven't seen any reports of anyone stranded yet, so that's good.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
The engineers have diagnosed it . The battery coolant pump froze up.replacement is on its way

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Question is whether it is a part design issue or just a bad part.

4times

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4xe
370 miles and my Rubicon 4xe check engine light just came on. If it is the battery cooling pump, is it even safe to drive if the battery can over heat? I would think this would have been what they tested the most before releasing. I guess I’ll take it in :(

AF0C68A9-0A3E-43BF-A722-393C68A52B86.jpeg

Rinav

First Name
Rinav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
370 miles and my Rubicon 4xe check engine light just came on. If it is the battery cooling pump, is it even safe to drive if the battery can over heat? I would think this would have been what they tested the most before releasing. I guess I’ll take it in :(

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL) AF0C68A9-0A3E-43BF-A722-393C68A52B86
Sorry to hear. Please keep us posted.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I seriously doubt you can over heat the battery. The computers shouldn't allow it. Just like if your water pump gives out. The computer will shut down the engine to prevent damage before it gets too hot.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
So where is this battey coolant pump, any pictures?? Is there a seperate reservoir for this coolant circuit?

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Thanks will check it out tonight/

4times

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4xe
Update - I took it to a Jeep dealer and they put their coder on it and it came back nothing. He said it's not giving any codes? So, I left because they couldn't look at it today anyway. Going to take it in Monday and leave it. Kind of hoping it resets itself over the weekend. Seems to be driving normal.
Sponsored