Sponsored

4XE Edition JL Club Thread

eLECTRICON

I think that's the one that it's coming with. That's the one that was on the 4xe that was being built on the Toledo assembly line in the Youtube video.

Watch at minute 3:14 - though that one in the video does not have a blue jeep avatar like this one does above (which is good for aftermarket and wheel swaps)
Ohhhh!!
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Only the Rubicon 4xe has the blue stitching from what I've been told and you can see the stitching is not blue when you build the Sahara on Jeep build and price tool.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Only the Rubicon 4xe has the blue stitching from what I've been told and you can see the stitching is not blue when you build the Sahara on Jeep build and price tool.
And the blue stitching is only in the black interior. The dark saddle has regular stitching throughout.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
And the blue stitching is only in the black interior. The dark saddle has regular stitching throughout.
The saddle has less obtrusive stitching, but it maintains the black door panels and center armrest!?! The mixed colors dissuaded me from selecting saddle brown.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
The saddle has less obtrusive stitching, but it maintains the black door panels and center armrest!?! The mixed colors dissuaded me from selecting saddle brown.
Yeah, that's a detail that some people either hate or love. The brown interiors of a decade ago were too much brown IMO (with tons of the plastic being brown), and the ones today are not enough (though for me, the "too much brown" was worse). I think the happy medium would have been all the "leather areas" be brown (door panel rests, shift nobs, etc.), and even the dash panels maybe being a stitched brown like in the black interior sahara.

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I love the stitching in the Sahara with the black interior. Its kind of a light greyish color (or maybe its tanish?) It really gives everything an elegant look...to me. I was really afraid I was going to get the blue stitching in the Sahara 4xe. It would have REALLY taken some getting used to but all signs point to it being the same color stitching I have in my 2018 Sahara.

Fred-n-Diane

First Name
Fred and Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC Sierra AT4, 2004 Kia Senoma
Hey everyone, first time poster. ...

Girlfriend has her sights on a 4xe.

She finds the environmentally conscious aspect appealing. She likes the go-anywhere ruggedness of Rubicon, and because we live in 7 months of winter. Now she's wondering if Rubicon is really that necessary, as she's unlikely to ever go mudding or rock climbing.

I told her about High altitude being more luxurious, and Sahara being more basic, and I imagine either of those 2 could be outfitted with chunkier tires, and she'd be good to go.

I'm curious though, if she were to consider other powertrain options, what is the real difference between Willy's, Islander, and Rubicon? I don't see anything substantial myself, that would make either a deal breaker for her.

Pretty sure shes set on 4xe, but looking for feedback on how she can set it up just right for her needs.

Live-AxleX2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLXP
Hey Fred-N-Diane. I am in Alberta and ordered the base 29P pkg. It forces you to select the Cold Weather group and Proximity entry thing. It comes with the full time 4X4. With the other models, the Buyer is forced to select Anti-Spin (DSA Option) with the Full time system. The 29P has it separate. Don't want it anyway with black ice on our winter highways. Also lots problems with the DSA option.
Price is not too bad, check it out!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hey everyone, first time poster. ...

Girlfriend has her sights on a 4xe.

She finds the environmentally conscious aspect appealing. She likes the go-anywhere ruggedness of Rubicon, and because we live in 7 months of winter. Now she's wondering if Rubicon is really that necessary, as she's unlikely to ever go mudding or rock climbing.

I told her about High altitude being more luxurious, and Sahara being more basic, and I imagine either of those 2 could be outfitted with chunkier tires, and she'd be good to go.

I'm curious though, if she were to consider other powertrain options, what is the real difference between Willy's, Islander, and Rubicon? I don't see anything substantial myself, that would make either a deal breaker for her.

Pretty sure shes set on 4xe, but looking for feedback on how she can set it up just right for her needs.
Yes, any of them can be equipped with a more aggressive tire. That's probably the most common mod on a Wrangler, so you'll have tons of options.

As for which is more luxurious/basic. None are really any more or less luxurious/basic than the other unless you're only looking standard equipment. For example the Sport S can be built to have pretty much everything the Sahara has, with a few exceptions like the stitched leather dash. The Sahara and Rubicon have most of the same standard equipment with the exception of the Rubicon's off-road upgrades and Sahara's 18" wheels.
As you observed in your comparison most of the packages come down to subtle difference, so I wouldn't get too hung up on those. Obviously they help you get some of the "must have" items on your list, but you can typically get what you want on all of them.
For example in '18 when they released the JL you could only get the full time 4wd on the Sahara (which is what I ordered, and highly recommend living in a snowy climate). Now that same feature is available as on option on multiple trims. Jeep as done a good job of making these pretty much ala carte.

Sponsored

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
Rated same payload and tow as regular JLU.
The 4XE Rubicon must have a higher GVWR then the 3.6 Rubicon. Because if it was the same 5800lbs then the 4XE payload capacity would only be 578lbs compared to the 3.6 1410lbs payload capacity.

I can see swapping out for the 4XE Rubicons springs and shocks being a good option for the other engine models for those with heavier equipment.

Last edited:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
does anyone know if the Rubicon 4xe has the Alpine premium sound / sub standard? the build and price does not offer it even as an option, seems like a major oversight if not available.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Alpine Premium is standard on the Rubicon. I know because it is on my build sheet for the Rubicon I ordered
Sponsored