First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I don't think the "e" works, its not electric. Mabey "H"? JLURH? I liked JLUR4. JLUR4xe is kinda long but it sounds cool.

I don’t know what to tell you. The “e” is already established.

Jeep put the “e” on there which stands for “electric”. We don’t have control over what Jeep named it.
4Xe stands for “Four By Electric”. It was a play on words for “Four By Four”, or 4x4.

Also, it is electric. The 4xe has the ability to run only electric while never using the engine.

Last edited:

eLECTRICON

I don’t know what to tell you. The “e” is already established.

Jeep put the “e” on there which stands for “electric”. We don’t have control over what Jeep named it.
4Xe stands for “Four By Electric”. It was a play on words for “Four By Four”, or 4x4......
Ya... I know all that. But the abbreviation is made up! Its to late! I already called FCA and filed a motion for R4xe to be the abbreviation for the Rubicon 4xe.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
The names would be:

JLUSS4xe (Sport S)
JLUS4xe (Sahara)
JLUR4xe (Rubicon)

And the 392 would be:
JLUR392

Sponsored

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
How did you guys decide on your choice of top? Were you forced to decide because of budget? I put some thought into it. On my JKU I had the dual top. I loved having the soft top for the ease of top less but I got tired of opening, closing and zipping windows especially when it started to rain because the weatherman was wrong! So I just kept the hard top on. I like the look better with the hard top and took off the freedom panels a lot and then switched to the Sunrider which was my favorite set up for the JK. Now we have the option for the Sky Top which is the Sunrider on steroids! What sold me on the Sky Top was the removable freedom windows. None of the other tops offer that so I decided on the Sky Top even at the high price.
I wanted the hard top headliner to reduce noise and increase insulation. That required the 3 piece color hard top. It is not likely I will drive it that much with the hardtop off, so I didn’t feel I needed the other options .

eLECTRICON

I wanted the hard top headliner to reduce noise and increase insulation. That required the 3 piece color hard top. It is not likely I will drive it that much with the hardtop off, so I didn’t feel I needed the other options .
Thanks for your reply. That actually makes a lot of sense.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Here's a dumb question... How often do you need to charge it? Obviously yes, it depends how much you drive. But in general, do you charge it approx as much as you refill the gas tank? Or daily? Or less than you need to fill up in gas?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
How did you guys decide on your choice of top? Were you forced to decide because of budget? I put some thought into it. On my JKU I had the dual top. I loved having the soft top for the ease of top less but I got tired of opening, closing and zipping windows especially when it started to rain because the weatherman was wrong! So I just kept the hard top on. I like the look better with the hard top and took off the freedom panels a lot and then switched to the Sunrider which was my favorite set up for the JK. Now we have the option for the Sky Top which is the Sunrider on steroids! What sold me on the Sky Top was the removable freedom windows. None of the other tops offer that so I decided on the Sky Top even at the high price.
I chose the hardtop because I wanted the security of actual windows. I had stuff stolen out of a JK with a soft top (yes the doors were locked).
I've got a sunrider to replace the freedom panels which is nice. The sky top wasn't an option when I ordered my Jeep, but If I were ordering now I'd go that route. I like how it offers a larger opening than the freedom panels AND you can take the side windows off. 4xe Sahara with a sky top will be my next Jeep (unless they bring back the Moab, or make a 2 door Gladiator).

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
What did you buy for 7K$$

I have the dual top group, i have winter beaters so my wranglers are put away for the winter. On Wifes Sahara, I put the Sunrider on, I use the soft top on mine during summer with tube doors, I only drive it when nice out( put under car cover if it is going to rain).

I would do the Sky one touch if I bought another, although there are threads about folks having isssue with them, not sure they have corrected the problems.

Per noise, I have 3 convertible and they have the Twill fabric and they are quiet enough for me with the tops up, currently driving my winter PT vert now and as long as you treat the top with 303 Fabric protector everything is good.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Here's a dumb question... How often do you need to charge it? Obviously yes, it depends how much you drive. But in general, do you charge it approx as much as you refill the gas tank? Or daily? Or less than you need to fill up in gas?
You don't _need_ to charge it ever; the battery will charge and supply energy as needed while in hybrid mode. But, to gain the best mileage and energy efficiency, plug it in every night...or at least every night that it's not sitting at a trailhead or campsite somewhere.

Every time you charge overnight, you save 1 gallon of gas but spend $1.70 charging. The average 4xe driver will save about $500/yr in fuel costs while benefitting from lower emissions and extra power from electric drive. {Assumes: 13500miles/yr, $2.60/gal, $0.1/kWh}

CTEL23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe, Ford Expedition Stealth
Has anyone ordered a 4xe Rubicon in the Hydro Pearl?

Last edited:

eLECTRICON

What did you buy for 7K$$

I have the dual top group, i have winter beaters so my wranglers are put away for the winter. On Wifes Sahara, I put the Sunrider on, I use the soft top on mine during summer with tube doors, I only drive it when nice out( put under car cover if it is going to rain).

I would do the Sky one touch if I bought another, although there are threads about folks having isssue with them, not sure they have corrected the problems.

Per noise, I have 3 convertible and they have the Twill fabric and they are quiet enough for me with the tops up, currently driving my winter PT vert now and as long as you treat the top with 303 Fabric protector everything is good.
2" lift, set of 5 wheels with 35" tires, and a winch.

DarwinW13

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Occupation
Bioinformatician
Has anyone ordered a 4xe Rubicon in the Hydro Pearl?
I don't believe it is available yet, just Chief Blue, which will be around through February, and then presumably the Hydro. But I could be wrong...
Sponsored