4xe Sahara
Occupation
Media Services
More bling for the fun of it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_5795

Printed with TPU filament. Fits solid and comes off with a gentle tug. Secures over the lug’s inner brim pretty well. I designed a hex-topped version too, but like the cylinder look better.
Looks great! Any chance you'd be willing to share the file? I'd love to try printing these for my Jeep. I've never tried using TPU before, would be a good test

Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
Looks great! Any chance you'd be willing to share the file? I'd love to try printing these for my Jeep. I've never tried using TPU before, would be a good test
pm sent.

Easycustoms

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
This is great! I couldn’t remember my old username so I made a new one and this thread brought me back to the forums!

I’ve been trying to design “fog covers” for my 2 inch square pods since it’s required to have them covered in NH.

I’ve been going back and fourth between “clip on” which is obviously best for ease of use, on and off. But harder to design. Or thin edge squish between the front plate.The squish design is obviously much easier to do, but do I really want to be dealing with 16 tiny screws on each fog every time I want to take it on or off. I know at that point they’ll just become something that will only be put on to pass inspection.

Mazer, some true craftsmanship! Do you use fusion? If you’re willing to share, I’d love to print your tazer remix.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazer, some true craftsmanship! Do you use fusion? If you’re willing to share, I’d love to print your tazer remix.
I use FreeCad. Pix of the lights would be the best way to assess, but a ffriction-held TPU cover design and a pair of calipers would be where I'd start.

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great thread! Subscribed! Even though I don't even have enough artistic talent to draw a stick figure, I appreciate those that do!

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
@mazer would you happen to have the print file for the Tazer mount with the usb window? Not the clamp style so the remix of wilhelmsr version.

JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR and 2020 Jeep Gladiator
This seemed like the best place to share. My Jeep finally came in (YAY) so I got to test my hidden ice scraper. I live in Florida, so I'm not buying a ice scraper anytime soon, however if I was on a trip and ended up needing to scrape the window this seemed like a neat solution for emergency use.

I got the idea from a 3d printing site, modified it and created my own scraper. I have posted the .stl files for anyone else that wants to print them out for themselves on my thingiverse profile:

Jeep Wrangler hidden ice scraper fuel door by CaptainJC - Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5370040

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8335.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8333.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8332.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8331.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers 1651082375404

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers 1651082417294

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This seemed like the best place to share. My Jeep finally came in (YAY) so I got to test my hidden ice scraper. I live in Florida, so I'm not buying a ice scraper anytime soon, however if I was on a trip and ended up needing to scrape the window this seemed like a neat solution for emergency use.

I got the idea from a 3d printing site, modified it and created my own scraper. I have posted the .stl files for anyone else that wants to print them out for themselves on my thingiverse profile:

Jeep Wrangler hidden ice scraper fuel door by CaptainJC - Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5370040
Welcome to the bright white Club.
Sponsored