Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
I know, little green man stories but no more jerking of idle the car literally feels as it should. Not everyone is going to need it but i heard of this issue before I ain't the only crazy nut here
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I know, little green man stories but no more jerking of idle the car literally feels as it should. Not everyone is going to need it but i heard of this issue before I ain't the only crazy nut here
In all seriousness somewhere in the owners manual(I think? I know Iā€™ve seen it somewhere) FCA recommends premium fuel for the 3.6 if you have engine knocking. 87 has run just fine for my usage though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
In all seriousness somewhere in the owners manual(I think? I know Iā€™ve seen it somewhere) FCA recommends premium fuel for the 3.6 if you have engine knocking. 87 has run just fine for my usage though.
Some are lucky that way. form low RPMS I would hear small amount of knock off of 1st gear especially ..once I hit 2000 rpm all that would smooth out run like silk. For the first time the issue is gone

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Mine loves 93 Octane. But, prolonged use of 87 octane causes the engine to idle slightly rough. 95 percent of my driving is short drives, and I fill up every 10-14 days. So, I dont.mind spoiling the Jeep with mostly 93 octane.

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
As stated by others, the possibility is poor fuel quality. I use only Shell, Exxon and BP (the most readily available national brands near me) and avoid 'old'/run-down gas stations (which may have bad tanks). The 3.6 in my Wrangler, as did the 3.6 I had in my '15 Durango, run very well on 87. (Clarifying which vehicle I'm talking about per query below by cosine. My other vehicles don't come with a 3.6 engine.)

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
which car are you talking about? because this is a jeep wrangler forum.

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
As stated by others, the possibility is poor fuel quality. I use only Shell, Exxon and BP (the most readily available national brands near me) and avoid 'old'/run-down gas stations (which may have bad tanks). My 3.6, as did the one I had in my '15 Durango, run very well on 87.
agreed, 87 octane is just a label it seems

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m just here for the memes, and you all didnā€™t disappoint.
Best. Thread. Today.

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Iā€™m just here for the memes, and you all didnā€™t disappoint.
Best. Thread. Today.
i'll star another one soon ...folks were going to need a lot more popcorn!
Sponsored