First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Jeep is in all out Bronco battle mode. Large number of the recent changes we have seen come out are due to benchmarking Jeep against Bronco (e.g. XR on Rubi and Willy's, 4.88s option on manuals, Standard 8.4 on many models). This is very good for us consumers.

In many areas, Jeep is so far ahead of Ford that they can turn the volume down a bit. Case in point, the engine bay, all Jeep engineers did was look at Bronco's hot mess of wires and hoses and say "Da fuq? If we dump our engine covers, Jeep will still look way better than that... and we will save some money for other investments!"

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 8.26.43 AM.png
That's not an engine, it's an amateur mechanic deterrent device.
Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
15-20$ per hr starting at Mickey D's = $9.75 cheeseburger fries and a small drink. Someone's gotta pay! It's not like the CO's are gonna take a salary cut.
Just got a couple 3 piece chicken strip meals at Popeyes this weekend. Added 2 apple pies. Just over $27. We decided that the whole fixing meals at home thing we'd been doing for most of the last year, was coming back for a repeat engagement.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes. Two door Rubicon. I thought those "vents" were not functional and sealed?!?!
They’re “semi-functional” they aren’t fully open but they aren’t closed either, if you look careful you will see a gap between the vents and the plastic on the bottom. I guess it’s meant to radiate some extra heat away although I don’t know how much that helps with the inner hood cover being present. But yes they’re semi-open and they have water channels to direct any water that goes in those vents.

XT Carol

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 3.6L V6
On the JL Rubicons, the water from the hood vents crosses over between the hood, and hood underlay cover. It drains out the sides of the hoods by the fenders. The top of that covering has a Visqueen type material. as it deteriorates the water damages the liner. I have a new liner on order for mine. But it is on back order. That is the discoloration that you are seeing.
Oh thank you. That helps me a lot to know that's where the water goes. I always wondered and I can now check that mat periodically and see how it's holding up.

Carol
2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
My 2021 3.6 etorque does not have an engine cover either, I purchased it about 2 weeks ago :)

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi

Picked up my 22 JLUR 6mt and didn't have a cover either.

Regards,
Jim

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hi

Regards,
Jim
Hopefully you weren't expecting it to have one. Even the incredibly lethargic jeep.com's builder hasn't shown them for the v6 in ages.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi

Regards,
Jim
@Jmos4

Did you get one or two fobs... I'd be more concerned about getting one fob then with that plastic cover.

Hey.... Enjoy that JL!

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi all,

Nope was aware just figured I'd let everyone know, 2 key fobs, only wish they were smaller, but that's another thing

Regards,
Jim

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi all,

Nope was aware just figured I'd let everyone know, 2 key fobs, only wish they were smaller, but that's another thing

Regards,
Jim
Check out Forum Sponsor @Threedom 's fob offerings.. Way smalle then factory fob... one model even has a retractable key, not a switchblade key.. They have various textures and many colors.. Very nice and SMALLER.. but you can't ride them like you can the beefer factory fob... Yee Hah...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JL 3.6L V6- No longer providing Engine Cover Jeep Bull

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Just got my factory ordered 2022 JL Rubicon and noticed, no engine cover under hood. the mounts for cover was left open.
Reached out to jeep customer care and dealer. They mentioned it no longer providing and its ok to leave the mounts open.
Do anyone noticed it ?
If yes, make a complaint to jeep customer care. so they will review it again.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JL 3.6L V6- No longer providing Engine Cover Jeep Bull
If you need to get to anything under the cover, it is just in the way. I do not think it is needed...

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Just got a couple 3 piece chicken strip meals at Popeyes this weekend. Added 2 apple pies. Just over $27. We decided that the whole fixing meals at home thing we'd been doing for most of the last year, was coming back for a repeat engagement.
I love their apple pies. Decades ago, McDonalds had the awesome deep fried pies. Then they got health and start doing the baked pies...