Clubs

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
The MY23 order bank opens up in mid-June. They'll likely rollover the MY22 orders that haven't been built into the 23 when they shift production. The down side of not getting MY22 order in right now is the likely price increase on the new model. With an order placed, you get price protection with most dealers.
I ordered a 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon on March 15th. I'm in D status with no build sheet/production date. Being that I ordered the Limited edition Gobi color can they still move that to 2023 or will that definitely be built as a 2022? There was only a 3 month window to get that color and it ends in June.
12/13 JLUR-XR order. Still gathering f#cking parts šŸ¤¬
Dam. You ordered December 12th 2013? You really got F-ed. šŸ˜³šŸ¤£

Bpieroway

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo xc70, civic hatchback touring

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I believe i can speak for many, many people on these forums. Sir Ratbert, you will be missed greatly if you decide to ease or stop your contributions. You have been an awesome source of info and insight! So appreciated ! When you speak, I definately LISTEN ! THANK YOU!!
Thanks! We're all part of a really cool community here. I get a lot from it and just want to give back a little.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Well, letā€™s think about this. Thatā€™s two months. 2023 orders begin on June 15, less than one month away.

And there are many, many reports of slower builds than yours. Mine is 4 months + and still not shipped.

I donā€™t understand why some believe they can still expect to order and receive ā€™22ā€™s now. All the recent constraints on orders are clear signals from Jeep they are backlogged and this model year is basically done.
Uh, thought the actual build date for '23s was in August. Orders open June but that's 2 months to try to get as many '22s out.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Uh, thought the actual build date for '23s was in August. Orders open June but that's 2 months to try to get as many '22s out.
Iā€™m not interested in debating this endlessly, itā€™s pointless. Jeep has spoken. Perhaps you can discuss perspectives with all the people who ordered back in 21 and still are waiting. Jeepā€™s manufacturing is obviously FUBARed and theyā€™re taking some time to get it back on track.

If anyone wants to go to their dealer and wring their hands while protesting they *should* be able to order things that Jeep has taken off the table, I wish them well. Thatā€™s all I have to say. No further replies on this topic from me.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

In theory, all of the current 2022 orders in the pipeline must be completed on or before August 31, 2022. All production starting on September 1, 2022 has to have Automatic Emergency Braking installed. This is most likely why they are seriously restricting 2022 orders from now to June 15th, they can't go beyond the 31st for any leftover '22 models that were not ordered with the Advanced Safety Group. In some cases they have been notifying buyers that their '22 orders are being converted to '23's, but it should be noted that those orders will include AEB.

If anyone has an order in for a '22 without the Advanced Safety Group, if it is going to be built at all it will be built before the end of August. No exceptions. As for Gobi, there's always a chance that they will extend that color for a bit into the '23 model year, Snazzberry straddled two model years for example.
Sponsored