Sponsored

2022 Models - Press Release Dates

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am in for the long haul. Between potential new colors and any improvements, worth it. Come on new colors not grey!
Plus 2022 will or should have one full model year more residual value. Historically anyway, this crazy market has changed all the traditional rules.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yeah if you can and are willing to wait why not :)

I think those of us that we’re willing to wait till late august, early September to pick up the car are ordering now.

Not being able to place an order for another 4 months from today and then waiting another 3-4 months to get that car is just too long.

If you can wait 8 months for the possibility of the Gobi color do it.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
I'm right there with you. I would love, love Gobi Tan. Instant buy.

Nothing wrong with Hydro Blue, White, and Granite in my opinion but man, something different would be a welcome change. Gecko is wild and while it looks awesome, I just can't imagine that being my jeeps color for the next 5-10 years.

I will wait impatiently for 2022 order banks to open knowing full well Uconnect 5 is probably not happening until 2023. Quite honestly I'm thinking about not even getting the 8.4 in my Rubicon build so that's not even a "must have" for me. Leak the new colors Jeep! Let's get this party started!

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I'm right there with you. I would love, love Gobi Tan. Instant buy.

Nothing wrong with Hydro Blue, White, and Granite in my opinion but man, something different would be a welcome change. Gecko is wild and while it looks awesome, I just can't imagine that being my jeeps color for the next 5-10 years.

I will wait impatiently for 2022 order banks to open knowing full well Uconnect 5 is probably not happening until 2023. Quite honestly I'm thinking about not even getting the 8.4 in my Rubicon build so that's not even a "must have" for me. Leak the new colors Jeep! Let's get this party started!
Gobi was my top choice until Gecko came back. I'd still buy a Gobi though if I could

Last edited:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I was hoping that Billet would be available but it looks like we will be going with a granite sahara.

A few weeks ago I renewed my lapsed membership with Access Fund which qualifies as an affiliate. There is a 30 waiting period like tread lightly, does anyone know if that would that be from the date of order or delivery?
delivery

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
I ordered with Daniel at Gupton.
Super excited!

Got my von already.

Is that a way of tracking ntu the build?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I ordered with Daniel at Gupton.
Super excited!

Got my von already.

Is that a way of tracking ntu the build?
According to the guide, you need the VIN, which you should be able to get from Daniel ~5 days after the order is placed.

Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

I got my VON from him the next day, and plan to ping him on Monday for the VIN.

It'd be pretty cool if both of our Jeeps were on the same truck and we could do an IRL meetup when we both get our Jeeps!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

According to the guide, you need the VIN, which you should be able to get from Daniel ~5 days after the order is placed.

Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

I got my VON from him the next day, and plan to ping him on Monday for the VIN.

It'd be pretty cool if both of our Jeeps were on the same truck and we could do an IRL meetup when we both get our Jeeps!
I was able to use the VON to get my VIN from Jeep Chat.

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I ordered my Wrangler from Daniel almost two weeks ago....on a Saturday...received my Von on Sunday and my VIN from Daniel on Monday. He doesn't mess around.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
For those more in tune with how this whole thing works, what are the odds a new color(s) come out before 22 guide, if it is indeed into December for that?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
For those more in tune with how this whole thing works, what are the odds a new color(s) come out before 22 guide, if it is indeed into December for that?
I think there's always a chance a new color comes out, I think we might even see Gecko go away within the next couple order guides, maybe even as early as July.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
I think there's always a chance a new color comes out, I think we might even see Gecko go away within the next couple order guides, maybe even as early as July.
I agree with you on Gecko, the last guide went out of its way to say limited. That would probably mean at least one more color will be available?
Sponsored