Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Man I've gone back and forth over and over on the color. You guys getting Hydro Blue are killing me, lol.

If I do Hydro Blue, I'd have to go regular Sahara for the black top. Body color would just be too much IMO.

But the Sahara Altitude is literally $300 difference for me, and I get the black trim that I'm going to mod anyways, PLUS basically a free headliner and the body color top. If I go that route, I'd do Granite since it comes with a body color top.

So do I get a Hydro Blue Sahara and do black accents everywhere, or do I go Granite Sahara Altitude and plan on doing light blue accents (4xe blue, basically)?

Gah this decision-making is exhausting, lol.
I hear ya! I like the bright colors, and really was sad when they got rid of Mojito. That said I dont care for color matched top with the bright colors.
My second choice is Granite Crystal, and I do like that color with a color matched top. My Ram 1500 is Granite so I really had to go a different color for the JLUR as I’m keeping the truck.

Easier with the Rubicon as the default is a black top
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Man I've gone back and forth over and over on the color. You guys getting Hydro Blue are killing me, lol.

If I do Hydro Blue, I'd have to go regular Sahara for the black top. Body color would just be too much IMO.

But the Sahara Altitude is literally $300 difference for me, and I get the black trim that I'm going to mod anyways, PLUS basically a free headliner and the body color top. If I go that route, I'd do Granite since it comes with a body color top.

So do I get a Hydro Blue Sahara and do black accents everywhere, or do I go Granite Sahara Altitude and plan on doing light blue accents (4xe blue, basically)?

That's a good question. Ultimately you have decide what you can tolerate looking at every day when you walk to your car.

My wife's Sahara is Sting Gray and I really like it. Since she already has Sting Grey and every car I have owned in the past has pretty much been black, white or some combination of silver/grey, I knew I wanted a fun color this time. Plus it's a Jeep and fun colors fit quite well on a Jeep body.

My first choice was nacho, but that was discontinued and available for the 392, which is now ordered. The only other two colors I liked were Snazberry and Sarge Green. I definitely could have lived with Sarge Green but not Snazberry, although it is a beautiful coat as I have seen it in person.

Ultimately, I decided on Hydro Blue and I may do some modifications with it over time to make it not pop as much, but we will see.

If I were you, I would get the Sahara Altitude in Hydro Blue. Down the line you can always buy a black hard top and a satin grill to replace the color one. Between those two changes and the blacked out wheels, I think it would look great but you are the one that has to live/love it :)

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I hear ya! I like the bright colors, and really was sad when they got rid of Mojito. That said I dont care for color matched top with the bright colors.
My second choice is Granite Crystal, and I do like that color with a color matched top. My Ram 1500 is Granite so I really had to go a different color for the JLUR as I’m keeping the truck.

Easier with the Rubicon as the default is a black top
What color are you going with then? I know choosing a bright color kind of scares me since I have always rocked neutral colors but I am ready for some fun. I am buying the 392 and I am sure I will never sell this car. When I add another car to go along side the 392, I will probably lease a Mercedes EQS (will go with neutral color) to test out how I like full electric.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

What color are you going with then? I know choosing a bright color kind of scares me since I have always rocked neutral colors but I am ready for some fun. I am buying the 392 and I am sure I will never sell this car. When I add another car to go along side the 392, I will probably lease a Mercedes EQS (will go with neutral color) to test out how I like full electric.
Hydro Blue with a black hard top

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hydro Blue with a black hard top
Not a bad choice! There is quite bit of blue on the car with sky one touch added, but I know I can always grab a black hard top at some point if I want to switch it up. What are you thinking about adding the black satin grill later on? Something you might do?

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

[/
Not a bad choice! There is quite bit of blue on the car with sky one touch added, but I know I can always grab a black hard top at some point if I want to switch it up. What are you thinking about adding the black satin grill later on? Something you might do?
Not a fan of the black grill. Will leave that alone

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I have this feeling it’s going to be a nothing burger. I hope they don’t think there’s gonna be a run on the Bronco after killing the buzz so thoroughly.
As I’ve said before in other threads. Don’t worry about Ford. They will sell every Bronco they can make. Don’t worry about them. They have the #1 selling vehicle in America in the F series. They make money hand over fist.
They just came out with an electric version of their #1 seller. It will be a hit.
The. Maverick will be a hit. The Bronco will be a hit. No matter how bungled this all is it is a legit, strong addition to off-roading.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
As I’ve said before in other threads. Don’t worry about Ford. They will sell every Bronco they can make. Don’t worry about them. They have the #1 selling vehicle in America in the F series. They make money hand over fist.
They just came out with an electric version of their #1 seller. It will be a hit.
The. Maverick will be a hit. The Bronco will be a hit. No matter how bungled this all is it is a legit, strong addition to off-roading.
Ok

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Ford sells F-150s but the Ranger sales are less than half the Tacoma and they have an entire lineup of uninspired offerings other than the F series and the Mustang.

The Maverick and Lighting will be niche vehicles, and I think the full Bronco will be as well. The Bronco Sport will be a good seller, probably around 125k-150k. But it will take sales away from the rest of their crappy crossovers.

How do I know? I don't.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

So now I'm considering a Hydro Blue Sahara w/ the black top. If I skip the leather seats, I can swap in the full LED lighting kit and I get the grey hard dash instead of the leather one. Could wrap it to be either black with some decals, or hydro blue to match the exterior.

I've always had cloth anyways, and it doesn't preclude me from getting heated seats. For <$2K, I could always add Katskinz later if I really wanted leather.

Anything I'm missing switching from leather to cloth?

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I pray your fleet manager is right, but a lot more people in these formus have indication of it being otherwise.

to track besides the deal you can use jeep chat in the contact us section of Jeep’s website.
Do I need the VON number? Or will they look it up for me?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

So now I'm considering a Hydro Blue Sahara w/ the black top. If I skip the leather seats, I can swap in the full LED lighting kit and I get the grey hard dash instead of the leather one. Could wrap it to be either black with some decals, or hydro blue to match the exterior.

I've always had cloth anyways, and it doesn't preclude me from getting heated seats. For <$2K, I could always add Katskinz later if I really wanted leather.

I’m thinking I have the top off as much as possible in the summer time, so I didn’t want leather as it can get hot.
I was torn as I love the look and leather does clean up easily.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

I was told here on the forums if you get cloth you will lose the pull down center console with cup holders for the back seats. To me that does not matter, but might for you.

Talk about wrapping things. I think it would be cool to bring in a little gold and blue into the interior to match the 392 exterior coloring. Also, not right off the bat, but I may do a partial wrap of the car at some point adding a black design if it becomes too much blue for me after a while.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I was told here on the forums if you get cloth you will lose the pull down center console with cup holders for the back seats. To me that does not matter, but might for you.

Talk about wrapping things. I think it would be cool to bring in a little gold and blue into the interior to match the 392 exterior coloring. Also, not right off the bat, but I may do a partial wrap of the car at some point adding a black design if it becomes too much blue for me after a while.
You lose the pull down center console but you gain the 2 cup holders that are on the floor attached to the center console, if you have leather its these 2 unusable to me squares instead of the cup holders

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Do I need the VON number? Or will they look it up for me?
I had a VIN, but maybe you try try with your VON (assuming you have that). But they will need something beyond just your name, etc.

Good luck!
Sponsored