First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Sounds like Jeep has enough problems with Uconnect 4...Don't know if I want a first year version 5 in a Wrangler.
There's quite a few reported problems already with uConnect 5, but that is how software woks. Plus, it can more easily and quickly receive OTA like an iPhone or TELSA system can.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Good to know, thanks...still not waiting for it. New Rubicon showing up in about a month HOPEFULLY. Striking on the smoking hot market for my current M2.
That’s awesome. Hope you get top dollar.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Sounds like Jeep has enough problems with Uconnect 4...Don't know if I want a first year version 5 in a Wrangler.
I would gamble on the UC5. UC4 is that bad...

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know, thanks...still not waiting for it. New Rubicon showing up in about a month HOPEFULLY. Striking on the smoking hot market for my current M2.
Strike while the iron is hot. Not sure about the M2 but I noticed auction prices are going back the other direction lately.

I sold off a coupe of cars also. Including my '19JLR. Going to order a 2022, UC5 or not. Hopefully There will be a couple of new interesting colors or something.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
2022 Compass is getting Uconnect 5 with a 10.1 inch screen. Maybe that’s a sign of something to come?

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
First time poster here. I will probably regret saying this but I am headed to Chicago Auto Show on Friday night so I should be able to get the skinny. Currently not an owner (I used to own an old JK in the 90s) and looking to buy a new 2022. So I may not be able to answer all the questions that fly at me but I at least want to get an idea of when orders for 2022 start, when they expect to start shipping, what models (if any) besides Rubi that the 35s are now offered on, new colors, etc.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Not to discourage you from asking, but the people who work the auto show won't be armed with the information to give you an accurate answer, and anything they give you won't be anything rooted in fact.

FCA (Stellantis now) does their model year change over on 9/1 for most models, which is the earliest we will find out what lies ahead for Wrangler in 2022. They haven't even published the 2022 Wrangler information on the Media information embargo site yet, which usually has been done by now in past years.

First time poster here. I will probably regret saying this but I am headed to Chicago Auto Show on Friday night so I should be able to get the skinny. Currently not an owner (I used to own an old JK in the 90s) and looking to buy a new 2022. So I may not be able to answer all the questions that fly at me but I at least want to get an idea of when orders for 2022 start, when they expect to start shipping, what models (if any) besides Rubi that the 35s are now offered on, new colors, etc.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am happy with my UC4, they really aren't that bad. I suspect you haven't owned a car with a bad head unit.
Do a search. There are plenty of threads about how problematic UC4 or the hardware is.

:CWL:I used to think like you when I would see the complaint about the Uconnect. Get back to me in about a year or so and tell me how you like the UC4. My UC4 was working fine for the first 1-1.5 years.

Bad assumption about me not having owned a car with a bad head unit. You are suspecting way wrong. I have dozens and dozens of video in real time of all of the problems. Try a head unit that locks up and freezes all the time. None of the controls on the touch screen worked. GPS, XM, back-up camera glitches. Better yet, how about the head unit not being responsive and preventing all the other controls associated with it on the steering wheel, dash, SOS not to work? Or how about when the head unit locks up and the radio stay ON even though the ignition is confirmed OFF and the doors are locked? You either pull the radio fuse or call a tow truck in the morning because your battery will be dead.

I have talked to enough FCA staff about this. FCA, Jeep Uconnect, dealers, tech, all know there are flaws and problems with the current Uconnect4. What they don't know is how to fix the problems? The techs confirm this. The most common response from Jeep..."it's a complex computer and computers need updates time to time or hardware can go bad". They rely on software updates and hardware replacment to fix the problems. Guess what? I had all of the updates done and 3 head units. Guess what? The back up camera still glitches.

You think the support will get better for UC4 as FCA abandons UC4 for UC5?

Unfortunately I will have to take whatever is on the 2022 JLs and deal with it. That really pains me knowing how problematic UC4 is.

Last edited:

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Not to discourage you from asking, but the people who work the auto show won't be armed with the information to give you an accurate answer, and anything they give you won't be anything rooted in fact.

FCA (Stellantis now) does their model year change over on 9/1 for most models, which is the earliest we will find out what lies ahead for Wrangler in 2022. They haven't even published the 2022 Wrangler information on the Media information embargo site yet, which usually has been done by now in past years.

I think you are right. From what I can tell there aren't ANY 2022 Wranglers at the show. All the buzz/literature so far today has been about the redesigned Compass. At this point I'm debating even going to tomorrow night because it appears I am setting myself up for a big let down.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
2022 Compass is getting Uconnect 5 with a 10.1 inch screen. Maybe that’s a sign of something to come?
2022 RAM will have Uconnect 5 as well. If it’s not 2022 for Wrangler, it’s the 2023 model. Uconnect 4 is being completely phased out.
Sponsored