Sponsored

2022 Models - Press Release Dates

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
That’s correct. Chicago is all about Wrangler Recon Xtreme and Compass. The rest will be standard fare 2021s.

I think you are right. From what I can tell there aren't ANY 2022 Wranglers at the show. All the buzz/literature so far today has been about the redesigned Compass. At this point I'm debating even going to tomorrow night because it appears I am setting myself up for a big let down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Comeback next year. The same show will probably being display some serious mid cycle refresh love.

Last edited:

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Comeback next year. The same show will probably being display some serious mid refresh love.
I've seen your previous posts. You were anxiously awaiting 2022 info as well before ordering a 392. Similarly, I do not want to wait another year... Now debating if I want to hold off for the 2022 (summer IS almost over) or just order a 2021 and try to get those last few weeks of Chicago summer/early fall. But I also really wanted Billet Silver, which apparently isn't a thing right now, so the whole thing is a mess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I've seen your previous posts. You were anxiously awaiting 2022 info as well before ordering a 492. Similarly, I do not want to wait another year... Now debating if I want to hold off for the 2022 (summer IS almost over) or just order a 2021 and try to get those last few weeks of Chicago summer/early fall. But I also really wanted Billet Silver, which apparently isn't a thing right now, so the whole thing is a mess.
Okay. Break it down then my friend. What are you considering? What would make you wait versus ordering now?

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Okay. Break it down then my friend. What are you considering? What would make you wait versus ordering now?
That's interesting. As I am trying to formulate a response I realize how twisted around I have gotten over the last few weeks. I was just about ready to pull the trigger in early May when this thread started talking about 2022 order guides popping on 6/7, or whatever we thought that date was back then. So it seemed like a good idea to wait and see. In the interim, they discontinued Billet Silver, and for me there was really no plan B. June 7 came and went, and then this thread (or maybe it was a different one) said "oh, all will be revealed in July at Chicago auto show", which I am a suburbanite of, so I figured I would go this weekend, see the new 202s2, place an order and get late fall,/early winter. Seeing as how August is around the corner, I have pretty much written off going topless this year whether it be a 2022 or ordering a 2021 now. Then the Uconnect 5 rumors started. As I sit here today, I feel pretty confident in saying that's not happening on the 2022.

This is a long way of saying I blame you for starting this thread (kidding. kind of). If I would have just ordered in early May I would be driving it now (well, maybe..) and got what I had decided on, never knowing or caring about the Recon package, potential Uconnect 5, etc. Now, I may be waiting for things that are unlikely to happen and I pretty much have resigned myself to wait for delivery in winter because it gives me more time to save a larger down payment and figure out how to store the hard top in the garage, instead of getting it now, ripping that sucker off day 1 and having nowhere to put it. And of course there is the Grass Is Always Greener effect, where now guys on this thread are saying "well the 2023 will for SURE have uconnect 5, RECON offered on other trim levels besides Rubi etc, etc."

Sponsored

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
That's interesting. As I am trying to formulate a response I realize how twisted around I have gotten over the last few weeks. I was just about ready to pull the trigger in early May when this thread started talking about 2022 order guides popping on 6/7, or whatever we thought that date was back then. So it seemed like a good idea to wait and see. In the interim, they discontinued Billet Silver, and for me there was really no plan B. June 7 came and went, and then this thread (or maybe it was a different one) said "oh, all will be revealed in July at Chicago auto show", which I am a suburbanite of, so I figured I would go this weekend, see the new 202s2, place an order and get late fall,/early winter. Seeing as how August is around the corner, I have pretty much written off going topless this year whether it be a 2022 or ordering a 2021 now. Then the Uconnect 5 rumors started. As I sit here today, I feel pretty confident in saying that's not happening on the 2022.

This is a long way of saying I blame you for starting this thread (kidding. kind of). If I would have just ordered in early May I would be driving it now (well, maybe..) and got what I had decided on, never knowing or caring about the Recon package, potential Uconnect 5, etc. Now, I may be waiting for things that are unlikely to happen and I pretty much have resigned myself to wait for delivery in winter because it gives me more time to save a larger down payment and figure out how to store the hard top in the garage, instead of getting it now, ripping that sucker off day 1 and having nowhere to put it. And of course there is the Grass Is Always Greener effect, where now guys on this thread are saying "well the 2023 will for SURE have uconnect 5, RECON offered on other trim levels besides Rubi etc, etc."
I’m in the same boat. I feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better I just checked my emails and my billet silver order was rejected on 4/15… so you were never going to get a Billet in May anyway. I am also stuck without a plan B and just waiting to see what shakes out with all these colors changes. I’m assuming they’re going to have to replace gecko and hella with SOMETHING

slefkoff

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E250 Bluetec
it gives me more time to save a larger down payment
👆this. Play the long game. You’ll have it for the next Chicago summer (or the one after that) and you’ll be glad you saved for the larger down payment. That is, unless you need a new car ASAP.
At least that’s how I’m justifying the wait, which for me really is about UC5, dark green in the high altitude 4xe trim (please, FCA), and hopefully some tech/safety improvements to keep up with the Bronco. Like mirrors staying on when doors come off.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

This happens so often in forums for every hobby. It's like FOMO of anticipation. If you keep reading about what might happen, you're going to live in constant regret based only on theory. The auto industry as a whole is still completely upside down right now. It seems like every company has fallen into the habit of announcing cars and features with a 2 year+ lead time while they struggle to keep up with current production.

At the end of the day, this mindset will leave you disappointed and wishing you'd waited, or bummed that you waited and missed something they changed. If what you really want isn't on the market, step away for 3 - 6 months and then check back. If you see something you want, and you're financially in a position to pull the trigger, get it... and then stop following the upcoming releases.

The world of "what if" is a painful place to live.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My money would be on a mid-cycle interior refresh in 2023 to accommodate a larger screen and wireless charging pad for UC5. They will probably keep the 7inch UC4 as the base option.

As always with the Wrangler, if you can get the powertrain you want and the color you want, I would order and not wait.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

I don’t think waiting to see if the 2022 models were announced in June was necessarily a bad idea. What I do think is now that you know 2022s won’t hit the dealer lots until December and probably very little change is coming, then it’s a good time to make a purchase now.

If you’re waiting to save up more money or look for another color that’s not available right now I can understand that. But just remember there’s no guarantee that a new color will come out that you would like more than what’s available now.

Sponsored

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
This has been my struggle as well.
I'm not sure why I'm waiting to order a 22...lol...I think I'm thinking I'm going to miss a new option for the 22's, also in 4 years when I go to purchase another, my trade value will be higher for a 22 than a 21...lol
I'm looking at a Rubi with the Recon package and Gorilla glass...I'm fortunate to get employee discount pricing so its a good upgrade for me as opposed to purchasing separately after market..
I'm sure there isn't going to be any mayor upgrades beyond Recon in the 22 or it would have been released in Chicago...right?...just wish I could stop obsessing about the 22's and pull the trigger.
Someone give me a push...haha.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This has been my struggle as well.
I'm not sure why I'm waiting to order a 22...lol...I think I'm thinking I'm going to miss a new option for the 22's, also in 4 years when I go to purchase another, my trade value will be higher for a 22 than a 21...lol
I'm looking at a Rubi with the Recon package and Gorilla glass...I'm fortunate to get employee discount pricing so its a good upgrade for me as opposed to purchasing separately after market..
I'm sure there isn't going to be any mayor upgrades beyond Recon in the 22 or it would have been released in Chicago...right?...just wish I could stop obsessing about the 22's and pull the trigger.
Someone give me a push...haha.
The only guarantee about the '22 is that it will cost more.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Someone mentioned it earlier, but I see a lot of people in here suffering from FOMO. This happens a lot in the PC building community, too. Something new is always around the corner, so you could end up in this endless cycle of ‘holding out just a little longer’.

Theres a couple of features the next MY or even a mid-cycle refresh makes me wish was a thing when I got mine, but I wouldn’t trade it for the fact that I love to see it out the window every time or that I can use any excuse to go to the store to actually enjoy it.

I say unless you are waiting for a specific color, maybe it’s worth it—but waiting for hypotheticals or rumors that aren’t confirmed is just bound to putting you in a position where you could have otherwise been enjoying your Jeep already.

slefkoff

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E250 Bluetec
Someone mentioned it earlier, but I see a lot of people in here suffering from FOMO. This happens a lot in the PC building community, too. Something new is always around the corner, so you could end up in this endless cycle of ‘holding out just a little longer’.

Theres a couple of features the next MY or even a mid-cycle refresh makes me wish was a thing when I got mine, but I wouldn’t trade it for the fact that I love to see it out the window every time or that I can use any excuse to go to the store to actually enjoy it.

I say unless you are waiting for a specific color, maybe it’s worth it—but waiting for hypotheticals or rumors that aren’t confirmed is just bound to putting you in a position where you could have otherwise been enjoying your Jeep already.
True, but there's a big difference - In the PC world you can upgrade your computer a year later for a grand or so. Harder to do that with a car. That said, there will always be folks on both sides of the fence - buy now and you'll be happy or buy later and you'll be happy.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR

The answer to FOMO is YOLO, and it gets easier to apply the older one gets. I would much rather enjoy life more today than wait for something better, you never know when your time is up. There will always be something better coming.
Sponsored