Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

GMRS Mic Mount V2

I have found that there is no double sided tape in existence that is capable of holding my mic onto the smooth part of the factory dash and didn't intend to try a third time. Also, I don't love the idea of the HVAC control panel having a gap to let in dust and moisture in order to use the bolt behind like many others have done with the same mounting area.

Instead, I spent a little more, but now I have some versatile components that I can adjust as I add more to my build.

1. Carolina Metal Masters JL/JLU Grab Bar Ball Mount (20mm)
  • Simple and durable construction allows for a variety of accessories to be added. I have seen several people mount iPads here, but I am not quite there yet.
  • 20mm ball matches the size of my other 67 Designs gear if I want to change it up.
Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1647734571654

2. 67 Designs Nano Arm
  • This is 67 Designs shortest arm and is just about the right length to get to where I previously had the mic installed.
  • Stuck with 67 Designs because I am still very happy with my dash rail.
Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1647736113365

3. Bulletpoint CB Radio Holder with 20mm Ball
  • 67 Designs does not make one of these and I had head good things about Bulletpoint.
  • Luckily, they also use a 20mm ball so things are 100% compatible and easy to change up if I want to mount my radio/mic elsewhere
  • Only con is that the radio doesn't snap/lock into place like with the Midland factory mount. So far no issues driving around town, but there is potential for the mic to bounce off while off-road.
Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1647737538532

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1647737566123

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1647737608268

Back to Index
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Baja Designs Squadron-R SAE Fog Pocket Kit -Amber

New favorite mod! Fast and easy install if you remove the bumper end caps and they are very easy to adjust once in place. They are extremely bright and I am loving the amber for heavy rain! My only complaint is that the beam pattern isn't as wide as the factory LED's, but I do believe they are brighter and the yellow is a noticeable improvement for reducing glare.

Also, not really a mod, but I am enjoying the removed bumper ends for the time being and do not have any intentions of putting them back on. It's nice to have a bit more clearance while making tight turns as well!

The pictures I have posted are prior to adjusting the height of the beams.

Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1648434530594

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1648434184273

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1648434260850

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1648434318880

Back to Index

Last edited:
OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Element Fire Extinguisher

Super quick and easy one! I discovered these almost two years ago now and it seems like a great alternative (or supplement) to your traditional fire extinguisher. Best part is they never expire, are lightweight, and compact so they are always ready to go and you can put one just about anywhere!

I found the best mounting location on a two door is on the center cross bar of the roll cage just behind the front seats. Both the driver and passenger can easily reach from a seated position. Another good spot might be on the inside of the tailgate. On the roll bar, there is a flat section behind the overhead light where I used the included clip, as well as additional one I purchased separately, with some double sided tape, stuck in on, and it's been there ever since.

So far, no issues with the clips falling off upon removal and it has been up for just over two weeks.

Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1649390865790

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1649390897280

Back to Index

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Baja Designs Squadron-R SAE Fog Pocket Kit -Amber

New favorite mod! Fast and easy install if you remove the bumper end caps and they are very easy to adjust once in place. They are extremely bright and I am loving the amber for heavy rain! My only complaint is that the beam pattern isn't as wide as the factory LED's, but I do believe they are brighter and the yellow is a noticeable improvement for reducing glare.

Also, not really a mod, but I am enjoying the removed bumper ends for the time being and do not have any intentions of putting them back on. It's nice to have a bit more clearance while making tight turns as well!

The pictures I have posted are prior to adjusting the height of the beams.

Purchase Link

Back to Index
I need a mopar front end, that looks great!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Desert Does It Adjustable Seat Jackers

Quick, simple, and worth every penny! Unfortunately, the adjustable version has recently been discontinued; however, you can still choose between the .75" and 1" blocks on their website, and they should have a more complete appearance.

I have had these installed for ~4,000 miles now and seat comfort is significantly better. Before installing these, I would be uncomfortable after 3 hours of driving. Shortly after installing these, I went on a ~2,500 mile road trip (40 hours) in a weekend with no discomfort past being sick of sitting down. I highly recommend these if you find the stock seating position to be too flat.

Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650770346772

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650770737679

Back to Index

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

ARB Twin Compressor and Grimm Mount

Went with this because there is not a good place to put it inside of a two door, and so far it's great! Extremely solid and easy install following the directions available through Grimm Offroad, or watch the video available through Northridge 4x4.

*Highly recommend buying spare fender clips before you attempt this!

Purchase Link

I broke 2 clips while pulling the fender initially, one came off perfectly, and the rest were easier to break and pull out than remove in one piece. If this is the first trim or panel you have removed with these plastic clips, don't worry, one hard tug and it comes right off with no damage.

After the fender was removed the install was extremely straight forward and easy. I routed my wiring harness over the top of the engine bay and to the battery, and aside from some minor sagging from engine heat, it looks factory and unnoticeable to most. The trickiest part was probably thinking through how I needed to flip the bracket for the windshield wiper fluid lines to get the Grimm mount for the switch and air chuck to lie flat, but it was also super easy to do and I’ve included a picture for reference.

Overall, I love this thing! Never had on board air before and now I'm not sure I could live without this or some sort of compressor. It's faster and easier than the pumps locate at most off-road parks as well!

Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650936476009

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650936702403

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650936732036

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650936793320

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650936998513

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650937364280

Back to Index

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Mopar Half Doors

This might be one of my favorite mods so far! Nothing you can't order from the factory, but unfortunately I didn't realize you could not order these through the dealer after the fact.

Luckily, I found a good deal on a set from a fellow forum member that had proximity keyless entry and blind spot monitors (although I do not have the rest of the required hardware) already installed and came with premium uppers! All that had to be done was repaint from Hydro Blue to Sarge Green.

Paint work was done at LRM Customs in Fort Worth and I cannot recommend the shop enough! Lance, the owner, has been transparent and fantastic to deal with.

Now for a brief review of the doors. I love everything about having half doors and the factory option is by far the best if you want uppers as well. I had a set of soft doors from Bestop for years on my JKU and they were flimsy, flapped in the wind at 45mph (causing one to break), and never provided a solid seal from the elements. The Mopar half doors have none of these issues!

After spending some time adjusting the upper portion of the doors to make sure I had the best fit, I took Stacy for a test drive on the highway during a severe wind advisory. I was driving through 20-40mph crosswinds and set my cruise at 75mph. The driver's side door flapped only once during a large gust, and if it weren't for the increased noise levels, I would not have known the difference from regular doors. I LOVE the increased freedom and flexibility these offer as well as the reduced weight!

For anyone on the fence ordering these with your new JL, I highly recommend getting them to give them a try. Someone will be willing to buy them if you decide you don't want them!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650950005090

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650950071743

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650950104183

Back to Index

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

McGard High Security Door Hinge Locks

This one is quick and easy and offers a little peace of mind. Yes, anyone with a T50 bit and a socket wrench could still steal me half doors, but now that's the only way, and they would have to leave at least one hinge behind!

My whole thought process behind these was that half doors are hard to come by, and anyone could unzip a window, open your door from the inside, and lift it off the hinges if they wanted to. Why not spend $20 to make it a bit more difficult? Made sense to me, and they're no harder to install or remove than the factory hinge bolts (if you have the key).

As an added bonus, they’re hardly noticeable!

Purchase Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 JLR Build Thread - Stacy 1650950728776

Back to Index

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Mopar Half Doors

This might be one of my favorite mods so far! Nothing you can't order from the factory, but unfortunately I didn't realize you could not order these through the dealer after the fact.

Luckily, I found a good deal on a set from a fellow forum member that had proximity keyless entry and blind spot monitors (although I do not have the rest of the required hardware) already installed and came with premium uppers! All that had to be done was repaint from Hydro Blue to Sarge Green.

Paint work was done at LRM Customs in Fort Worth and I cannot recommend the shop enough! Lance, the owner, has been transparent and fantastic to deal with.

Now for a brief review of the doors. I love everything about having half doors and the factory option is by far the best if you want uppers as well. I had a set of soft doors from Bestop for years on my JKU and they were flimsy, flapped in the wind at 45mph (causing one to break), and never provided a solid seal from the elements. The Mopar half doors have none of these issues!

After spending some time adjusting the upper portion of the doors to make sure I had the best fit, I took Stacy for a test drive on the highway during a severe wind advisory. I was driving through 20-40mph crosswinds and set my cruise at 75mph. The driver's side door flapped only once during a large gust, and if it weren't for the increased noise levels, I would not have known the difference from regular doors. I LOVE the increased freedom and flexibility these offer as well as the reduced weight!

For anyone on the fence ordering these with your new JL, I highly recommend getting them to give them a try. Someone will be willing to buy them if you decide you don't want them!

Back to Index
That is sick!!!
You have been busy!

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Couldn’t leave it alone! I’m trying with all my might not to jump to 35’s until these tires wear out… we’ll see how that goes!
Do like me and sell your 33's and find some good tread 315-70-17 C load from a raptor. It was a wash for me even with mounting and balancing.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Stumbled on your thread just now and got to the pics on the trail and was like, "Hey, wait a minute!" Glad to find your build thread - jealous of your documentation skillz...

Midland MXT275

I've not been wanting to do a permanent mount, cause I only use my handhelds ~once a month, but this is really clean. I know you moved the mount later. I've also been considering an overhead molle panel

Desert Does It Adjustable Seat Jackers

Quick, simple, and worth every penny! Unfortunately, the adjustable version has recently been discontinued; however, you can still choose between the .75" and 1" blocks on their website, and they should have a more complete appearance.

I have had these installed for ~4,000 miles now and seat comfort is significantly better.
I'm *really* interested in these. One of the main reasons I have a Wrangler and not another GM pickup is because the Wrangler was the only SUV I'd been in that "sits like a truck". That being said, at 6'1", the top edge of the dash is just slightly cut off and sometimes I have to duck to see stoplights. Even just 1" would be all I need, really.

I'm just concerned about doing these and then inadvertently eliminating that "sits like a truck" feeling. I sit in my wife's Lexus RX350 and just hate it.

Mopar Half Doors

You lucky bastard! If I'd seen these for sale first, I wouldn't even have had to get them painted!! They look soooo good.

OP
OP
Philly_

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Stumbled on your thread just now and got to the pics on the trail and was like, "Hey, wait a minute!" Glad to find your build thread - jealous of your documentation skillz...

I've not been wanting to do a permanent mount, cause I only use my handhelds ~once a month, but this is really clean. I know you moved the mount later. I've also been considering an overhead molle panel

I'm *really* interested in these. One of the main reasons I have a Wrangler and not another GM pickup is because the Wrangler was the only SUV I'd been in that "sits like a truck". That being said, at 6'1", the top edge of the dash is just slightly cut off and sometimes I have to duck to see stoplights. Even just 1" would be all I need, really.

I'm just concerned about doing these and then inadvertently eliminating that "sits like a truck" feeling. I sit in my wife's Lexus RX350 and just hate it.

You lucky bastard! If I'd seen these for sale first, I wouldn't even have had to get them painted!! They look soooo good.
Thanks! Yeah I loved my original GMRS mount solution, and it’s what I had set up when we hit Bridgeport together, but it has since fallen off twice so I gave up on it.

I couldn’t recommend the seat jackers enough! They have to be my favorite mod behind the half doors…

And speaking of half doors, I had to drive to West Virginia for them and it was off a two door so you would still need to find rears. Worth it if you ask me!

Still have a couple posts I need to write up too… Just empty ever pocket!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

And speaking of half doors, I had to drive to West Virginia for them and it was off a two door so you would still need to find rears. Worth it if you ask me!
That actually makes me feel much better, lol.
Sponsored