Sponsored

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...
AWESOME! Thanks for the info!!! (However You Got It .?.) My VIN is 699701.

I was just on jeep chat yesterday, they couldn't tell me my Status code (just like the last time I requested it, 2 weeks ago) but they said they have all the parts and it's ready for build, which is what I heard 2 weeks back as well.

My dealership informed me yesterday that it's still in D1 status. I have an estimated ship date of 26 April. So.... let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks Again for the good news, Desert Darlin :)
Mine went D1 today. Ship date of 5/1. 699852
Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
OK, Gave up on the daily tracking (kind of). Any way my build was completed on 4.7, most likely 4.6 but was informed of the completion status on 4.7 when I was told it was pending final inspection. It's ship date was 4.8. Obviously that's not going to happen, but now I feel stuck in inspection stage. I thought that was one of the quicker process. How long were some of you other guys in the inspection stage with your 392? I have one of the the 678... vins and it seemed it was going to be getting shipped in the second wave getting shipped out. For those who were given ship dates around 4.8, were any of you guys given later ship dates, and what are they. I know there are so many variables, I'm just getting frustrated as I cooled my heels for a while, got some great news, and now can't get shit for updated information.

-Congratulations to those who've received theirs, from what I've seen they are beyond worth the wait and price. I'm pretty sure Bob Barker him self would say, "The price is right!"

cmtaylo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 yugo
I have a ship date of 4/9 hoping it happens today but original ship date was 2/19 634189 vin been in storage over a month

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I have a ship date of 4/9 hoping it happens today but original ship date was 2/19 634189 vin been in storage over a month
Frustrating, I can only imagine. I know Alleycat392's was delayed like three times. At what point were you given your new ship date? Was it before or after they missed the ship date?

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Ordering my 392 tomorrow if I can finalize color. Originally when looking at a standard Rubicon I wanted s gray. Now with the bronze accents I am liking black. Got all the options sorted. The dealer has 3 on the way and will know tomorrow colors and options. If one of them is black and equipped to my liking I will reserve. If not it's an order. Exited but not in a big hurry to starting paying on it. 6 months?
[/QUOTE
Hey Matt, there has been a small handful of posts suggesting that as of today, dealers can no longer order 2021 392's, at least for now. I would ask your dealer to confirm if this is true or not before you pass on one of the 3 he has on the way. Could be a very long wait if you order.

Just a heads up,
Good luck either way!
Thanks. Just called and left a message. Going to stop by dealer on my way home.

Uppdate: Stopped by dealer and found that they got a bulletin that the Toledo plant is shutting down for 2 1/2 weeks due to component supply, chip shortage. All of the incoming 392's are already sold. I was able to order mine:clap:. Got the paperwork with VON and the bonus was originally they wanted a 5K Deposit but when we did the deal it was a 1K deposit. The wait begins but not in a hurry. This is my retirement present and still have a year to go. 40 years.:whew:

Last edited:

Sponsored

cmtaylo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 yugo
Frustrating, I can only imagine. I know Alleycat392's was delayed like three times. At what point were you given your new ship date? Was it before or after they missed the ship date?
I only got a new ship date two weeks ago,it still said 2/19 until 3/23

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I only got a new ship date two weeks ago,it still said 2/19 until 3/23
:angry: If I were in the customer car department for Jeep, I think I'd be pushing for custom orders to get shipped an advent calendar with six months on it. Every day when you'd open that little cardboard flap you'd find a valium and picture of different Jeep.

Last edited:

SandStorm4x4

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21Sarge 392, ‘15 Tank JKUR, ‘07 Resc.GreenJKUR
Thankfully my dealer here in Las Vegas had 12 allocations and selling them at MSRP, if they ever show up. Been in D status almost a month which seems to be the average. Hopefully D1 soon
really ? that’s awesome , glad to hear they’re not all jacking up the price

Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
Some bittersweet news, just spoke with my original dealer with the first 392 I ordered, and it arrived today. He wanted to double check that I was sure I wasn't interested before they sold it. Which was pretty cool of them.

And of course it sucks that knowing if I hadn't changed my mind about the Off-Road Camera and the Half-doors, I'd be picking her up today. :puke: But, cool nonetheless that it arrived already.

And before anyone asks, yes they did already have a buyer, so it is unfortunately spoken for.

(It was VIN # 634208 for anyone still tracking deliveries.)
what color and options was it?

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Well not sure it's progress or not but looks like I have moved to D1 today (700116), they say it will begin the build process "very soon"... Ordered it on 1/26 so about time... We shall see if they follow up with any more progress reports or if I am just stuck here in D1 for months... hurry up and wait... argh..

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler