Sponsored

2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
One question on people that financed there state sales tax into there loan. Does Gupton mail you a check for you to pay your states sales tax?

Tosucowboy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 wrangler sahara
I was on a tight schedule, so it had to wait until I got back home - same reason that I didn't try to find other folks' Jeeps. Sorry!

That said, there were plenty of Wranglers there, although perhaps not quite as many as when I was there in July. Interesting observations:

• If you want a Gobi, they have several Gobi Gladiators in stock on the lot.
  • Gupton doesn't put decals on the ordered Jeeps, but the ones in their dealer stock do get a little decal
  • If you missed the window for Reign, I was told that they ordered a few extra for dealer stock
  • Punk'n is expected to be available for the Gladiator in August of next year; unknown if it will extend to the Wrangler (but hopeful!)
  • If you want to be sure of getting K02 tires on your Rubicon, order the white letter tires. All of the white letter tires that I saw on Rubicons were K02s; black letters were split between the K02 and the Falkens. Of course, the Willys gets a different white letter tire (Firestone); Gladiators seemed to all get Falkens
  • Jeep does seem to be trying to deliver as many 4xe Jeeps as they can before the end of the year; a majority of the Wranglers that I saw were 4xe models
  • Gorilla Glass is not currently available, neither is the XR, and perhaps not one or both of the safety groups. No explanation for any of these, nor an expected return date (if there even is one) That said, my 4xe got the rear safety group that I had ordered
  • The towing harness that was briefly offered on the 2023 configurator never was available after all.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports EC4837D2-8170-4293-B6C7-DC483C406ED2
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports EC4837D2-8170-4293-B6C7-DC483C406ED2

As everyone has said before, Gupton is a great experience. They had me in and out in about 90 minutes, and it was only that long because I delayed the process by chatting with Renee and getting a spare oil filter from the parts dept. I haven't tried to do the math, but by the time you figure in the airfare, hotels, and 2200 miles of gas, I probably haven't saved all that much by buying from Gupton - but it's still worth it just for the no-nonsense way that they take care of their customers. If Punk'n really does become available again next year, I'll be back there again!
Nice shot of the Reign, that's what I ordered, glad to see the pic I saw was the same color

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
One question on people that financed their state sales tax into their loan. Does Gupton mail you a check for you to pay your state's sales tax?
Yup, they sure do. They fedex everything you need to get it registered. They even had the state form filled out already. I had already signed it when I was there picking it up, LOL. I hadn't realized it that's what the form was for.

They send all their stuff out every Monday or something. In my case, they sent me an email saying to keep an eye out for it.

In my case, I couldn't sign the check over to my county and that is my fault. But I was able to use my debit for the taxes and then we took a pic to deposit the check. Nothing to do with Gupton, but an oversight on my part. I should have deposited that check first!

One other thought though, if you have the cash, then there isn't any reason to roll it into your loan. I had the cash but didn't think about it, so now I will be paying interest on the taxes...

I also signed up for the warranty through MOPAR, I have a 4xe, and the consensus I read on this site recommends getting the extended warranty. That too was rolled into the loan, but I wish I had just paid out of pocket for it since I will be paying interest on that now too. So I am 0 for 2 on being smart with my financing!

Sponsored

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
did you pick it up yet? I’ll find it tomorrow morning for a pic if you’d like?
I haven't picked it up yet. Probably another week before I can fly in. A pic would be awesome! Thanks!

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports IMG_9381

1 more sleep until delivery to Gupton!!!
I ordered from another TN dealer, mine is built, shipped, and has the same arrival date. Hopefully the train has safe travels!

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
How was your pricing compared to Gupton?
Not sure what Gupton discounts are, but I got 6 percent below invoice.
Sponsored