2 door ver. 4 door

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I remember when the JK’s first came out and most of the guys were still running TJ’s and YJ’s. My first thought was no way those long 4drs will fit on our extremely tight trails. Within a couple of years I realized the trails evolved to fit the bigger Jeeps. There are hardly any tight trails left now and I’ve never been in a run where having a four door limited where you could go.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I had a 4dr JK and was always envious of the 2dr. Then bought a 2dr JL and will never go back! Personal preference but if you need to haul that many people they wont enjoy being in the back either way. Ditched the back seat day 1. Proportions on the 2dr just look right and the 4 door looks like its just stretched out trying to sell to a market that wouldn't normal buy a jeep (because thats what it is)
C87FCC2E-1B97-4D06-A3D6-4B9C4DFCB4DD.jpeg
Our jlur is jeep number 10, including multiple 2 doors, but I'm sure we only bought this one because it was marketed to those who wouldn't normally buy a jeep? 2 door guys rave about their maneuverability of a 2 seater because the back seat is useless, ever seen how maneuverable a dirt bike is? A 2 seat rzr or can am? Every trail I've ever been on in the last 10 years has more 4 doors than 2 doors, from the rubicon, to the Dusy, jon bull, poison spider, and even Pritchett canyon. I've seen countless 2 doors flop or go over backwards on obstacles that everything from xj's to jku and jlu's walk right up. There's a reason why stretches and comp cuts were super popular before the lj, jku, and jlu came out and it was 100% big, steep obstacle driven, not for the interior space.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
You sound mad...all personal opinion on a thread that asked for it. its ok I’ll still wave at you 😎
Not at all, but when your opinion is that only non-jeepers buy 4 doors you're just wrong period. Not only will I still wave, if you do flop your jeep on a tough climb I'll help you get it shiny side up again🤣.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Proportions on the 2dr just look right and the 4 door looks like its just stretched out
This is how I feel about the Bronco! The 2dr is gorgeous while the 4dr just looks weird

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
This is how I feel about the Bronco! The 2dr is gorgeous while the 4dr just looks weird
That's the way I feel about it too, one looks just right and the other just wrong :(

Don't feel that way about 4dr Jeeps though, Since owning our 2 CJs back in the day, and a complete POS 73 Blazer, I've always just been a 2dr four wheeler. I do like the 4drs, just never needed one and never will. @Spdu4ia didn't take our back seat out from day one, but did so about 6 months ago, and I have a feeling it'll stay in the shed.

If you own any Jeep live axle 4x4 just Rock-on, they're all good!

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
If you plan on doing 6 foot or higher steps greater than 45º the 4 door with 35s does those nicely. I've seen this. The two door will require strapping to avoid side slipping and a roll over:( The JT also handles such steps with 37s, better with 40s and you can carry your own rock pile or ramps to handle really steep approaches; I've seen this too. The 2 door overall is more fun to drive if you can accept a little humility on trails with tall step obstacles. The 2 door can maneuver between and around rocks and trees better than the longer wheel bases. The ideal 2 door wheel base is found only in CJ7s and the later LJs. Of course, Wrangler never sticks with the ideal wheel bases. In all my wheeling, the wheel bases of built and stiffened XJs and Grand Cherokees are the best at handling tall steps while still having great break over angles. Their only shortcoming is no topless option; however, removable tube doors are a common after market option available for the Cherokees. Wheel on.

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
If you also use this as your daily driver keep in mind that the 2 door's are pretty squirrely on the highway. If you are planning to lift it the 4 doors will be fine on trails. As for the engine. I just bought a 2021 80th Anniversary JLU with the v6 and love it. I also pull a boat. When it comes to towing there is no replacement for engine displacement. I go to my cabin about 90 miles away and have a lead foot. I usually drive 90 and it handles like a dream

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I hear that if you fold the back seats down in a 2-door, the jeep is basically a Suburban.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I don’t rock crawl....but I use my 2 dr Rubicon for hunting. The tight turning radius allows me to get around trees and through most NO “road or trail” areas without having to cut or damage trees. If I wasn’t navigating through the woods. I would have a 4 dr. That said; I love my 2 dr, 6 spd manual trans, Rubicon. NO regrets....it goes everywhere I point it without me having to worry about getting stuck. It’s absolutely is great !

D64845EE-FCAC-4398-A6CA-7A533D121793.jpeg

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
If you need more carrying space than your Jeep has room for.....get a small utility trailer. My trailer has put my pick up truck out of business......and... It is parked next to my house when it’s needed..... I don’t have to buy a 4 door for “extra space”. I have a corvette....because it’s Mine ! Not hers, not the family car...mine ! I have a 2 dr Jeep for the same reason...it’s not the family vehicle....it’s mine. I don’t have to compromise. Buy what makes YOU happy!

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I was the exact same way about the Bronco... Had a reservation on a 2dr but cancelled it (will never pre-order another Ford vehicle) and got a JLU instead. But of some reason I like the look for the 4dr Jeep better than the 2dr

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you also use this as your daily driver keep in mind that the 2 door's are pretty squirrely on the highway. If you are planning to lift it the 4 doors will be fine on trails. As for the engine. I just bought a 2021 80th Anniversary JLU with the v6 and love it. I also pull a boat. When it comes to towing there is no replacement for engine displacement. I go to my cabin about 90 miles away and have a lead foot. I usually drive 90 and it handles like a dream
With the longer Mopar lift LCAs and the new cast iron steering box mine is great on the hwy, not squirrely at all, unless you add in heavy cross winds, then all bets are off!
Sponsored