First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The turn radius is only slightly smaller if you wheel tight trails.
Slightly? The 2 door can do a 6'2" tighter u-turn. Think about how many times having an over 6' tighter turn will save you from a 3 point turn, which can get you stuck, or in a wreck. I hadn't even thought about there being a better turning radius until I started driving a 2 door and was like "holy crap, this is awesome". It's amazing both on and off road when you have to cut a sharp left/right for an object/obstacle, or simply turning around on road, or hell, just navigating a parking lot and cutting a tight left/right in/out of a spot, it's always noticeable and very nice to have.

I'm not claiming "2 door is better", there's no bad choice here, IMO. I bought what I wanted and works perfectly for me. The first thing I did with both of my 2-door Jeeps (Sport S and Rubicon) was drive them home and immediately pop out the back seat (quick release) to put into storage and never use again. I don't drive guests around, just my dogs. I have zero need for 2 more doors. I appreciate the way the 2 door looks, drives (I love the twitchiness), its better center clearance angle, the more head room in my garage for trash bins and my TopLiftPro. I also love the WAY easier parallel parking (due to length and turn radius), and the little bonuses of better performance, MPGs, price, and smaller top/2 less doors making it even easier to go naked.

If you have people to haul, prefer the way the 4-door drives or looks, need the longer wheel base for items you carry, ect ect, enjoy your 4-door! But don't try and twist the facts to justify your purchase, this is just silly... "slightly" smaller turn radius lol, maybe if it were less than 1', not over 6'.

The only things I'm jealous of with the 4-door is the subwoofer in the side vs floor and the engine options. Even though I'd likely stay with the V6, I'd at least like the options to consider.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door ver. 4 door 1
Sponsored

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Slightly? The 2 door can do a 6'2" tighter u-turn. Think about how many times having an over 6' tighter turn will save you from a 3 point turn, which can get you stuck, or in a wreck. I hadn't even thought about there being a better turning radius until I started driving a 2 door and was like "holy crap, this is awesome". It's amazing both on and off road when you have to cut a sharp left/right for an object/obstacle, or simply turning around on road, or hell, just navigating a parking lot and cutting a tight left/right in/out of a spot, it's always noticeable and very nice to have.

I'm not claiming "2 door is better", there's no bad choice here, IMO. I bought what I wanted and works perfectly for me. The first thing I did with both of my 2-door Jeeps (Sport S and Rubicon) was drive them home and immediately pop out the back seat (quick release) to put into storage and never use again. I don't drive guests around, just my dogs. I have zero need for 2 more doors. I appreciate the way the 2 door looks, drives (I love the twitchiness), its better center clearance angle, the more head room in my garage for trash bins and my TopLiftPro. I also love the WAY easier parallel parking (due to length and turn radius), and the little bonuses of better performance, MPGs, price, and smaller top/2 less doors making it even easier to go naked.

If you have people to haul, prefer the way the 4-door drives or looks, need the longer wheel base for items you carry, ect ect, enjoy your 4-door! But don't try and twist the facts to justify your purchase, this is just silly... "slightly" smaller turn radius lol, maybe if it were less than 1', not over 6'.

The only things I'm jealous of with the 4-door is the subwoofer in the side vs floor and the engine options. Even though I'd likely stay with the V6, I'd at least like the options to consider.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door ver. 4 door 1
That is the best looking 2 door JL I have seen. The sliders and wheels look they they were made with it as a package. Good work! What lift is that?

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW i3 REX, 2019 Wrangler Sport
But don't try and twist the facts to justify your purchase, this is just silly... "slightly" smaller turn radius lol, maybe if it were less than 1', not over 6'.
I have to chime in and say that even a 1 foot difference can be noticed in practical application. I had to look up the numbers because my 2 door couldn't do a U-turn on the same narrow road my BMW i3 could. Specs shown a difference of 1 foot. 6 feet would be wildly noticeable.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I have to chime in and say that even a 1 foot difference can be noticed in practical application. I had to look up the numbers because my 2 door couldn't do a U-turn on the same narrow road my BMW i3 could. Specs shown a difference of 1 foot. 6 feet would be wildly noticeable.
The turning radius is very noticeable, but after all it is a jeep, I'll drive over the curb or center median if I really need to make a u-turn. How often are you guys lost that u-turns factor in to your vehicle purchases anyway? Short wheelbase wins on maneuverability and breakover angle all day long. The 4 door wins on stability and smoothness both on road and off. As one 2 door owner posted above, he loves the "twitcheness", clearly doesn't wheel in the open desert. 50 across the desert in a 2 door feels like 90+ in a 4 door. In my opinion the LJ was the best of both worlds for tight trails, steep climbs, and stability at speed. Being that the only options now are either too long or too short, for our use we chose too long as the drawbacks are much easier to live with for us. Some upgraded skids and 37's have more than made up for the breakover angle. I'd rather drag the belly over an obstacle than tip off of it any day.

Last edited:

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW i3 REX, 2019 Wrangler Sport
The turning radius is very noticeable, but after all it is a jeep, I'll drive over the curb or center median if I really need to make a u-turn. How often are you guys lost that u-turns factor in to your vehicle purchases anyway? Short wheelbase wins on maneuverability and breakover angle all day long. The 4 door wins on stability and smoothness both on road and off. As one 2 door owner posted above, he loves the "twitcheness", clearly doesn't wheel in the open desert.
I'm don't think anyone took the stance of saying the turning radius itself drove their purchase decision. It was that 6 feet different is indeed a noticeable difference, just highlighting information for people to make the decision that's right for them.
I personally do a quick 180 after picking up my mail each day from the community mailbox more than I'm doing 50 in the desert. My Jeep needs to get out more.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Never was a fan of the 4 door look, never will be.
Grew up on overseas U.S. military bases (dad was a career soldier) my entire childhood through H.S., and into my first two years of college... I suppose for that reason, there’s only one Jeep for me - the original 2 door.
YMMV/cheers all,
B

Sponsored

I'm Negan

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl, M4
Get the 4 door, it looks way better!
Unlike the TJ, the JL looks odd in 2 door.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Never was a fan of the 4 door look, never will be.
Grew up on overseas U.S. military bases (dad was a career soldier) my entire childhood through H.S., and into my first two years of college... I suppose for that reason, there’s only one Jeep for me - the original 2 door.
YMMV/cheers all,
B
That's funny, because growing up in the military, my 7 slot experiences were always 4 doors, so 2 doors looked inferior and cheap to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door ver. 4 door 1612110452178

It wasn't until they forced MRAPs on us that we finally got 2 door off-roaders

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
There's plenty of Rubicons on the site w/ more aftermarket parts and more "pop", but this in my mind is perfection, everything done in perfect cohesion and w/ purpose. Huge hats-off for this one!

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I need the space of the 4 door (dogs and hauling stuff), but wish I didn't. I love the look of the 2 door.
When the four-door JK wrangler first debuted the first thing people say was oh that’s a Hummer

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
I had a 4dr JK and was always envious of the 2dr. Then bought a 2dr JL and will never go back! Personal preference but if you need to haul that many people they wont enjoy being in the back either way. Ditched the back seat day 1. Proportions on the 2dr just look right and the 4 door looks like its just stretched out trying to sell to a market that wouldn't normal buy a jeep (because thats what it is)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door ver. 4 door C87FCC2E-1B97-4D06-A3D6-4B9C4DFCB4DD
Sponsored