Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Just going to mention some of the fruit of my musings as of late, re: "Ottawa"

If one looks at the tracking spreadsheet, a common location status for a JB (or KZ?) build is "OTTAWA" with city/state listed as Toledo, OH.

There are two common explanations of this status floating around the forum:
1) Your Jeep has been shipped to Canada for some reason (not likely)
2) Your Jeep is now at the Ottawa Lake facility, some 350 miles away from the Toledo North facility. Odd; why would Jeep truck vehicles hither and yon, especially when trucks are (reportedly) in short supply?

There is a third option that I believe is correct: Immediately west of the Jeep Plant (across Stickney Ave) is a parking/storage lot. To the west of this lot is the Ottawa River. One could easily see how a lot next to the Ottawa River could be code-named "OTTAWA". I think that the Jeeps are being moved to this adjacent facility for staging before being sent along their way. This is backed up by the presence of a dedicated causeway/bridge over Stickney Ave connecting the lot to the main Jeep facility. Additionally, there is a staging area for loading car carriers at the southern end of the lot - Ottawa JLs are typically shipped by truck (correct me if I'm wrong).

Ultimately, unless we get an insider at FCA to explain, we'll never know for sure. But just something I was thinking about with all this time without my JL...
Capture.PNG
Sponsored

Blammmo_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr Rubicon
Well, I checked my status this morning with Jeep chat and still in D1 anyway, glad there wasn’t any movement backwards :fingerscrossed:
Hopefully things move forward soon, I’m sure the Feds will be jacking interest rates again in the near future.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Just going to mention some of the fruit of my musings as of late, re: "Ottawa"

If one looks at the tracking spreadsheet, a common location status for a JB (or KZ?) build is "OTTAWA" with city/state listed as Toledo, OH.

There are two common explanations of this status floating around the forum:
1) Your Jeep has been shipped to Canada for some reason (not likely)
2) Your Jeep is now at the Ottawa Lake facility, some 350 miles away from the Toledo North facility. Odd; why would Jeep truck vehicles hither and yon, especially when trucks are (reportedly) in short supply?

There is a third option that I believe is correct: Immediately west of the Jeep Plant (across Stickney Ave) is a parking/storage lot. To the west of this lot is the Ottawa River. One could easily see how a lot next to the Ottawa River could be code-named "OTTAWA". I think that the Jeeps are being moved to this adjacent facility for staging before being sent along their way. This is backed up by the presence of a dedicated causeway/bridge over Stickney Ave connecting the lot to the main Jeep facility. Additionally, there is a staging area for loading car carriers at the southern end of the lot - Ottawa JLs are typically shipped by truck (correct me if I'm wrong).

Ultimately, unless we get an insider at FCA to explain, we'll never know for sure. But just something I was thinking about with all this time without my JL...
Capture.PNG
can somebody expedite CEDXC2005 his jeep? he has been waiting since 2005, and his perfect mind has 1000 more theories more elaborate than this one, so please, get him his 2 door so he can relax a little bit? lol. great sleuthing cedx. you win a 2 door jeep wrangler in firecracker red

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have been following the JL on this forum since last November. I am waiting for the 2 door. Read about delays. There is speculation the delays might be related to quality and safety issues in regards to the frames. This is my first post so some people will assume troll. Don't shoot the messenger... Here is a link that talks about the possibility of frame issues.

https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/jl-wrangler-frame-issues.171395/

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Still think the overwhelming amount of JKs sitting on dealer lots is to blame for the halt in the JL production. It just make pure business sense to delay it and clear the lots before you flood the lots with the new model. I’m in RI and all dealer lots in MA and RI have more JKs on them rotting away costing them money to keep them there.
I agree with this theory but aren't there just as many if not more JKUs on dealer lots, therefore holding off 2 door release in the hopes to sell of the JK stock seems to hold less weight correct?

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I have been following the JL on this forum since last November. I am waiting for the 2 door. Read about delays. There is speculation the delays might be related to quality and safety issues in regards to the frames. This is my first post so some people will assume troll. Don't shoot the messenger... Here is a link that talks about the possibility of frame issues.

https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/jl-wrangler-frame-issues.171395/
I have no knowledge on whether this is a systemic issue or its scale. However, I have trouble understanding why this would result in delays to launching 2drs since the discovered problems all regard Unlimiteds. If the problem exists, and has not been resolved, why do they continue to build JL's at all? If it has been resolved, why hold off on 2drs?

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
I agree with this theory but aren't there just as many if not more JKUs on dealer lots, therefore holding off 2 door release in the hopes to sell of the JK stock seems to hold less weight correct?
Not everyone is a die hard 2 door jeep fan. Plenty of everyday people will walk into a dealer looking for one thing and be up sold by a salesman to the 4 door . Both dealers and jeep know this.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
cryptostickers just added another legitimate 2 door to the build sheets. The "building a few a day" may be true.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have no knowledge on whether this is a systemic issue or its scale. However, I have trouble understanding why this would result in delays to launching 2drs since the discovered problems all regard Unlimiteds. If the problem exists, and has not been resolved, why do they continue to build JL's at all? If it has been resolved, why hold off on 2drs?
You bring up valid points. There are definitely JLU in the wild with poor quality welds. I read about one here on the forum. Only FCA has an idea of how many and how bad the quality issues are. Car companies are known to continue production and recall after the cars are sold. Personally I think FCA wants the 2 doors delivered to customers as much as customers want them. Hopefully the delays are resolved sooner than later.

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Well, I checked my status this morning with Jeep chat and still in D1 anyway, glad there wasn’t any movement backwards :fingerscrossed:
Hopefully things move forward soon, I’m sure the Feds will be jacking interest rates again in the near future.
I checked again and I got moved backwards back into D

Sponsored

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
FYI.... In G status as of an hour ago.

2 Door Rubicon, soft top, 2.0L, steel bumpers, LED lights
Im happy for you dont get me wrong, but this is one of the things that really pisses me off. Originally I wanted the 2.0L engine, but when i ordered i was actually in a bit of a hurry since I dont currently have a car, and i didnt want to wait the extra time for the 2.0L. Fast forward 3 f*#$* months, I still dont have a car, 2.0L gets built before my order, which is still in D status.

Im sticking to my order since i feel like ive invested so much time in this wait already, but unless this wrangler makes me feel like im driving on clouds I seriously doubt that im ever buying a Jeep again. Many people here seem to be fine to be treating like this by Jeep/FCA, but my money is going elsewhere for my next car.

Gonzo RR

First Name
Gonzalo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL, 2008 Audi Q7, 2015 Chevy Malibu
Make that two then...I've been in JB since 4/17.

Whether they're actively building them now or not, I don't know. But, if JLWF DG's spreadsheet is accurate enough, I assume that they have built mine.
Hey there,
I basically have the same order as you! 2doorJL manual 3.6L Hard top Red, anti-slip, alpine, tech pkg, cold pkg, tow hitch, running boards.
I ordered DEC 26 and i'm still on D1 AS OF TODAY = (
Will you please post pictures when you take delivery?

Thanks!

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. Looks like my wish may be coming true faster than I thought. My dealer just emailed me an updated printout of my build sheet which has the status upgraded to “D - Firm schedule serial number is assigned”. I’m working on getting the scheduled build week and VIN from my dealer now. Time to call your dealer. Given that you are a month ahead of me in the queue, you should at least be at the same stage.
Don't get too excited as my Jeep D status has been that way for over 6 weeks.. Good luck. Go get a cup coffee.
Sponsored