OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Still think the overwhelming amount of JKs sitting on dealer lots is to blame for the halt in the JL production. It just make pure business sense to delay it and clear the lots before you flood the lots with the new model. I’m in RI and all dealer lots in MA and RI have more JKs on them rotting away costing them money to keep them there.
No one is reporting a halt in JL production, only that the line is once again exclusively producing Unlimiteds. Jeep set a sales record for Wranglers last month so every indication is that they’re going to continue pumping out JLs as fast as they can. The 2dr delay is either related to suppliers or operational/quality problems in adding the new model to the existing line. My money is on the latter.
Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Still think the overwhelming amount of JKs sitting on dealer lots is to blame for the halt in the JL production. It just make pure business sense to delay it and clear the lots before you flood the lots with the new model. I’m in RI and all dealer lots in MA and RI have more JKs on them rotting away costing them money to keep them there.
I've seen the same thing in jersey, I agree 100%

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Looks can be deceiving. Wrangler sales are up 63% over last year, which is massive. March sales are 23% higher than the all time record for Wrangler sales in 2015. This is for JKs and JLs.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2018/0...sales-record-in-march-2018-crushing-old-mark/
You can quote all the statistics you want, but every dealer I'm stop by has 2-3 dozen jks on the lot.The fact that a dealer just offered to take 9 grand off a jk Rubicon for me is all the proof I need to know that jeep is stuck with more jks then they want.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can quote all the statistics you want, but every dealer I'm stop by has 2-3 dozen jks on the lot.The fact that a dealer just offered to take 9 grand off a jk Rubicon for me is all the proof I need to know that jeep is stuck with more jks then they want.
Jeep originally scheduled shutdown of the JK line for March 31 but only recently extended it to next week. Seems odd for a product that is not selling. However, that’s not the point. You’re agreeing with the statement that 2drs are again delayed because there are too many unsold JKs. How does that work when the vast majority of JKs are Unlimiteds? Not to mention the fact FCA stated that the majority of 2drs scheduled for initial production are sold orders.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Jeep originally scheduled shutdown of the JK line for March 31 but only recently extended it to next week. Seems odd for a product that is not selling. However, that’s not the point. You’re agreeing with the statement that 2drs are again delayed because there are too many unsold JKs. How does that work when the vast majority of JKs are Unlimiteds? Not to mention the fact FCA stated that the majority of 2drs scheduled for initial production are sold orders.
The ones I’m seeing on dealer lots are the 2dr JKs. I’m talking about dozens of them just sitting there unsold, that’s a huge issue.
I suggest the rest of you in the different states that you are in take a look for yourselves. The 2dr JL is being purposely delayed because of this I have zero doubt about it.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
How can you lose your discounts? Didn't you sign a contract to buy?
And WE'RE a bunch of cucks!!! You must be positive to this thread please.
Well I lost 500 cause my golden ticket expired.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
First of all what's your proof jks are extended till next week? You throw out a statistic saying jeep sales are up 63% over last year which is completely ridiculous considering its only April , and the jks are only being produced for a half model year, So basically you would be saying jeep.sales are up over 126%, which is beyond ridiculous . Statistics mean nothing without explaining the parameters around them to give them true meaning.

Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
The ones I’m seeing on dealer lots are the 2dr JKs. I’m talking about dozens of them just sitting there unsold, that’s a huge issue.
I suggest the rest of you in the different states that you are in take a look for yourselves. The 2dr JL is being purposely delayed because of this I have zero doubt about it.
Not around these parts. Dealer I am buying from has 47 JK’s, 6 of those 2 door, and 39 JL’s. Another has 40 JK, 6 2 door, and 25 JL.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Not around these parts. Dealer I am buying from has 47 JK’s, 6 of those 2 door, and 39 JL’s. Another has 40 JK, 6 2 door, and 25 JL.
What state? This could be interesting if we can all get an unbiased census on what we are seeing at multiple dealerships in our respective states.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
What state? This could be interesting if we can all get an unbiased census on what we are seeing at multiple dealerships in our respective states.
Texas, where it’s pretty much required you own a big truck or Jeep :p