2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Just got back from my dealership. I was looking to buy a used two door to "hold me over" while I wait for my JL. Nothing in stock. And more not so good news. They said they never saw this before, but I am back in D status! I also had a ship date of April 27. Not going to be even close. So with all my efforts exhausted I guess we are all at the mercy of FCA and back in the seemingly never ending waiting game!
What was your status before it went back to D?
Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
I think the best thing to do is sit back for the long wait. Me, I’ll start planning for next summer. So I will have the 2 door for Christmas (Merry Christmas to me!). If I think that way, anything sooner will be a bonus. I’ll plan for Moab at Easter next year. All of us who are long suffering through all this will get our wranglers in the end! Let’s not hang on days or weeks, but just be patient.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
for what its worth, one of the dealers i shopped at when pricing jeeps keeps calling me. They know i was interested in a 2 dr rubicon, They called me to say they have great deals on in stock wranglers. Told the rep im only want a two door rubicon. She emails me the window sticker for a jk rubicon. I tell her its way to much "44000.00" . Tell her i have a jl in order for 35000.00. She says my manger is very motivated and she'll match the price. i say thank you , but I really want the jl. Thats when she says " they are not making the 2 dr jls till the end of may. I said i know, but im going to wait anyway.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
I am sticking with the story given by our “reddit” guy that the suppliers can’t keep up with JK and JL production. JK stops Friday (per him), then 2 door production can ramp to a much higher number. One would also assume that railcars and trucks will be much more available as well.

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
That is a helluva deal, though!
yeah , but number one i dont want automatic., the jl rubi comes standard with the power package , i dont want or need the dual top package, and the jl rubi is coming with the new thicker dana axles .

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Ok everybody, let's try to stay positive. Our Jeeps will be built eventually. I look at it as a positive thing that as of today, my order is still in D1 with a 4-26 build/ship date, which is a week past my original date of 4-19. I would venture to guess that anyone who had a build/ship date that falls in the coming week, that your date has probably been pushed back a week as well. If these dates are pushed back even further, so be it. I have been waiting for a Wrangler for years, so the delay, while not pleasant, is bearable. Throwing a tantrum and bashing Jeep Customer Service or FCA is not helping anything. At this point you haven't bought anything. You left a deposit which you can probably get back. If you are so unhappy, why put yourselves through such agony when you can just walk away.
The tracking spreadsheet was last updated last night. Still shows me in D1 as well. But today my dealer checked and I am back in D though have a ship date of 4.27. We will have to check the next update on the spreadsheet. No way to be sure what is going on, or what to believe anymore.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Still think the overwhelming amount of JKs sitting on dealer lots is to blame for the halt in the JL production. It just make pure business sense to delay it and clear the lots before you flood the lots with the new model. I’m in RI and all dealer lots in MA and RI have more JKs on them rotting away costing them money to keep them there.

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
This is exactly what we all need. Staying positive and posting happier thoughts of our
JL to be. This is a nice group we have here and we do not need to be negative or bad
mouthing anything or anyone. There are other Threads where you can go to do that.
I for myself enjoy our discussions and all of you make good points of what we need
to know. Let's keep up the good work.
I agree, I was telling my dealer today how we are posting pictures of our builds from the Jeep website as we have no Jeeps of our own yet. I also said it will be looked at as "kind of fun" when we can look back on it. All we can do is make the best of it, try to have fun and stay positive! It is a great group and Sweet water, I am hoping your JL comes in Friday!

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Ok everybody, let's try to stay positive. Our Jeeps will be built eventually. I look at it as a positive thing that as of today, my order is still in D1 with a 4-26 build/ship date, which is a week past my original date of 4-19. I would venture to guess that anyone who had a build/ship date that falls in the coming week, that your date has probably been pushed back a week as well. If these dates are pushed back even further, so be it. I have been waiting for a Wrangler for years, so the delay, while not pleasant, is bearable. Throwing a tantrum and bashing Jeep Customer Service or FCA is not helping anything. At this point you haven't bought anything. You left a deposit which you can probably get back. If you are so unhappy, why put yourselves through such agony when you can just walk away.
Ya, think of it this way your Jeep is not being "rushed through", if things are slow for a bit then they have more time to run some inspections and whatever. A slow ramp is really a godsend for manufacturing teams to work out kinks. It sucks for us to wait.

Gotta say, last time I waited for something I wanted this bad I was a little kid looking in the "Sear's Wish-book" and waiting for Christmas. For you younger people that was a catalog, which is kind of like a paper version of amazon, and all kid toys :O