2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
What state? This could be interesting if we can all get an unbiased census on what we are seeing at multiple dealerships in our respective states.
39 jls is a lot , ive visited over A dozen jeep dealers in the nyc metro area and the most jls ive seen is 10-12 with most dealers having around 6-8
Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
First of all what's your proof jks are extended till next week?
The Toledo North management employee posting on Reddit as Drillionaire stated two days ago "Last I heard they were going to ramp the builds up once JK shuts down April 27th."

You throw out a statistic saying jeep sales are up 63% over last year which is completely ridiculous considering its only April , and the jks are only being produced for a half model year,
I gave you a link. Read it.

So basically you would be saying jeep.sales are up over 126%, which is beyond ridiculous.
I never said that and neither does the article.

Statistics mean nothing without explaining the parameters around them to give them true meaning.
As opposed to the deep meaning in your anecdotal observations.

Again, this is all beside the point since you ignored the question I posed to you. You're the one saying unsold JK's are the reason behind the most recent delay of 2dr production. Just how does that work? It's conclusive that 2dr production did start two weeks ago and there are unconfirmed reports that this has subsequently been shut down. Are you saying that FCA only realized they had too many JKs last week?

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
39 jls is a lot , ive visited over A dozen jeep dealers in the nyc metro area and the most jls ive seen is 10-12 with most dealers having around 6-8
Yeah and thing is there are like 2-3 other dealers in the Austin area with similar numbers.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
The Toledo North management employee posting on Reddit as Drillionaire stated two days ago "Last I heard they were going to ramp the builds up once JK shuts down April 27th."

I gave you a link. Read it.

I never said that and neither does the article.

As opposed to the deep meaning in your anecdotal observations.

Again, this is all beside the point since you ignored the question I posed to you. You're the one saying unsold JK's are the reason behind the most recent delay of 2dr production. Just how does that work? It's conclusive that 2dr production did start two weeks ago and there are unconfirmed reports that this has subsequently been shut down. Are you saying that FCA only realized they had too many JKs last week?
First of all of course you have to jump onto my post any argue with me for no reason just like you did last time.
And believing What some guy posted on redit is your second problem I have no reason to believe that post or the bullshit link you posted which obviously. You didn't. Read because That article doesn't explain. Its statistics Either, And you did say jeep sales are up 126% for the year when you say they are up 63% for half a year its easy math you multiply by 2 you got that? And when I see 3 dozen jks sitting on a dealer lot I don't need a internet article to tell me they are not moving.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Piss poor management that's why

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First of all of course you have to jump onto my post any argue with me for no reason just like you did last time.
And believing What some guy posted on redit is your second problem I have no reason to believe that post or the bullshit link you posted which obviously. You didn't. Read because That article doesn't explain. Its statistics Either, And you did say jeep sales are up 126% for the year when you say they are up 63% for half a year its easy math you multiply by 2 you got that? And when I see 3 dozen jks sitting on a dealer lot I don't need a internet article to tell me they are not moving.
You made an assertion without fact, that yes, I disagreed with. I don't think I broke any forum rules in challenging it and posting backup. If you don't like the one article I linked to, here's a whole bunch:

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C...1.64.psy-ab..0.5.511...33i160k1.0.3x6tawPBWdU

The rest of your post I can't unpack other than I again point out you've never addressed the fundamental question at the heart of this whole discussion. How are the recent delays on JL 2dr production related to unsold JK's?

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
You made an assertion without fact, that yes, I disagreed with. I don't think I broke any forum rules in challenging it and posting backup. If you don't like the one article I linked to, here's a whole bunch:

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C...1.64.psy-ab..0.5.511...33i160k1.0.3x6tawPBWdU

The rest of your post I can't unpack other than I again point out you've never addressed the fundamental question at the heart of this whole discussion. How are the recent delays on JL 2dr production related to unsold JK's?

I didn't make assertion without facts , my facts are dozens of jks sitting on dealer lots , and all businesses halt production when their product isn't selling that's economics 101 supply and demand. And you didn't violate forum rules just commonly accepted internet protocols not to be a troll just looking to stir the shit.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't make assertion without facts , my facts are dozens of jks sitting on dealer lots , and all businesses halt production when their product isn't selling that's economics 101 supply and demand. And you didn't violate forum rules just commonly accepted internet protocols not to be a troll just looking to stir the shit.
I'll drop out because I acknowledge this is going nowhere. I didn't troll the group. I only addressed you personally three times to explain your assertion which you have never done.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
I'll drop out because I acknowledge this is going nowhere. I didn't troll the group. I only addressed you personally three times to explain your assertion which you have never done.
It's not a drop out when you keep yapping your bullshit.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Sooooooo..... Any truth to the rumor that Jeep is building 2 door JL’s?

Sponsored

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Sooooooo..... Any truth to the rumor that Jeep is building 2 door JL’s?
I do know they built 1----- MINE!!! :fingerscrossed:
Make that two then...I've been in JB since 4/17.

Whether they're actively building them now or not, I don't know. But, if JLWF DG's spreadsheet is accurate enough, I assume that they have built mine.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I hope FCA is cranking out 100s if not 1000s of 2drs per day, BUT I look forward to seeing pictures of production 2drs delivered to forum members for confirmation and "happiness."
Something tells me there will be lots of pictures. Hopefully starting with Sweet water this Friday!

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Well that would be nice to see
Sponsored