Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

LUDACRIS

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ-R IMPACT ORANGE, 2000 CHEROKEE, 1996 CHEROKEE and JUST ORDERED A JL-R (still on order but ordered a JLRU that has already came in and I am enjoying)(JEEP WISE- MANY OTHER TOYS)
Well I am ok with waiting buuuuuut just in case I get too impatient I went ahead and ordered the same build in a 4 door also. So hopefully they do not come in at the same time :facepalm:

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Don't get too excited as my Jeep D status has been that way for over 6 weeks.. Good luck. Go get a cup coffee.
Okaaayyy.... I wrote the post you quoted exactly 14 weeks ago back when I started this thread. It was post #5 under this topic where I'm now writing post #2456. It's looks like you have a fair bit of reading in front of you if you're starting from the first page.

My exuberance in that post has long since dissipated. I've had 11 weeks in D status with one brief upgrade to D1 in February that was revoked within days. Moved up to D1 again on April 9, and as of today, I'm still there. Still trying to figure out from all of the rumours if I'm any closer to a build.

Last edited:

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Well I am ok with waiting buuuuuut just in case I get too impatient I went ahead and ordered the same build in a 4 door also. So hopefully they do not come in at the same time :facepalm:
:cwl:

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Haha see thats the way to do it. Just order both

Sponsored

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Just checked with my dealer . I'm still in D1 with an estimated ship date of 5-1.

So we'll see I guess.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
[QUOTE="I ordered the smokers group for an extra power outlet adapting into the cigarette lighter.[/QUOTE]

That certainly would be the worth $30 if you did get an extra 12 volt outlet. Do you know that for sure?

If you do a build using the online configurator and add the Smoker's Group and then look at the picture of the interior, it shows the cigarette lighter in the standard existing outlet just left of center above the transfer case shifter?

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
for what its worth, one of the dealers i shopped at when pricing jeeps keeps calling me. They know i was interested in a 2 dr rubicon, They called me to say they have great deals on in stock wranglers. Told the rep im only want a two door rubicon. She emails me the window sticker for a jk rubicon. I tell her its way to much "44000.00" . Tell her i have a jl in order for 35000.00. She says my manger is very motivated and she'll match the price. i say thank you , but I really want the jl. Thats when she says " they are not making the 2 dr jls till the end of may. I said i know, but im going to wait anyway.
Good for yo
On 04/17/18 my ordered 2-door went to D1. Today my dealer told me the Jeep is built and in storage.

It appears a lot of progress is occurring behind the scenes. Delays could be due to quality control, shipping, supplier issues, or a number of other things. It's certain, however, that tracking is inaccurate and Jeep Chat is worse than useless.

For general knowledge to forum members, I requested two after-order changes. The color change was within three days of the order, 01/22/18, and was incorporated into the build. I attempted to add the infotainment package three weeks ago, while the Jeep was still showing D status, but it didn't make it into the build because it had progressed too far into the production process.

This weekend I asked my dealer for an update and he replied:
"According to the system, your vehicle is built and stored. The Infotainment Package wasn't added as the attempt was made after the build was scheduled. Sometimes they store them for the purpose of a release cadence. Sometimes they store them while they wait for the parts related to a specific option to be available. I have left a message up the food chain to identify which it is in this case. I will forward the email and/or information as it is sent to me. Thanks for your patience. I'm kind of excited to see it also.".

This dealer has been very straightforward and direct with me throughout the process, I have no reason to believe he's being deceptive now. Soon enough the dam will break, like it did with 4-door JLs, and supply will meet demand.

My Jeep order is JLR, bright white, black top/flares, 3.6, six speed manual, LED, Cold Weather group, trailer tow, active safety, steel bumper, smokers, hardtop, mats, Uconnect 7 inch, remote proximity keyless entry.

Randy (you can find my build on cryptostickers under this name)

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-in-action-3-jpg.jpg
all colors look terrific in the 2 door option!

El ED

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade
On 04/17/18 my ordered 2-door went to D1. Today my dealer told me the Jeep is built and in storage.

It appears a lot of progress is occurring behind the scenes. Delays could be due to quality control, shipping, supplier issues, or a number of other things. It's certain, however, that tracking is inaccurate and Jeep Chat is worse than useless.

For general knowledge to forum members, I requested two after-order changes. The color change was within three days of the order, 01/22/18, and was incorporated into the build. I attempted to add the infotainment package three weeks ago, while the Jeep was still showing D status, but it didn't make it into the build because it had progressed too far into the production process.

This weekend I asked my dealer for an update and he replied:
"According to the system, your vehicle is built and stored. The Infotainment Package wasn't added as the attempt was made after the build was scheduled. Sometimes they store them for the purpose of a release cadence. Sometimes they store them while they wait for the parts related to a specific option to be available. I have left a message up the food chain to identify which it is in this case. I will forward the email and/or information as it is sent to me. Thanks for your patience. I'm kind of excited to see it also.".

This dealer has been very straightforward and direct with me throughout the process, I have no reason to believe he's being deceptive now. Soon enough the dam will break, like it did with 4-door JLs, and supply will meet demand.

My Jeep order is JLR, bright white, black top/flares, 3.6, six speed manual, LED, Cold Weather group, trailer tow, active safety, steel bumper, smokers, hardtop, mats, Uconnect 7 inch, remote proximity keyless entry.

Randy (you can find my build on cryptostickers under this name)

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-in-action-3-jpg.jpg
If you don't mind sharing a picture of the window sticker that would be awesome!

Phil_B

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '18 JL 2 Door Rubi; Past: '97 TJ, '08 JK
Occupation
Retired
Finally got word today of my scheduled "estimated" ship date -- May 1 :). Now fingers crossed to see if it actually comes to fruition!

JL Rubi 2Dr hard top V6. Ordered in Jan, sold my TJ in Feb!

Still Jeepless - time passes,
:time:

PhilB

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Finally got word today of my scheduled "estimated" ship date -- May 1 :). Now fingers crossed to see if it actually comes to fruition!

PhilB
We are ship date brothers. Good luck to us both.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

PhilB
I just want you to know there are other "Jeepless" people out there. I have been Jeepless since I sold my 2003 Rubi several years ago. After a growing desire for another and many trips through dealer lots I ordered my JL Rubi. Can't wait! Ordered 1.8.2018 My dealer told me yesterday I had an estimated ship date of 4.27. Thats not going to happen. He also told me I was back to D status but the order tracking spreadsheet still says D1. Good luck to us all and may we get our Jeeps soon!
Sponsored