2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
On 04/17/18 my ordered 2-door went to D1. Today my dealer told me the Jeep is built and in storage.

It appears a lot of progress is occurring behind the scenes. Delays could be due to quality control, shipping, supplier issues, or a number of other things. It's certain, however, that tracking is inaccurate and Jeep Chat is worse than useless.

For general knowledge to forum members, I requested two after-order changes. The color change was within three days of the order, 01/22/18, and was incorporated into the build. I attempted to add the infotainment package three weeks ago, while the Jeep was still showing D status, but it didn't make it into the build because it had progressed too far into the production process.

This weekend I asked my dealer for an update and he replied:
"According to the system, your vehicle is built and stored. The Infotainment Package wasn't added as the attempt was made after the build was scheduled. Sometimes they store them for the purpose of a release cadence. Sometimes they store them while they wait for the parts related to a specific option to be available. I have left a message up the food chain to identify which it is in this case. I will forward the email and/or information as it is sent to me. Thanks for your patience. I'm kind of excited to see it also.".

This dealer has been very straightforward and direct with me throughout the process, I have no reason to believe he's being deceptive now. Soon enough the dam will break, like it did with 4-door JLs, and supply will meet demand.

My Jeep order is JLR, bright white, black top/flares, 3.6, six speed manual, LED, Cold Weather group, trailer tow, active safety, steel bumper, smokers, hardtop, mats, Uconnect 7 inch, remote proximity keyless entry.

Randy (you can find my build on cryptostickers under this name)

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-in-action-3-jpg.jpg
What a beautiful site. Two of the best things in life! Mountains and a Jeep!
Sponsored

LUDACRIS

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ-R IMPACT ORANGE, 2000 CHEROKEE, 1996 CHEROKEE and JUST ORDERED A JL-R (still on order but ordered a JLRU that has already came in and I am enjoying)(JEEP WISE- MANY OTHER TOYS)
I just want you to know there are other "Jeepless" people out there. I have been Jeepless since I sold my 2003 Rubi several years ago. After a growing desire for another and many trips through dealer lots I ordered my JL Rubi. Can't wait! Ordered 1.8.2018 My dealer told me yesterday I had an estimated ship date of 4.27. Thats not going to happen. He also told me I was back to D status but the order tracking spreadsheet still says D1. Good luck to us all and may we get our Jeeps soon!
Luckily I am not Jeepless but still slowly growing more impatient

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Fantastic! Fingers crossed for you by us all!!

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Here’s another pic I stumbled across on Instagram for everyone to appreciate in this thread.

C3C9557E-5185-4AD6-BAF6-D0BBB48AB57D.jpeg
Amazing , how we love looking a Jeep pictures. Imagine when we all have the real thing in our driveway. Soon, soon I hope!

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
FCA be like "nobody's even buying the new JL 2 doors, do you see any of them on the road? We're gonna discontinue them due to lack of demand.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
This is the first time my poc included one. At least from what I see.
My dealer emailed me late this aft and said my POC is still D1. The estimated ship date was April 27 on the last hard copy I have from a week ago, but he didn't send me the new printout. Still not showing up on this site's tracking spreadsheet, but then there has been no movement on that sheet for days. Pretty hard to parse from this the likelihood of my build occurring on the 27th, but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling. Sure hope my instincts are proven wrong.

Sponsored

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Rubicon, 2015 Duramax Highcountry, 2005 TJ rubicon (sold)
Occupation
waiting on my JLR order updates
Well, I checked my status this morning with Jeep chat and still in D1 anyway, glad there wasn’t any movement backwards :fingerscrossed:
Hopefully things move forward soon, I’m sure the Feds will be jacking interest rates again in the near future.
What options did you get on it? Mine went from D1 to D two weeks ago, i ordered JLR 6 speed, premium soft top, LED group.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
My dealer emailed me late this aft and said my POC is still D1. The estimated ship date was April 27 on the last hard copy I have from a week ago, but he didn't send me the new printout. Still not showing up on this site's tracking spreadsheet, but then there has been no movement on that sheet for days. Pretty hard to parse from this the likelihood of my build occurring on the 27th, but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling. Sure hope my instincts are proven wrong.
I'm getting more and more tempted to just cancel my order and go without a Jeep. I don't really need it. It'll be a very expensive toy for me. But then I imagine having it, driving it, loving it... And I just can't cancel. Besides if I cancel I bet money it'll be delivered the very next day.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
As confessed earlier, I cancelled my JL Rubi order (due to frustration with delays) and re-ordered a JLU Rubi that my dealer said today will be delivered between 5-16 and 5-26. After thanking him for keeping me posted, I wrote: if they are still gonna build and someday deliver the 2dr order, I'll take both. My wife doesn't know this............thinking I'll have both, be dead or sell one.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
As confessed earlier, I cancelled my JL Rubi order (due to frustration with delays) and re-ordered a JLU Rubi that my dealer said today will be delivered between 5-16 and 5-26. After thanking him for keeping me posted, I wrote: if they are still gonna build and someday deliver the 2dr order, I'll take both. My wife doesn't know this............thinking I'll have both, be dead or sell one.
I've thought long and hard about getting a JLU but I just don't like them. If I was going to get a four door it probably wouldn't be a Jeep. To me 4 door makes it feel like just another car or SUV. I get that people like them and they can be more practical but I owned a 4 door Sahara and I never loved that Jeep like I have my 2 door ones. I wish I did though because I'd be driving it right now.