Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Do people who run systems like this ever run hard trails? That thing would be smashed flat coming down the first ledge on a trail, looks sure but use-ability of the Jeep is significantly reduced with that hanging behind like that. Of course if you don’t do any trails I supposed is it doesn’t matter.
It comes with a Mall Rated badge lol
Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Heres the dynomax pipe after warmup at idle, winch mode and a couple of revs.
Honestly sounds pretty good! Any sorta drone while cruising or on the highway? Thanks a lot for posting!

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Honestly sounds pretty good! Any sorta drone while cruising or on the highway? Thanks a lot for posting!
I dont feel there was drone, even my picky wife who lived through my invidia exhaust on my S2000 to my 3 inch turbo back on my sti tolerated it. Everyone's tolerance may vary but when below 3000 rpm is when it's the loudest, hence the vacuum playing a tuba reference on cold starts.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Found another exhaust video! Has some background music in it, so not super optimal, but it's something. I'm guessing it is for K&N's part number 67-1516, which is pretty much just a muffler delete. But for anyone on the fence this will give you a better idea of what to expect out of the 2.0L!

Sponsored

jerrygcoffey

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0T w/ eTorque
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have the dynomax eliminator pipe on my 2.0. The cold start is for SURE the loudest part, it sounds like a vacuum playing a tuba. Once its warm it tames down quite a bit. It's not a ricey tone at all, very mellow and It's honestly not obnoxious day to day, on the highway I barely notice it. On the trail the rpms are right in the deepest sounding range so it's a bit on the loud side. I'll work on uploading clips, interior noise will be different since I have my trektop on but I'll get some revving and some accelerations. I'm going back to stock since I now pay attention to every gear change and I kind of like not hearing the transmission do its thing.
Can you link me to this product? Can only find it for the 3.6 :(

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Can you link me to this product? Can only find it for the 3.6 :(
It will fit both engines just fine! The connector after the catalyic converter is different between the 3.6L and 2.0L. The point where the muffler attaches after the resonator will be the same. I'm ordering mine this weekend!

jerrygcoffey

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0T w/ eTorque
Occupation
Software Engineer
It will fit both engines just fine! The connector after the catalyic converter is different between the 3.6L and 2.0L. The point where the muffler attaches after the resonator will be the same. I'm ordering mine this weekend!
Awesome, that’s what I was thinking. I ordered mine from Quadratec though, and their website says does not fit 2.0 T engines in like three different places haha.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Awesome, that’s what I was thinking. I ordered mine from Quadratec though, and their website says does not fit 2.0 T engines in like three different places haha.
Yeah, I've seen a bunch of people make it work both on here, Facebook and Instagram. I wouldn't be worried. ;)

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Found something new for the thread! It’s custom, but I’m sure it could be easily replicated by any local exhaust shop. Looks like these guys chopped the exhaust before the factory resonator, welded on a high flow “muffler” and put on a 3 in. tail pipe. I’m sure it’ll drone a bit but it seems like the larger diameter tail pipe adds a nice bass tone to our four-bangers. Just thought I’d share. :like:

Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Found a little something, looks like Corsa is getting into the 2.0L market finally! Not too off-road friendly but the tips look really nice on both models. If they make a rock crawler version with a more aggressive tone things could be interesting. As of right now, just a Sport and Touring Axle-Back with dual exits.

HoosierUte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Intellectual Property
I just put a MagnaFlow Dual tip axle-back (#19388) on my 2.0. I "had to" replace my stock muffler after smashing the exhaust pipe in Moab a couple of months ago...
The installation was stupid easy, took about 45 minutes for somebody who has never messed with an exhaust. I love the sound, not too loud but gives off a much stronger tone, mellows out when cruising but growls when you punch it. It also looks great, the black smaller muffler blends in, and losing the trash can underneath is a big aesthetic boost.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just put a MagnaFlow Dual tip axle-back (#19388) on my 2.0. I "had to" replace my stock muffler after smashing the exhaust pipe in Moab a couple of months ago...
The installation was stupid easy, took about 45 minutes for somebody who has never messed with an exhaust. I love the sound, not too loud but gives off a much stronger tone, mellows out when cruising but growls when you punch it. It also looks great, the black smaller muffler blends in, and losing the trash can underneath is a big aesthetic boost.
Thanks for the positive feedback, Hoosier! We're glad to hear that you are loving the new system! :fist bump:
Sponsored