Sponsored

Cracked Windshield Club

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
It's so vertical that the rocks don't skip off it as easily as a normal car. So it hits harder although I managed to crack mine by simply having the wiper arm (without the wiper on it) slip, literally 4", out of my hand and crack the windshield. Unreal, it's like they are using the most fragile glass known to man.
When they replaced the glass on my 2019 i looked at the old windshield, it was really, really thin. Compared to the other windshields on the truck it was night and day. He said they do a ton of Jeeps, and he said the newer ones (JL) seem to crack easier.
Sponsored

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I got my new windshield yesterday. Didn’t last 24 hours. Had a rock strike on the way to work today that spidered into two 8” cracks and a third that’s likely to grow. Made a new insurance claim this afternoon. This is ridiculous and very frustrating.
Jesus Christ. Why don't they just make the new ones with cracks. This is nuts.

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
Just rejoined the club for the first time in my post-JK days... didn’t even make it to 2 months in the JL. Was really hoping that the additional rake in the windshield would help, ugh. Hopefully it can be filled. Stupid ass Verizon truck in front of me.

9D9F0D73-5993-43F1-AC9F-6B815B8F69A3.jpeg
Just rejoined the club for the first time in my post-JK days... didn’t even make it to 2 months in the JL. Was really hoping that the additional rake in the windshield would help, ugh. Hopefully it can be filled. Stupid ass Verizon truck in front of me.

9D9F0D73-5993-43F1-AC9F-6B815B8F69A3.jpeg

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
Just got mine replaced. Oem glass

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I guess I feel like a real Jeeper now - mine cracked yesterday. Looks like it started as a rock chip below the windshield wiper that I didn't notice and now it's a big ol' crack.

Ordered a new one to be installed next week, only cost me $396 from Safelite. It's supposed to be the OEM one, seems like I got a pretty good deal I guess...

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I guess I feel like a real Jeeper now - mine cracked yesterday. Looks like it started as a rock chip below the windshield wiper that I didn't notice and now it's a big ol' crack.

Ordered a new one to be installed next week, only cost me $396 from Safelite. It's supposed to be the OEM one, seems like I got a pretty good deal I guess...
That's exactly how mine started

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
30k miles, same original windshield.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow when it inevitably cracks.
Where are you in NC? Clearly that pic is from Uwharie :) CLick on the link in my info below and checkout NC Roll Call, we post about get togethers and trail rides.

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I made it 10,000 miles in my 2019 before a crack, then it busted the week before I had to turn it in for the repurchase. On my 2020, I got less than 100 miles before a crack. The roads here in AZ are a killer due to all the rock around. I try to stay far back on the highway, but still got nailed.
How was the repurchase process? I'm about to go down that road myself. Any advice or warnings?

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
How was the repurchase process? I'm about to go down that road myself. Any advice or warnings?
Make sure you have things in writing from FCA before you are passed over to Stericycle. Once they send you over you arw at their mercy. I was promised no mileage fee due to all the issues I had and trip interruptions, when it was sent over originally it had that, but down the road FCA updated the quote and added it back in. Stericycle could not help me even though they sent me the original quote with it waived. Once FCA changed it after we agreed to a price i was basically told take the new offer or consult an attorney on my own. For me it was not worth more hassle so I just paid the mileage fee.

I had no issues with Stericycle personally, they were always responsive. The final transfer agent said they do a LOT of new Wranglers, so I imagine they have the process down pat.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Know what is awesome to look forward to?! When it starts to get cold in your area between the $hit defroster and the science of flat glass your cracked windshields will crack even more! That one chip/crack will turn into a metro highway system in no time!
Fkn hate this windshield. Someone on this thread said they ride it until they get pulled over, am considering trying the same.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I am proud to say I’m the newest member of the cracked windshield community! I’d love to thank everyone for making this a reality, it’s an honor and a privilege

haha but on a serious note at least I made it a year. Cracked the windshield road tripping back from Austin with the family. Cracked spread within minutes

457F1EF3-8568-46E6-89BE-97F2A79BD8D3.jpeg

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Has anyone recently been able to get a factory windscreen recently? Dealers says they are backordered for months.