Sponsored

Cracked Windshield Club

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Wow, how did you get a glass replacement under warranty?
My issue is actually for a water leak, but I figured this was the best place to ask about glass availability.

Dealer telling me the factory windshields are backordered until Dec-Jan, but that the Gorilla option may be ready sooner, like Nov-Dec.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, how did you get a glass replacement under warranty?
You pay for the glass coverage warranty. It's an add-on at closing like all the other added products you can purchase.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I
Has anyone recently been able to get a factory windscreen recently? Dealers says they are backordered for months.
Got one through my Ottawa dealer a few weeks ago. No problem, after they originally ordered the wrong one! If you had stock in whoever manufactures Jeep windshields you'd be filthy rich.

Sponsored

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
When they replaced the glass on my 2019 i looked at the old windshield, it was really, really thin. Compared to the other windshields on the truck it was night and day. He said they do a ton of Jeeps, and he said the newer ones (JL) seem to crack easier.
I just had the windshield on my Escape replaced, and the guy said they do way more escapes, and that they seem to do less JL than the JK.

maybe it has to do with the overall volume of them on the road? Or maybe different regions?

regardless, I’m glad I have insurance that covers windshields at no cost. Getting my JL soon.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the windshield on my Escape replaced, and the guy said they do way more escapes, and that they seem to do less JL than the JK.
I'd say volume regarding the JL and JK numbers. JK run was 2007 - 2018 and JL just started in 2018. I probably see 20-30 JKs for every 1 JL in my neck of the woods. JKs run around here like ants.

Si mon

First Name
rK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S 2 dr.
Occupation
Retired
20-40 minutes after leaving the dealer with my brand new JL, yep you got it...ran into a pebble and I have a nice big crack in my windshield. When will this problem ever be solved? I am going to check with the dealer to see if this is covered under warranty before I call my insurance company. Not happy.

Last edited:

Si mon

First Name
rK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just rejoined the club for the first time in my post-JK days... didn’t even make it to 2 months in the JL. Was really hoping that the additional rake in the windshield would help, ugh. Hopefully it can be filled. Stupid ass Verizon truck in front of me.

9D9F0D73-5993-43F1-AC9F-6B815B8F69A3.jpeg

Si mon

First Name
rK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just rejoined the club for the first time in my post-JK days... didn’t even make it to 2 months in the JL. Was really hoping that the additional rake in the windshield would help, ugh. Hopefully it can be filled. Stupid ass Verizon truck in front of me.

9D9F0D73-5993-43F1-AC9F-6B815B8F69A3.jpeg
I had my brand new 2020 JL about maybe 45 minutes max before the windshield cracked on Rt. 95 South in Northern VA. Took it over to my local dealership in Raleigh today and they said, "too bad, so sad" it's not covered under warranty because it was struck by a pebble, rock whatever. I told Progressive I do not want an aftermarket windshield, it's gotta be the Mopar. My deductible on this sorry state of affairs is $250. Today, I lowered my deductible tor $0 because I know it's going to happen again. It's the Jeep Wrangler curse. Talk about pissed off but what are you going to do other than lower your deductible or go with glass coverage if your carrier offers. Progressive does not. Progressive uses the "dollar bill test"....if the crack is longer than a dollar bill, it cannot be fixed, only replaced.

crack.jpg

Sponsored

MJM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2004 GC Limited, 2018 Silverado LTZ, 2000 GMC Sierra SLT, 2000 Camaro SS
Add us to the club. Made it just over 2 months. Does any one make a polycarbonate windshield for the JL?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Progressive uses the "dollar bill test"....if the crack is longer than a dollar bill, it cannot be fixed, only replaced.
Yeah, it's a rock magnet.
Progressive replaced my windshield no problem. And it was the exact same Mopar acoustic glass that it came with. I had gotten about 6 or 7 stars and repaired them all myself prior to this. Of course this is Arizona which has mandatory zero deductible glass replacement.

thumperer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
meltmedia.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Founder/BizDev
Yup, the 202 in particular is a bitch, due to all the construction haulers. I've had to change my commute just for the windshield craziness.

6th windshield (counting the factory original) in 15mos/15K miles.

The roads here in AZ are a killer due to all the rock around. I try to stay far back on the highway, but still got nailed.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I made it about 10K miles (and 16 months) before my windshield cracked. Got it replaced with OEM glass for no extra charge (zero deductible coverage). No more crop circles!

Ryder

First Name
Dian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sahara 2019
Proud member of the club here. Two months in and I saw the rock coming. Good to know I'm not alone but damn.
Sponsored