Sponsored

Cracked Windshield Club

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
I opted for the non-oem replacement from Safelite and have been very happy. It's gotten wacked pretty good a few times with no cracking. May be just anecdotal but seems like this one is more sturdy than OEM.

Saved a few bucks and just put my own sticker in the bottom right.
Sponsored

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
A not-so proud member of the club. I looked down to see my odometer hit 10K miles and "wack", my first crack at 14 months. Do the OEM replacements come with the jeep in the right corner?

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
A not-so proud member of the club. I looked down to see my odometer hit 10K miles and "wack", my first crack at 14 months. Do the OEM replacements come with the jeep in the right corner?
Yes the Mopar oem windshields come with the Jeep on the passenger side but I have had 2 windshields crack in less than 10,000 miles I’m going with safelites windshield having it replaced tomorrow then I will get some tinting on it and the front windows:LOL:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So I had my cousin replace my JLUR windshield yesterday. He owns a glass company. His cost for the windshield is 300 for the mopar factory glass.... Just so you know. This was his first new JL windshield that he has replaced. He was like wow that glass is expensive, he said that the normal cost for a wrangler windshield is 140. I was happy at 300 as the cheapest that I could find if for was 575 installed in my area.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Safelite replaced mine yesterday. I chose non-oem and take the price with a grain of salt since I'm sure they inflate the price then the insurance company gets a discount. Similar to medical insurance billing practices.
Glass list price was $818 and discounted to $548. Total price presented to insurance with installation was $747.

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Well F me.... :swear: cracked the windshield my damn self, but I still hold Mopar responsible. Long drive in the rain and the wipers literally started coming apart on the windshield, leaving rubber streaks on the glass. Not sure exactly why they did this with less than 8K on the odo, but it took goo gone to get it off the glass. Sooooo - pick up some Michelin wipers, remove the old ones, bump the wiper arm while it is pulled up and "whack"! Metal arm hits the windshield and leaves a nice star that has now run halfway across the glass. So now I have new wipers on a busted windshield....:headbang:

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Well I just dropped my Jlur off at Safelite and the associate basically told me that I would have to wait awhile for gorilla glass and it doesn’t make a difference until Jeep slants there windshields like sedans I call BS I had a jkus and never had this problem so the mopar glass is being installed hope 3rd times the charm:fingerscrossed:

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Yup, the 202 in particular is a bitch, due to all the construction haulers. I've had to change my commute just for the windshield craziness.

6th windshield (counting the factory original) in 15mos/15K miles.
Well this should be fun. 200 miles into ownership and I took a rock to the windshield on the 202...crack.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Took longer than I expected, but I joined the club a few weeks ago while driving through Palm Springs.

About 1.5 yrs old and 11.5k miles.

A913139A-8C5C-46D9-AE58-609CD6565FAD.jpeg

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Mojito! 2.0t, 2016 Lexus RC350 F-sport
This was huge!

E00F7DFA-3943-49AD-A7BA-240609CD0B9C.jpeg

Sponsored

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Holy crap. This just happened. I was driving on country roads. No one in front of me at all. The damn glass just cracked! I didn't even notice it happen. I glanced at a view of to the side of the road and when I looked back there it was! Not even a year old vehicle!

So now what? I have to turn this in to my insurance? I called the dealership I want to be my service center and they had me call a glass company. I was to tell them, "that this is a new purchase" so I assumed they meant it was warrantied? When the glass folks asked if insurance was covering it I said I thought it was covered, but apparently not? I'm confused. Nothing hit me. It just cracked. Now, it's been very frigid weather here but today it's "warmed" up to 39°f. Maybe that caused it?

So I have to pay this? I'll reach out to my insurance company but won't that make my premium go up?
IMG_20191115_114856.jpg

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Holy crap. This just happened. I was driving on country roads. No one in front of me at all. The damn glass just cracked! I didn't even notice it happen. I glanced at a view of to the side of the road and when I looked back there it was! Not even a year old vehicle!

So now what? I have to turn this in to my insurance? I called the dealership I want to be my service center and they had me call a glass company. I was to tell them, "that this is a new purchase" so I assumed they meant it was warrantied? When the glass folks asked if insurance was covering it I said I thought it was covered, but apparently not? I'm confused. Nothing hit me. It just cracked. Now, it's been very frigid weather here but today it's "warmed" up to 39°f. Maybe that caused it?

So I have to pay this? I'll reach out to my insurance company but won't that make my premium go up?
IMG_20191115_114856.jpg
I would check the very edge of your windshield (which is only visible from outside of the vehicle). Decent chance that a rock hit there. It doesn't take much of a hit for a crack to start if the hit is to the edge of the glass. You may find a very small pit mark.

If you're certain that there was no hit, I would raise this again with the dealer. I believe that there is 12mo./12K coverage for glass.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_20191115_114856.jpg
I have as of this morning joined the club 1 1/2 years 16000+ miles 25* this morning did remote start finish breakfast went out after timeout got in this is what I found

5472AD0E-7F82-43FF-B209-3CEBD7E17ED0.jpeg

B3FBCA8B-2EFC-4B87-8BB0-79690A76ECCF.jpeg

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I would check the very edge of your windshield (which is only visible from outside of the vehicle). Decent chance that a rock hit there. It doesn't take much of a hit for a crack to start if the hit is to the edge of the glass. You may find a very small pit mark.
You called it. There was a tiny little strike mark right on the edge of the glass. Guess I'm cooked. I wanted to but a winch not new glass!

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
You called it. There was a tiny little strike mark right on the edge of the glass. Guess I'm cooked. I wanted to but a winch not new glass!
I would check with your insurer. You probably have some form of glass coverage. Not an expert on this but I believe for many insurers this type of thing does not raise premiums.

Unbeknownst to me, I had zero deductible glass coverage that got me OEM glass to boot. However, if my windshield breaks again and Gorilla Glass is available I will pay to have that put in. Good luck!
Sponsored