Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
was it the TSB one?
Uconnect.jpg
Yep, that is the one. Going to try to upgrade the Jeep now. Where you successful?

I was successful, except when checking my current software version now it went from 17.xx to 18.xx, not the 21.10 or higher it stated in the update. I tried to do it again and it said no update to the current software. Great news though, I now have the off road app which is what my only goal was.

I’m going to clear my Zip drive, download the update again and try to upgrade again to see if it will update to the 21.10 version.

Last edited:

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
Yep, that is the one. Going to try to upgrade the Jeep now. Where you successful?

I was successful, except when checking my current software version now it went from 17.xx to 18.xx, not the 21.10 or higher it stated in the update. I tried to do it again and it said no update to the current software. Great news though, I now have the off road app which is what my only goal was.

I’m going to clear my Zip drive, download the update again and try to upgrade again to see if it will update to the 21.10 version.
Anything special that needs to be done? I clicked on the instruction link but it wouldn’t display anything. I downloaded it to a hdd that had FAT formatting and the uconnect system wouldn’t recognize when I plugged it in.

Thanks,
Kevin

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anything special that needs to be done? I clicked on the instruction link but it wouldn’t display anything. I downloaded it to a hdd that had FAT formatting and the uconnect system wouldn’t recognize when I plugged it in.

Thanks,
Kevin
Yes, try it again. You need the instructions. Not sure what FAT is. You need to down load it to a 16g Zip drive. Good luck.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
Yes, try it again. You need the instructions. Not sure what FAT is. You need to down load it to a 16g Zip drive. Good luck.
Then you started the Jeep and plugged it into the usb (anyone) and it started up?

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
Trav.city,

Never mind, I was able to get it going. Thank you

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
After 2 wasted Saturdays at the dealer and countless phone calls that went nowhere I updated my radio in 25 minutes. Thank the lord that they allowed us to download this.

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
I spoke too soon. It upgraded but navigation is now gone. No idea what to do

Sponsored

Ndrogo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Got my Off Road Pages installed yesterday! They are awesome but, now my Navigation app won’t load. It gets stuck at “loading navigation”. The dealership is working with their support to see what might have happened. They said I may need ANOTHER flash or maybe a new radio. :facepalm:
Hey how did you get navigation working having same issues

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Can someone please explain why the altitude does not come up on my uconne.ct system? It came up on the off road pages and then the altitude numbers disappeared. everything else,gauges etc . is ok

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
my 2020 r
Rubicon has the same uconnect problem with the lat/long an altitude. Anyone else with a 2020 with this problem or have gotten a permanent fix. Also FYI, I'm chasing minor corrections and over corrections in the steering. However, the steering is tight and no wondering, just constant corrections to over corrections. Waiting until I get a few miles on it to see what happens before I take to the dealer.

Persius

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon 4 door
My '19 JLUR has similar issues. First the NAV is lacking data, if it is really a Garmin there is no excuse. Now the ORP is gone. First it took minutes of waiting with nothing in response. Then a blue screen error stating "not available at this time'. Now the APP is gone along with others. The dealer stated no update for NAV. Now I need to return for the same answer on ORP. There are other issues that should never be there on a new care in 21st century.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Thanks, Darlene @JeepCares ! Do they do an actual manual update at the dealership or do they just reboot? If they just reboot, I've already done that several times and still have no off-road pages.
How do you do an actual reboot?
Sponsored