Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
@Greg H

You sure about the item I highlighted in red in your post quoted above?

I believe the Hotspot trial / cellphone call, ability is paid for by FCA (according to AT&T reps) and then you have to renew it with AT&T when the trial expires or you lose it. It has nothing to do with Sirius Guardian.

I was able to finagle a second trial but it took a lot of time on the phone, talking chiit lets say.

Your JL comes with an AT&T cell phone number assigned to it at the factory. This cell number sticks with your JL..
I just checked the website http://driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html and if you scroll down the page it list 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot as one of the available Guardian features but it is an additional charge after the first 3 months
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I just checked the website http://driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html and if you scroll down the page it list 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot as one of the available Guardian features but it is an additional charge after the first 3 months
@Greg H

It is as I mentioned... 8-) It's AT&T..

At the end of the 3 month trial, you call Sirius Guardian and they tell you you need to deal with AT&T, not them. They will connect you with an AT&T rep. Then, it is as I mentioned in my post.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had the dealer follow the TSB 1/28/19 to update my uConnect to add the ORP. They worked great until this Monday, the day after my 1 year free trial in the SiriusXM Guardian services expired. I contacted uConnect customer care asking if you have to have Guardian services to have the ORP. Here is the reply I received.

Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

We are disappointed to learn of your concern with the Off Road Pages regarding your Wrangler Unlimited and I would like to assure you that I will do everything I can to assist you.

I have looked into the Off Road Pages further and have determined you are correct, you do need an active subscription with Sirius Guardian in order to be able to utilize that feature.
If you would like to resubscribe to Sirius Guardian you can do so by calling them at 844-796-4827.

Thank you again for your email Gregory. Have a great day.

Best wishes,
Jocelyn
Jeep Customer Care"
Mine expired a month ago and I still have the ORP.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW

You may still have as your OR were just provided you by dealer intervention, right? It may have been all along that you did not have the ORP set up on Sirius Guardian's end.. ?? Could be you are good to go now... until a year from the date that the dealer got ORP going for you ??

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have an icon on your app screen that say "activate services" I had the ORP until that icon replaced it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

You may still have as your OR were just provided you by dealer intervention, right? It may have been all along that you did not have the ORP set up on Sirius Guardian's end.. ?? Could be you are good to go now... until a year from the date that the dealer got ORP going for you ??
@DanW

I got it by manual update through a zip drive. I'm pretty sure it was after Guardian expired. This sucks if it is tied to that. It is way over priced, IMO. I won't buy it just for the ORP.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have an icon on your app screen that say "activate services" I had the ORP until that icon replaced it.
I'll have to look.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to look.
ORP are still there, and I see no "activate services" icon. I received today a vehicle health report. However, I also received an email about my Sirius/XM Guardian being expired and asking me to purchase a plan to reactivate it.

If they do wind up cutting off my ORP, I will ask a year compensation of Guardian to make up for the year I did not have the ORP. That's really the only thing connected to Guardian that I'd use, anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ORP are still there, and I see no "activate services" icon. I received today a vehicle health report. However, I also received an email about my Sirius/XM Guardian being expired and asking me to purchase a plan to reactivate it.

If they do wind up cutting off my ORP, I will ask a year compensation of Guardian to make up for the year I did not have the ORP. That's really the only thing connected to Guardian that I'd use, anyway.
If you don't have the activate services icon and are still receiving the health report it sounds like they haven't turned off your Guardian service yet.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't have the activate services icon and are still receiving the health report it sounds like they haven't turned off your Guardian service yet.
That may be, but they notify me every week that it has been deactivated and to re-up. Functionally, though, yeah, it may not be deactivated.

Does the Travel Link work through Guardian? My Sirius/XM had expired, too, and Travel Link still worked, even though satellite radio did not.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That may be, but they notify me every week that it has been deactivated and to re-up. Functionally, though, yeah, it may not be deactivated.

Does the Travel Link work through Guardian? My Sirius/XM had expired, too, and Travel Link still worked, even though satellite radio did not.
I think you get five years free on the Travel link at least I do per the paperwork!

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Welcome to the future. You own nothing. All you have is what is granted to you by an ethereal ULA and terms of service that are almost impossible to understand and can change without notice. Features and options in your vehicle can be added or deleted at a moments notice. No one on the sellers side can explain themto you because they are all controlled by some third party.

I’ve kinda gotten used to XM radio again, but that’s a scam too. Your special deal subscription expires and they raise the fee to some ridiculous price. So you cancel, and the bug you incessantly until they finally offer you some special price to re sign

I don’t really care about ORP. Didn’t know they existed till I saw them in this forum. But if I had bought my Jeep expecting to have them, spent months trying to get them working and then after all that finding out you need some stupid subscription service just to get access to a different GUI, I’d be pissed.

Class action suit anyone?

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Travel link and traffic you get free for 5 years. SiriusXM radio and Guardian services are only free for 1 year. Do you have the uConnect app on your phone? If you do does the remote features like start, lock, and unlock still appear on it and work? When I launch the app now all I get is the vehicle info screen. The screen with the remote functions is gone.
Sponsored