AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@BBDOC
@NickTinVA

I have posted the pic of the grounding point in the passenger foot well a few times. I have gotten a bunch of Pm's saying that ground point worked out great. I have also heard from other's that the ground point did not do the job or it was not the best ground lets say.

The guys that had good experiences using that ground point, carefully, cleaned the paint off that ground point, then used it. There is often a heavy coat of paint on that ground point.

Anyway, very good ground point to use but DO, clean paint off well, before using it or expect no or iffy grounding...

footground.jpeg
Sponsored

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
@BBDOC
@NickTinVA

I have posted the pic of the grounding point in the passenger foot well a few times. I have gotten a bunch of Pm's saying that ground point worked out great. I have also heard from other's that the ground point did not do the job or it was not the best ground lets say.

The guys that had good experiences using that ground point, carefully, cleaned the paint off that ground point, then used it. There is often a heavy coat of paint on that ground point.

Anyway, very good ground point to use but DO, clean paint off well, before using it or expect no or iffy grounding...

footground.jpeg
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Any thoughts on connecting two loads to the "hot" wire, both in terms of current draw, but also physically best way to connect that?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@NickTinVA

Assuming that the current draw by the accessory is not overboard, lets say, I'd say go for it and see how you fair.

CB goodies can be very finicky.

"Physically best".... I have little experience with CB, but I would expect soldered connection(s) are better then using connectors when it comes to wiring up a CB goodie.

Wire it up, do a simple test install and if all seems aok, go back and tidy it up so to speak and be done with it. No harm trying.

IF you have issues then move to plan b.

By the way, you can carefully, use a heat gun on high.... to soften /break down, the paint on that ground point. Heat it up and sand / wire brush it well.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@BBDOC
@NickTinVA

footground.jpeg
This is great information. Can you explain or point me in the right direction to determine how to remove the passenger side kick panel to access the ground lug mentioned? I removed a 10mm pressed steel nut Braeburn the top, but am having difficulty removing the electrical connector for the door. I assume the rest are just press in clips, but not sure.

Thanks

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MandKM

Panel just pulls straight off....has a retention cord connected to the larger panel.

Here is a video that shows hows in it, how to disconnect the door connector.

Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Rhinebeck01

Sorry, I guess I wasn’t very clear. I have separated the electrical connector and removed the door. However, it looks like I need to remove the other half of the connector before I can remove the main kick panel to get to the ground lug that you mentioned previously. This is where I am...
1CF31D01-EF90-4C21-98BA-A0C3137F81E7.jpeg

thanks again.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I have been all over the kick panel and under the hood. I can't find the aux wires on mine... I don't have the factory AUX switches. Is this only available if you have that option installed?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yes. The wires and switches are part of the tow package.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha. Yeah, been there. :headbang:

GetOverIt

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
What is a good place or a ground under the glove box where these wires are on the inside of the Jeep?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
(This thread is fantastic, huge thanks to everyone for the pics and vids!)

I'm going to hardwire my dashcam using the interior, passenger side bundle of cables. Since I'll be working with the BATT cable (kit also connects to ACC), I should disconnect the battery first, right?
I wired my dash cam to the battery cable under the dash and ever since then my XM radio has cut in and out. No issues when using Bluetooth audio from my phone. I was following another thread about radio and backup camera issues thinking I have the same problem, but then came to realize that if I just unplug my camera the issue goes away. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues. I plan on rewiring this week to the Aux wire to see if it makes any difference.
Sponsored