First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Moab
Occupation
Retired
I am putting a Mopar lift on my Moab. It is mostly a mall crawler with some beaching in the future. I don't know which way to go in concerns with the lower control arms. Do i go with adjustable control arms or correction brackets. It seems like you can get the control arms for a little more money then the cost of the bracket. I see Rough Country adjustable arms are 200.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

TIA
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I am putting a Mopar lift on my Moab. It is mostly a mall crawler with some beaching in the future. I don't know which way to go in concerns with the lower control arms. Do i go with adjustable control arms or correction brackets. It seems like you can get the control arms for a little more money then the cost of the bracket. I see Rough Country adjustable arms are 200.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

TIA
For a mostly street driven jeep, or any jeep that isn't a rock crawler, I would recommend the brackets over the arms. The brackets not only correct your caster, but level the arms out, which results in less nose dive and a much better ride.

OP
OP
firedog561

firedog561

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Moab
Occupation
Retired
For a mostly street driven jeep, or any jeep that isn't a rock crawler, I would recommend the brackets over the arms. The brackets not only correct your caster, but level the arms out, which results in less nose dive and a much better ride.
Thank you.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
As Carlton states improved ride and caster with brackets, but you do lose the ability for adjustability. The caster that's built in to the brackets is what you get. If you would like to fine tune it, control arms give you that ability. The ride in the JL is very good to begin with and adding a half inch or so in control arm length won't degrade the ride. Jl's seem to love caster.

Personal Preference... how much do you like to fine tune / tinker

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I went with front lower adjustables from RC. They are very well built, very sturdy, and we were able to dial my castor in perfectly with them. I can literally drive down the interstate at 75-80 with my pinky finger on 37's. For the few extra dollars, I'd get the arms.

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
The Mopar lift already comes with new extended lowers. Are they not enough? Or are correction brackets still needed?

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
The Mopar lift already comes with new extended lowers. Are they not enough? Or are correction brackets still needed?
In my case the arms were enough. I can also drive at 70 with 1 finger on the wheel with no movement.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Yea, if the Mopar comes with fixed lowers, then those would be fine.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
For a mostly Daily driver or even overlander that doesnt need the high clearance of an adjustable, geo brackets are the way to go. They will give to close to spec caster and far better ride

example on how they will give you a better ride, imagine pushing a dolly cart at 45 degrees (lifted on adjustable or fixed length) hit a small step up and you feel the shock load in your arms (frame) as it bouces over. now drop the cart to say 22 degrees (geo brackets) and go over the same bump. Far less shock load comes through your arms

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For a mostly Daily driver or even overlander that doesnt need the high clearance of an adjustable, geo brackets are the way to go. They will give to close to spec caster and far better ride

example on how they will give you a better ride, imagine pushing a dolly cart at 45 degrees (lifted on adjustable or fixed length) hit a small step up and you feel the shock load in your arms (frame) as it bouces over. now drop the cart to say 22 degrees (geo brackets) and go over the same bump. Far less shock load comes through your arms
The original poster is asking about a lift that is already correcting castor with fixed extended arms. I understand how lowering the arms helps in the suspension absorb bumps. But how far is the castor going to change if the two are used simultaneously?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you end up with more than 2 inches like I did (3.5) with the Mopar lift then the arms that come with kit are to short. I also got the rough country arms they work really good. If it were me I’d get it lifted and see how high it ends up, then go from there. Even mostly street use I think you would be happier with the results of the arms. Also you might need adjustable track bars to center your axles if you get more than 2 inches. Mine were off almost an inch. Good luck.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
The original poster is asking about a lift that is already correcting castor with fixed extended arms. I understand how lowering the arms helps in the suspension absorb bumps. But how far is the castor going to change if the two are used simultaneously?
Original post is adjustable vs geo brackets. In most cases the mopar lift arms are too short to obtain proper castor so with the addition of the geo brackets it will put the castor relatively close since most brackets have lift height options

E45A8371-0EA3-4FE0-A18C-5963B0298D43.png

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Original post is adjustable vs geo brackets. In most cases the mopar lift arms are too short to obtain proper castor so with the addition of the geo brackets it will put the castor relatively close since most brackets have lift height options
I know the post is about adjustable vs Geo. I was just wondering if using the extended arms provided with the Geo brackets would be enough, instead of having to purchase another item to further push the cost of doing the lift vs other lift options.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I know the post is about adjustable vs Geo. I was just wondering if using the extended arms provided with the Geo brackets would be enough, instead of having to purchase another item to further push the cost of doing the lift vs other lift options.
Ahh gotcha, my bad for the misunderstanding.
Usually it’s either you would use one or the other but I have seen the overland guys run an adjustable with the geo brackets to ultra fine tune the castor and to simply have the stronger arm there since they do hang roughly 2” lower than stock
Using a fixed length arm with them that was ment for a certain height might end up in to much castor. The use of the mopar lift arms and the brackets may get you close tho since most have said the arms included in their kits were too short still to get proper castor

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh gotcha, my bad for the misunderstanding.
Usually it’s either you would use one or the other but I have seen the overland guys run an adjustable with the geo brackets to ultra fine tune the castor and to simply have the stronger arm there since they do hang roughly 2” lower than stock
Using a fixed length arm with them that was ment for a certain height might end up in to much castor. The use of the mopar lift arms and the brackets may get you close tho since most have said the arms included in their kits were too short still to get proper castor
I'm really undecided on deciding on a lift. As the Mopar seems to be over 3" and I am probably staying with the 315's on my jlur. From what I can see in pictures 2 - 21/2 max actual lift is all that I think looks good with that size tires. And I'm afraid of messing with anything since it rides and handled great at the stock height, but with zero chance of any decent articulation with the larger tires.
Sponsored