Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara First Real Window Sticker (with Options Pricing/MSRP)

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
IMG_2286.jpg

Thanks for the reply. That is consistent with the order guide attatched I believe ( m/h?)

Would it also be true with the limited slip dif?? I ordered the lsd but see no all terrain tire info on my order sheet?

Edit: also is it truely a zero dollar option or a must have situation??
What is "M/h" on the order guide... should I be recieving AT tires if I chose to build with limited slip differential?
Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Thanks very helpfull .. only thing i need to learn more about is the tread lightly discount and price for cold weather package then ill be ready to order.. so you just negotiated for that invoice price without the tread lightly discount.. or thats how you got that price.
Shop around. What you are able to negotiate on the price varies greatly dependent on the dealership. Example:

Dealership A (20 minutes north of me): Would not come a penny off of MSRP. They stated that they could not sell below sticker unless I was eligible for affiliate pricing.

Dealership B (20 minutes south of me): We can give you 12% off of MSRP on a Rubicon.

Close to a $5,000 difference between dealerships that are 40 minutes from each other.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
But you don't need to pay for the 4.10's this time.
Having to pay for 4.10s is such a scam. 4.10 gears don't cost more for Chrysler. If anything based on metal costs 3.73 would cost more because they are larger lol. However through suppliers they are all the same price.

It used to be a $50 up charge. Then it was a couple hundred. Now it's like $700 all within a few years...

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership A (20 minutes north of me): Would not come a penny off of MSRP. They stated that they could not sell below sticker unless I was eligible for affiliate pricing.

Dealership B (20 minutes south of me): We can give you 12% off of MSRP on a Rubicon.

Close to a $5,000 difference between dealerships that are 40 minutes from each other.
I find this REALLY hard to believe. Unless you’re not talking about a JL

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What is "M/h" on the order guide... should I be recieving AT tires if I chose to build with limited slip differential?
M/H measn "Must Have". That means the options must be ordered together. Sometimes like with wheels the tires become a $0 required option. I don't know if that is the case with the limited diff.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Here's my best guess for a JLU Rubicon, fully optioned, with a diesel. I took some of the info from the Ram site some from the JK build and price.

• $40,195 - 2019 JLU Rubicon
  • $4,270 - 3.0L EcoDiesel (From Ram site)
  • $2000 - 8-Speed auto
  • $1495 - Leather trimmed seats group
  • $1295 - Electronics/Infotainment group
  • $1250 - Cold weather group (This is a guess)
  • $795 - Safety group
  • $895 - LED group
  • $795 - Trailer group
  • $2185 - Dual tops group (from JKU)
  • $1195 - Delivery charge
Grand total: $56370.

That's pretty pricey for any car, let alone a Wrangler. Maybe we can hope that the diesel upgrade isn't the same price as the Ram.

Sponsored

2018JLU4ME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Brilliant Black WK2 Limited
With the options I want in a JLU Sport...ill need invoice to stay at my price point. Ill bet FCA is banking JK owners will dump em for the new JL...so trades are worth more than Bitcoin to a Jeep dealer these days

Remember, dealers dont make anything off new cars. They make all of their money off service and off pre-owned. If you walk in and say...i want a new JL...heres a 2014 JK with 50k on it...theyll throw you a fucking catered party and bathe you in diamonds...

Tell em youll ONLY get it serviced there and they might just sign the building over to you

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Remember, dealers dont make anything off new cars. They make all of their money off service and off pre-owned. If you walk in and say...i want a new JL...heres a 2014 JK with 50k on it...theyll throw you a fucking catered party and bathe you in diamonds...

Tell em youll ONLY get it serviced there and they might just sign the building over to you
You are misinformed. Invoice price is not what the dealer pays for the vehicle from the factory, that is called "dealer cost" which is much less than invoice. Invoice covers the lot fees, interest, keeping the lights on in the dealer etc. You rarely will get a vehicle under true dealer cost. Even if you do, there may manufacturer incentives and kickbacks. The dealer makes money on the sale, trade, financing, service and accessories.

2018JLU4ME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are misinformed. Invoice price is not what the dealer pays for the vehicle from the factory, that is called "dealer cost" which is much less than invoice. Invoice covers the lot fees, interest, keeping the lights on in the dealer etc. You rarely will get a vehicle under true dealer cost. Even if you do, there may manufacturer incentives and kickbacks. The dealer makes money on the sale, trade, financing, service and accessories.
considering i used to work for FCA and for GM...id say im pretty well informed about how dealers work internally

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
considering i used to work for FCA and for GM...id say im pretty well informed about how dealers work internally
Whatever you think. Every dealer makes no money on new car sales? Right....

2018JLU4ME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no money is a figure of speech...but one thing everybody agrees on is...dealers are NOTHING without the service dept.
Sponsored