Color Matched Hardtop only?

N875ED

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Why not just have the top painted black (with the appropriate sheen) at a body shop? Forget the wrap.
Sponsored

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Consider talking to the dealer about swapping tops with a black top model on their lot. Not sure if they will, but dealers that tend to do dealership addendums (add wheels, leather kits, accessories, etc to on-the-lot models) might be willing to deal with you on the top if they think they can put a body color top on a model without it and add an addendum to the vehicle (maybe for less that the factory would charge, but enough to make it worth while for you).

OP
OP

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Consider talking to the dealer about swapping tops with a black top model on their lot. Not sure if they will, but dealers that tend to do dealership addendums (add wheels, leather kits, accessories, etc to on-the-lot models) might be willing to deal with you on the top if they think they can put a body color top on a model without it and add an addendum to the vehicle (maybe for less that the factory would charge, but enough to make it worth while for you).
yeah, they said i could switch out my black hardtop on my current jl

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
It seems you can only order now with this hardtop option. Is there any talk of that changing?

sorry but color matched top looks terrible and stupid.

I'm waiting to hear back if i can switch my black top (red wrangler) onto a 4xe color matched top when i trade in
What a PITA. No disrespect to those with color matched roof and fenders but I agree, IMO it makes the Wrangler look as boxy as a Commander 🤢

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
Glad I'm not the only one to go with black fenders on the painted hardtop. We thought it was going to be too-much-orange with the painted fenders. Plus I plan on having them ripped off by an aggressive tree trunk so why pay more for them?

Sponsored

R4D4R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
I did the build comparison today between the 4xe Sahara and the standard.

Dual tops ++$1300
Body color top ++$100
Power top ++$100

The extra $1300 for the 4xe dual top option is insane. I would tell them to pound sand over that.

Also agree that color tops are stupid on most colors, the brighter/"louder" colors especially. hydro, yellow, red (I have a red JK!). Just too much of the bright color. Looks OK in the darker greens, sliver, etc

I hated the color fenders on the JKs for the same reason, but the color fenders for the JL arent nearly as garish

Lets hope this is only a first MY issue and the prices will come back to normal. Side by side, the standard Sahara with leather and the auto is only like $2500 less than the same equipped 4xe. Its still too big of a number for me, so Im hoping they bring the 4xe down to the Sport trim. My break even price is about $3k for gas v electric. The Sahara is too rich for my blood, $50k, NFW

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I did the build comparison today between the 4xe Sahara and the standard.

Dual tops ++$1300
Body color top ++$100
Power top ++$100

The extra $1300 for the 4xe dual top option is insane. I would tell them to pound sand over that.

Also agree that color tops are stupid on most colors, the brighter/"louder" colors especially. hydro, yellow, red (I have a red JK!). Just too much of the bright color. Looks OK in the darker greens, sliver, etc

I hated the color fenders on the JKs for the same reason, but the color fenders for the JL arent nearly as garish

Lets hope this is only a first MY issue and the prices will come back to normal. Side by side, the standard Sahara with leather and the auto is only like $2500 less than the same equipped 4xe. Its still too big of a number for me, so Im hoping they bring the 4xe down to the Sport trim. My break even price is about $3k for gas v electric. The Sahara is too rich for my blood, $50k, NFW
The extra $1300 is because the dual top requires body color top. Otherwise, the top options are the same price 4xe or no 4xe (except the mid year hike).

Also, building side to side for me, I'm only seeing ~$1000 difference on the Sahara between regular Saraha and 4xe. On the Rubicon, it's more like $2500 diff. (the 4xe is only available in body color top so make sure to select that on the regular sahara if going hard top)

Also, I believe the 4xe has a mid year price increase built in to the pricing - you might see that in the regular models here soon.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
New info: Black hardtops are now available on the 4xe's.
This screen shot copied from a posting made by a Jeep salesperson.
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Matched Hardtop only? 1611542286435

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
If that is true, it will chap my hide as I wanted a black top. I wanted the same color setup I currently have.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
While I actually might wish that was true, it's hard to believe they would change the marketing of the Launch Edition this quickly. The pre-materials claimed a body color hardtop was going to be the only option for the Launch Edition. Let's see what transpires the next few days.

Sponsored

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
If anybody talks to their dealer and confirms a Sahara 4xe may be ordered w/black top, please post back here! That was one of two holdups for me (that and the black wheels)

OP
OP

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
While I actually might wish that was true, it's hard to believe they would change the marketing of the Launch Edition this quickly. The pre-materials claimed a body color hardtop was going to be the only option for the Launch Edition. Let's see what transpires the next few days.
it's also not possible on the Jeep build site

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
I had an order sheet that opted for the soft top but that also added $400 to the price, you'd think the soft top would be included
This is probably for the premium soft top.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Why not just have the top painted black (with the appropriate sheen) at a body shop? Forget the wrap.
Why would I pay more for a painted top that I don't want, then have to fork out more money to get it painted?

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
if you order a black 4xe problem is solved, plus the blue accent pops on black.
Sponsored