Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Meaning the Mopar shocks aren't long enough, right? Limiting down travel? I was read that they kind of do that with the mopar springs so that doesn't surprise me. I would eventually probably get their RRDs too, but just not yet. Did the ride height change any from the mopar to the RK? So if my memory serves me correct, I think the RK spring rate is a little higher than the mopar springs. Adding a mopar steel bumper and winch made my front drop about 1/2. was looking to level that out with different springs because I don't want to add spacers. Similarly, I bought a travel trailer and was looking for stiffer springs in the rear for that.
Correct, they only extend to 26-1/2 ish, and the rrds for 3.5” lift extend 29.3 “

In my case, I got almost 3.5” of lift with my Mopar lift so by the time I switched to rk they only settled a 1/2”. So I only actually gained a 1/2” in ride height.
If you’re going with the 2.5 “ lift the rrds for that lift will extend an inch less, at 28.3”. Still gaining a couple inches of travel. As far as sag from the weight in front, I use 1/2” spacers in the front of mine to get it to sit like I want it.
I think the rk springs would carry the weight better. You’ll have to compare spring rates though to be sure.
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Correct, they only extend to 26-1/2 ish, and the rrds for 3.5” lift extend 29.3 “

In my case, I got almost 3.5” of lift with my Mopar lift so by the time I switched to rk they only settled a 1/2”. So I only actually gained a 1/2” in ride height.
If you’re going with the 2.5 “ lift the rrds for that lift will extend an inch less, at 28.3”. Still gaining a couple inches of travel. As far as sag from the weight in front, I use 1/2” spacers in the front of mine to get it to sit like I want it.
I think the rk springs would carry the weight better. You’ll have to compare spring rates though to be sure.
Perfect. Thanks Roky!

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
excuse my ignorance as Ive only had cheap lifts before on past Toyotas, but what maintenance is required on a lift like this? Easy to do?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks @Roky for the suggestions! It looks like the shocks were either a mistake or a one day deal, they're back up to the regular price. But the stock mod kit is still cheap, I may get it anyway.

I was going with the fixed LCAs because I like the low maintenance aspect of them, and the adjustables were super expensive, but now they're on sale too.

Adding the RK bump stop kit, rear adjustable track bar, Rubicon sway links, switching to the adjustable front LCAs, and ditching the shocks still only comes out to $1228.15, a great deal I would think, just gotta figure out the shocks.

Anyone have much experience with the rock krawler 2.5" lift and shock extensions?
Really good deal.

As for shocks you will find extensions cost $160 or so for all 4 corners and if you buy the correct length shocks, which you will eventually want, you save that $160. So make sure to factor that savings into the cost of new correct length shocks.

You can also usually find extensions on here for sale as everyone outgrows them and sells them. They are like training wheels for a bike - nobody has them for long.

Sponsored

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone run the Fox 2.0's with The RK kit? Was thinking about doing this

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I run the Fox 2.0 IFP's with the RK 2.5" lift. I really like the ride. I really like these shocks as compared to the stock Rubicon shocks. I've ran Robby Gordon adjustable (they were a really good shock), Rancho 5000, and Rancho 9000 before. I like the Fox 2.0 more than any of the others. I hated the Rancho 5000's and I was not a fan of the 9000's either.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I run the Fox 2.0 IFP's with the RK 2.5" lift. I really like the ride. I really like these shocks as compared to the stock Rubicon shocks. I've ran Robby Gordon adjustable (they were a really good shock), Rancho 5000, and Rancho 9000 before. I like the Fox 2.0 more than any of the others. I hated the Rancho 5000's and I was not a fan of the 9000's either.
That’s good to know. Did you use the 2-3” Fox for your 2.5” lift? I see there’s a bunch of options. Also what maintenance is required for the RK kits?

06A2DB73-AF09-4034-A218-D3C85D0961F8.png

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I went with the 2-3" version.

As far as maintenance:
After first 100 miles, recheck torque on all fasteners
I will also do it every other oil change and/or after an off road trio​
During installation (I did it before I installed the arms), RK suggests spraying the joints with a lubricant. I use Fluid Film. I believe they urge the use of this lubricant.
Lubricate the joints with their RK specific grease (it's 000, not a typical GL grease).
If you don't flex the suspension very frequently, then RK states the joints don't need much grease (the joints need to be flexed/rotated for the grease to spread around). Therefore, just spray more Fluid Film on the joints.​
Lubricate the front Track Bar zerk fitting (I do this, along with the other fittings on my Synergy steering system) every oil change​

I like to wash my shocks, steering, and suspension system every couple of weeks as part of preventative maintenance too. This allows me to check for leaking shocks seals, bad CA joints, etc.

Pretty much keep everything lubed and tightened on a regular schedule and it should provide you years of fun!!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s good to know. Did you use the 2-3” Fox for your 2.5” lift? I see there’s a bunch of options. Also what maintenance is required for the RK kits?

06A2DB73-AF09-4034-A218-D3C85D0961F8.png
FYI, if you buy these shocks from @Northridge4x4, they are $159.99

If you use the JLWRANGLERFORUM discount code, it brings the cost down to $135.96 each. I pretty much buy all of my stuff from Northridge 4x4 due to the discount and free shipping. In fact, I remember the days (mid 2000's) when it was a one shop outfit in Washington and Dave (the owner) would answer the phone himself and provide great tech advice.

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
In fact, I remember the days (mid 2000's) when it was a one shop outfit in Washington and Dave (the owner) would answer the phone himself and provide great tech advice.
Dave still answers the phone quite often, but now there are a bunch of people answering all the calls, so it's hard to say who you'll get.

WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
Dave still answers the phone quite often, but now there are a bunch of people answering all the calls, so it's hard to say who you'll get.
What is the Northridge4x4 discount code? I buy a bit of stuff from you guys and didn't know there was a discount code. Thanks for being awesome, by the way!!

WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
I ran the Fox 2.0 with the RK 2.5 (2-3") but now I'm on RK 3.5 and I went with longer Fox 2.0(3.5-4") I love the Fox shock+ RK spring combo for ride quality on and off road.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What is the Northridge4x4 discount code? I buy a bit of stuff from you guys and didn't know there was a discount code. Thanks for being awesome, by the way!!
JLWRANGLERFORUM is the one I usually use and works on most, but not all items. When they run sales, Northridge will also have an additional code listed on it's main web page.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Which system and which lift height are you on? We see this from time to time and the answers we have found so far is that the arms are adjusted too long, pushing the axle forward. verify the length on the control arms, particularly the lowers and assess from there.
I have this same issue with the track bar hitting the frame side attach bracket. Is this that big of an issue really? My life is the 2.5" Adventure series 1 with the fixed lower control arms, RRD shocks and I added adjustable RK front upper control arms.
Sponsored