Rock Krawler 2.5?

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
Question. It's been a few years since I looked at lifts. Rock Krawler used to have several 1.5 lift kits for the JKU.

Did you stop making these lifts for the JKU? Is there a reason why? Are there plans to make a 1.5 lift kits for the JLU?
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Question. It's been a few years since I looked at lifts. Rock Krawler used to have several 1.5 lift kits for the JKU.

Did you stop making these lifts for the JKU? Is there a reason why? Are there plans to make a 1.5 lift kits for the JLU?
In the JKU, it was not a big seller, less than 10 units per year so it was dropped. We have talked about 1.5" JL/JLU kits but nothing final has been decided yet.

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
In the JKU, it was not a big seller, less than 10 units per year so it was dropped. We have talked about 1.5" JL/JLU kits but nothing final has been decided yet.
Thank you for the reply. I had the RK 1.5 lift on my 2014 JKUR and loved it.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
You just need to make sure you're buying JL specific spacers because of the longer wheel studs. They are universal between JL and Grand Cherokees since the bolt pattern and wheel studs are the same between them.

Synergy are 1 5/8 and Spidertrax are 1.75". Either of those will be plenty for stock wheels and tires or a stock wheel with a 12.50 or so on it.

Marcus

How much do you sell them for? Tire km3 37x12.5x17

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No, other than less back spacing and mud flaps. Rockblokz makes great quick-release mud flaps. Takes about 2 minutes to remove them.

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Got my 2.5" X factor installed. Replaced the Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks. Gained about 3" in front and 2" in the rear (the front was sagging about 1" from the bumper and winch with the Rubicon springs). Overall it's 3.5" taller than stock sport height. Sits perfect level like I wanted it, but it begs for 35's now.

7Luf8XJggq1MW7PZH_iTQKeg-8t3rWM8LnTUW6B4YKEpiBilyyAHQetP3MjlXYY6QqVovbWcFgKmw_HSqFQ=w873-h656-no.jpg

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
On a rubicon axle, you'll probably clear. I ran a wheel with 4.54 back space on 37x13.50's and cleared with a little room to spare. You'll be tight for sure, but I think it'll clear...

No promises though as every wheel manufacturer can be a little different.

Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I have the 2.5" RK Adventure Series Lift with the front lower control arms and the RRD shocks. I thought the ride was a little stiffer than I was expecting to be honest. Tires are 37" Yokohama Geolander M/T G003's set at 30 PSI cold. Could it just be the tire since they're load range D instead of C? From my research the load range D at lower pressure should behave like a C. Any suggestions to help with the ride quality? I especially notice the difference over pot hole and railroad tracks when compared to the stock suspension.

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
I have the 2.5" RK Adventure Series Lift with the front lower control arms and the RRD shocks. I thought the ride was a little stiffer than I was expecting to be honest. Tires are 37" Yokohama Geolander M/T G003's set at 30 PSI cold. Could it just be the tire since they're load range D instead of C? From my research the load range D at lower pressure should behave like a C. Any suggestions to help with the ride quality? I especially notice the difference over pot hole and railroad tracks when compared to the stock suspension.
I'm no expert in this as this is my first Jeep but I have my D rated tires set at 26 cold (Toyo RTs).

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you can have RK revalve them for you

From their shock page:
  • (00) Zero valving or no shims;
  • (30) Light valving;
  • (40) Light-Medium valving;
  • (50) Medium valving;
  • (60) Medium-Firm valving;
  • (70) Firm valving;
  • (80) Extra Firm valving
  • (90) Hard valving
When ordering the first number is always your compression dampening and the second number is your rebound dampening! For example a 40/60 valved shock would be a shock that is Light-Medium in compression dampening and Medium-Firm in rebound dampening.

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Got my 2.5" X factor installed. Replaced the Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks. Gained about 3" in front and 2" in the rear (the front was sagging about 1" from the bumper and winch with the Rubicon springs). Overall it's 3.5" taller than stock sport height. Sits perfect level like I wanted it, but it begs for 35's now.

7Luf8XJggq1MW7PZH_iTQKeg-8t3rWM8LnTUW6B4YKEpiBilyyAHQetP3MjlXYY6QqVovbWcFgKmw_HSqFQ=w873-h656-no.jpg
I'm doing the same as you, I'm going to be begging for 35's too. I'll live with it until I burn through my 33's.
Sponsored