The Tire Carrier Thread

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Here's my LOD Bumper/Tire Carrier w/ 37 x 13.5" Cooper STT Pro mounted up. Backup cam works perfectly, backup sensors work even though they say they don't on dash info screen. They beep if someone is behind me every time, although my info screen (dash) says parking sensors are disabled on startup. Super robust bumper that I've bounced off rock ledges more than once to date. I've added the Jerry can mount, license plate relocate and will be adding trail rack at some point. I've also got two LED cubes ready to mount up but I've got to get the angle grinder out and cut holes in the steel plates first once I get a warm weekend. I will say that the Jerry can LOD recommends (forget the brand) fits perfectly but two other 5 gallon cans that I have do not.

IMG_3233.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Here's my LOD Bumper/Tire Carrier w/ 37 x 13.5" Cooper STT Pro mounted up. Backup cam works perfectly, backup sensors work even though they say they don't on dash info screen. They beep if someone is behind me every time, although my info screen (dash) says parking sensors are disabled on startup. Super robust bumper that I've bounced off rock ledges more than once to date. I've added the Jerry can mount, license plate relocate and will be adding trail rack at some point. I've also got two LED cubes ready to mount up but I've got to get the angle grinder out and cut holes in the steel plates first once I get a warm weekend. I will say that the Jerry can LOD recommends (forget the brand) fits perfectly but two other 5 gallon cans that I have do not.

IMG_3233.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG
Interesting. My sensors don't work

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybilt HD Pivot Tire Carrier. Installed over the weekend. Rock solid addition to our rig. Specs for my wheel / tire combo in my sig block. More info and pics in this thread.

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Smittybilt HD Pivot Tire Carrier. Installed over the weekend. Rock solid addition to our rig. Specs for my wheel / tire combo in my sig block. More info and pics in this thread.

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg
you have any side pics, that show how far out the tire is from the tailgate?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Is anyone using the Deegan38 rear bumper and tire carrier? Anyone have any thoughts on it?

For the price, and design (I like that it has a latch), I have to at least consider it. It has some mixed reviews on Extreme Terrain but I think that could be attributed to user/installer error.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you have any side pics, that show how far out the tire is from the tailgate?
Not the greatest photos, but these were taken a few days ago.

5C6F6B72-0672-4D23-ABD4-450530EC4B4D.jpeg

432BA4E7-FC98-4D4E-AB4F-825BFBB8FBE4.jpeg

3376F262-B808-4A8A-81A2-632390865F3D.jpeg

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. Is this as far back as it will go? Anyway to get it closer to the tailgate.
how far back it goes will depend on each individuals set up. I’ve got a 4.5” BS on my Fuel wheels so this is as far back as it will go for me.

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
how far back it goes will depend on each individuals set up. I’ve got a 4.5” BS on my Fuel wheels so this is as far back as it will go for me.
Thank you for all the replies, and the thread. I have 3.5” backspacing and my concern is that the tire doesn’t hang out to far away from the tailgate.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for all the replies, and the thread. I have 3.5” backspacing and my concern is that the tire doesn’t hang out to far away from the tailgate.
One of the steps is actually measuring the total backspace (wheel and tire) and then applying that to your installation. My total backspace was 6" (4.5 from wheel and then another 1.5" from my tire).

3.5" should be easy to adjust for and will be closer to the tailgate. Those with more BS will appreciate the adjustability.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
JCR Offroad , SO far so good !

IMG_2709.JPG

n1BQCq6wSXKhse%CPJLV9g.jpg
Any direct side views with the JCR Shield carrier? I have their bumper and considering the carrier. Thanks!

lulzky

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Does this tilt, so that the tire can be slanted up against a fastback hardtop?
If not, is anyone aware of a slanted tire carrier that keeps the camera and doesn't require a bumper change?

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does this tilt, so that the tire can be slanted up against a fastback hardtop?
If not, is anyone aware of a slanted tire carrier that keeps the camera and doesn't require a bumper change?
The SB HD Pivot does allow for a tile, but you'll lose the use of the camera since it'll be pointed up.
Sponsored