1. Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero Well-Known Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Rubicon , Audi S5
    Liked:
    Hello Jeepers,
    I wanted to get a thread going with all the available or even soon to be available tire carriers for 37” and up, preferably without having to change out the stock rear steel bumpers.

I have been waiting for a manufacture to produce a good body mounted tire carrier or a tire carrier that can be mounted on the factory steel bumper.
    For myself, I would like to see a tire carrier that has a one handed operation to open the gate that can hold a 37” tire, rattle free and still has a functioning rear camera. I have been very patient as I know some carriers are in the works, but still under development, and I refuse to purchase the Mopar reinforcement bracket because I think it’s over priced for what it is. Although, I have been very tempted just so I can mount my spare.

If you know of any tire carriers that fits the above or you are an aftermarket manufacture with a tire carrier coming out please post up the info.

Chadwick and Namib like this.
  2. bentaxle

bentaxle Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Very surprised at all the companies slow to the market who have been currently manufacturing ones for JK's. Design of the tire carriers have to be very similar, bolt hole locations and sizes might of changed but the principle of the design hasn't. It's not like they have to start from ground zero and scratch their heads itch their nuts to figure out how the hell can we design something to hold a tire to the back of these Jeep JL's ?

Rubi-Zero likes this.
  3. fzdan4256

fzdan4256 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
    Liked:
    JCR Offroad , SO far so good !

IMG_2709.JPG

n1BQCq6wSXKhse%CPJLV9g.jpg

4. DocJLU

DocJLU Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Looks good. Mine just shipped today. Can’t wait to get it put on.

5. Jeepsk8

Jeepsk8 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR
    Liked:
    LoD has a massive carrier / bumper assembly, but of course it isn't available yet.

GRAK and MALL R8D like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Rubi-Zero

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Rubicon , Audi S5
    Liked:
    #6 Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    That JCR off-road carrier, is there a way for it to work with the stock steel bumper?

I actually like their body mounted carrier for the JK, but they haven’t released it to work with the JL. I thought about purchasing it anyway and modifying it where it needs for the JL, but before I do that, I’m going to try and be a little more patient and see what comes out.

I have been told that @ROAM has a carrier in the works along lines of what I am looking for, but it is still under development so not sure how long before it goes into production and I can purchase one.

7. Jeepsk8

Jeepsk8 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR
    Liked:
    Hauk has one as well, but it's for their bumper I believe.

8. OP
    OP
    Rubi-Zero

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Rubicon , Audi S5
    Liked:
    JeepJets likes this.
  9. TTEChris

TTEChris Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon & Sport(Wife)
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    @ROAM rear bumper/carrier
    Unfortunately not one handed operation yet, but I'm told that is in the works. It is rattle free, and has one of the best departure angles for a bolt on rear bumper that I've seen.
    DSC_0906.JPG DSC_0934.JPG

10. DickZip

DickZip Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
    Liked:
    Doesn't fit your requirements, but others may be interested. I'm very happy with the JCR crusader bumper and adventure tire carrier.
    CB mount rotopax mount jack holes backup lights sensors if you have them D ring holes and hi-lift mount which I don't have.image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Gaxmode, JeepJets and TTEChris like this.
  11. MALL R8D

MALL R8D Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michelle
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    That is the one I am waiting on.

GRAK likes this.
  12. KCwrangler

KCwrangler Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
    Liked:
    Too bad its been on backorder forever....trying to be patient and wait, but i broke down and bought the RC adapter today because it is too embarassing to continue to roll around on 35s with a factory spare.

Gaxmode likes this.
  13. TTEChris

TTEChris Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon & Sport(Wife)
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    The RC Adapter is inexpensive enough to use as a temporary solution.... I ended up using it on my wife's JL and it has held up great. I'm holding out for the version that swings with the tailgate for her, since using the extra lever is too complex (Her words, not mine :lipssealed:)
    To be completely fair, it can be a pain when I'm carrying something heavy in one hand and have to set it down to undo the latch. I do however feel comfortable knowing my heavy ass wheel/tire combo is safe on the back. The extra latch point makes it feel a little more secure than the Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II I had on my last JK.

14. OP
    OP
    Rubi-Zero

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Rubicon , Audi S5
    Liked:
    50D1EFDC-33E8-4D20-9047-01170C3A6B99.jpeg So an update on the Poison spyder carrier, I did get an email back and they said this carrier is for the JL. It is still in testing and should be available in 2-3 Wks, but can be purchased now. They did say they will have a solution for the back up camera as well.

So this is promising, although, I will wait and see the final product when it’s posted with full installed photos. Hopefully more carriers will be available in the near future.

JeepJets likes this.
  15. JeepJets

JeepJets Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon
    Liked:
    I couldn't tell if this works with the factory steel bumper. Does it? I see its frame mounted which is great to take the weight off the bumper.