First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know what happened to Alien Sunshade?
They went out of business. That being said amazon still has a good stock of their products. I got the orange one piece for $29 after taxes.
Sponsored

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
They went out of business. That being said amazon still has a good stock of their products. I got the orange one piece for $29 after taxes.
Wow! That is too bad, I still love mine and they have held up very well.
Thats a great price, thanks for sharing!

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
They're alive and kicking. They sell through a company called Accelerator Store; but the support is just as good as ever. I broke a bungee and clip with the sunshade I installed last week and I already have free replacements in hand.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
They're alive and kicking. They sell through a company called Accelerator Store; but the support is just as good as ever. I broke a bungee and clip with the sunshade I installed last week and I already have free replacements in hand.
Really was looking them up when I ordered mine but couldn’t find them anywhere. Got a link or anything?

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Website?

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what happened to Alien Sunshade?
They are either out of business or regrouping not sure. The website has been down a long time.

I went with the Spiderweb shade. $199 my Rubicon

Nice Break.jpg

Spiderwebshade.jpg

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
their facebook page still gets updated often, and their website link goes to the amazon sunshade page.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
Redline tuning Hood struts - $90
Not something you need or anything. But it’s super convenient when I was doing a lot of work under the hood. If you have the money to spend and have nothing else to upgrade, it’s super easy and cool.

Quadratec Paracord grab handles - $40
Super durable, great looking, extremely comfortable and useful. I originally got them for looks and for the occasional passenger to hold onto. But I find myself using them a bit to help get into the Jeep and to just casually hang my hand in

Quadratec 2” receive hitch -$70
Instead of paying $800 for a tow package I got a hitch rated for my max tow for $70. Simple install, haven’t needed it yet.

Flatlink E -$160
Makes your winch hook flush with your bumper to remove the rope hanging out the winch and protect it better. It makes everything look a lot cleaner.

Rock hard 4x4 winch plate - $190
Most expensive one. A winch plate to mount a winch on the factory plastic JL bumper. I didn’t want a steel bumper to weigh down my front end and look stupid, so I just threw a winch plate on the stock plastic one and now my winch sits nicely on top of it.

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I see they are on Amazon. $50 for a Full-size shade. That's a pretty low price. Are they made that well and will last?
I love mine. Got it last week.
I recommend watching the installation video first. I didn’t and I ended up having a harder time than I should have.

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Several mods actually but really love my VanTop Mirror Dashcam Front and Rear 4K and does away with blind spots.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend watching the installation video first. I didn’t and I ended up having a harder time than I should have.
I went with the Spiderwebshade. It was $199 but I know the quality is good from other Jeepers.

$50 for Full-Length Alienshade worries me some.

I also liked the mounting better than the Bungee with a round ball that looped on that I had seen around.

20210521_173817.jpg

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I went with the Spiderwebshade. It was $199 but I know the quality is good from other Jeepers.

$50 for Full-Length Alienshade worries me some.

I also liked the mounting better than the Bungee with a round ball that looped on that I had seen around.

Jeep Wrangler JL Your favorite mod under $200 20210521_173817
I like the spider mounts but I don’t think the will work with an installed soft top.
I got mine about a month ago and it seems very well made.

One thing I would do differently is lower the windshield slightly and use the windshield bolts instead of the plastic clips. I did this after reading all over about the clips failing. I also recommend anyone doing a full length put some clear vinyl protection film on the contact points between the sport bar and shade. Not sure it’s necessary but it is good assurance that you won’t run your paint.

A346BDBF-0A2A-454F-B83A-E12FCEA1B9AD.jpeg

104C5640-A34C-41E5-89C4-AFB3896E01D9.jpeg
Sponsored