Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ?

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
What assumptions? One of the responses to me was "When you fill my bank account....." meaning the vehicle that was purchased, the original JLUR XR comment responded to, was over purchased and cost more than the value gained form it. I did not call anyone wrong nor did I make any accusations. AGAIN, I stated that spending money on something you will not use to its potential is, in my opinion, illogical. I'm sure you would hate to hear my logical view on politics or life in general. It seems that logic offends you in the manor that you jump to conclusions without taking things as they are written. I digress, this is a Jeep forum and not a life lessons forum......

To the OP.

The XR package is worth it if you plan on doing the upgrades anyway and using them. The XR package is roughly $4000

To add these to your Rubi
315/70 R17 BFG AT K02 x 5 $2000
Beadlock wheels x 5 $2000
Re-gearing $1,200-$1,800
2.5" lift +/- $2000

You could subtract a bit for selling the original wheels and tires, but it is still a benefit to have get the XR package with the warranty.
Hey man, thx a lot for the helpful info. I decided to go with the XR package. Wheels & tires alone , would get me too the XR price, like u have listed above. So yeah, No brainer! Again , much appreciated.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I saw somewhere that the XR beadlock wheels are only 8 inches wide. Is this true?

I cannot find the link any more.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I saw somewhere that the XR beadlock wheels are only 8 inches wide. Is this true?

I cannot find the link any more.

They are 8" in the DOT configuration with the simulated ring. This is how they come from the factory because they will not put actual beadlocks on a factory vehicle. When you purchase the beadlock rings from parts, it makes the mounting of the tire at 8.5"

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
What is your reasoning for wanting to buy a 2022 when you already have a 2021?

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
After having XR packages here at the dealership the only thing that is a plus is the 4.56 gears. They actually have less flex than a stock Rubicon. I measured and the bump stops only have 2' of space on them. I'd save the money, and do a Metalcloak or Teraflex lift unless you don't plan on wheeling, then the XR is probably fine. I have seen some people on here buy the XR, and change all the suspension. Seems like a waste of $4,000 to me, but everyone has their own opinions.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
They are 8" in the DOT configuration with the simulated ring. This is how they come from the factory because they will not put actual beadlocks on a factory vehicle. When you purchase the beadlock rings from parts, it makes the mounting of the tire at 8.5"
Thank you for the explanation!

In so many words, it is actually an 8-inch wide wheel for 99% of uses.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
After having XR packages here at the dealership the only thing that is a plus is the 4.56 gears. They actually have less flex than a stock Rubicon. I measured and the bump stops only have 2' of space on them. I'd save the money, and do a Metalcloak or Teraflex lift unless you don't plan on wheeling, then the XR is probably fine. I have seen some people on here buy the XR, and change all the suspension. Seems like a waste of $4,000 to me, but everyone has their own opinions.
To be clear, you're referencing a Rubicon XR. The value may be more appreciated on a Willys XR.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
What is your reasoning for wanting to buy a 2022 when you already have a 2021?
While I luv my 2dr, I really do miss having more space. So I am going to take advantage of the used car prices that will allow me to walk away from my existing lease. So I figured, what the heck & ordered the XR below invoice. Which will also have a lower monthly payment then my existing. With that being said, why not! Lol

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
IMO the suspension is kinda junk and should be swapped out if you are planning to wheel it.

The deeper gearing is a big plus, but there are other huge advantages to it as well:
  • 30% thicker axle housing
  • Upgraded breaks
  • stronger knuckles
  • Mopar wheels valued over >$2k
  • GVWR is upgraded to 6100lbs (up from 5800)

Out of the box you will be able to run a larger tire and wheel it harder than a factory Rubicon axle.

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
What assumptions? One of the responses to me was "When you fill my bank account....." meaning the vehicle that was purchased, the original JLUR XR comment responded to, was over purchased and cost more than the value gained form it. I did not call anyone wrong nor did I make any accusations. AGAIN, I stated that spending money on something you will not use to its potential is, in my opinion, illogical. I'm sure you would hate to hear my logical view on politics or life in general. It seems that logic offends you in the manor that you jump to conclusions without taking things as they are written. I digress, this is a Jeep forum and not a life lessons forum......

To the OP.

The XR package is worth it if you plan on doing the upgrades anyway and using them. The XR package is roughly $4000

To add these to your Rubi
315/70 R17 BFG AT K02 x 5 $2000
Beadlock wheels x 5 $2000
Re-gearing $1,200-$1,800
2.5" lift +/- $2000

You could subtract a bit for selling the original wheels and tires, but it is still a benefit to have get the XR package with the warranty.
This was my thinking as well. So much cheaper than paying for all the included mods aftermarket, factory warranty to cover it all. It’s a no-brainer.

You also get the brake upgrade, and stronger axles.

You can’t go wrong, unless you know you’ll mod it far beyond what the XR package contains and end up taking all the XR parts off anyway. If I knew I was putting Dana60’s, going to 5.13 gears, putting an aftermarket 3.5” or higher lift, air-lockers etc, I’d probably just buy a sport and mod it all myself, doubt I could sell Rubi XR takeoffs at a price that would justify the package if I knew I would be pulling it all off or most of it off anyway.

I wanted the Rubicon with XR because I’m a busy guy who just wants to get out and get dirty straight away. I don’t have time to do all the mods before the weather gets good, much less the spare cash lying around right now to do it all. At least not cash I can justify dropping on Jeep parts this winter/spring. I can get on board with upgrading things here and there if I find myself bumping up against the limits of something’s performance, but for as ready as the XR is to get out there, it seemed like a perfect starting point for me. I may never feel a strong draw to upgrade, we’ll see.

I live 3hrs from both Moab and St. George Utah and want to get off road some down there immediately. The XR seemed like a perfect starting point, and I’ll make smaller mods as I see fit going forward, but it’s pretty well equipped to just go down and run some quality trails more or less right from the showroom.

HuskerJL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR - Black
I own a XR, coming from a 2.0T Rubicon. The XR is the best driving Wrangler I have owned, the brakes are better, the 3.6 eTorque is very smooth and quiet, the eTorque works better than VVT on the 2.0T, the flairs look nice and so far no rattles.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
  • 30% thicker axle housing
  • Upgraded breaks
  • stronger knuckles
  • Mopar wheels valued over >$2k
  • GVWR is upgraded to 6100lbs (up from 5800)
I'm hoping for no breaks. My local dealer's service department sucks, so hoping to keep this on the road.

:giggle:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
While I would never reccomend an 84 payment loan for a vehicle or to buy based on monthly payments one can afford, that's on you.

Just to put things into perspective though, whatever your payment schedule is, look at the price difference with and without the $6k.

Personally, I think the XR is amazing value for the money.
I always finance for the longest term possible, then make payments like it's a much shorter term... The difference between 2.79% & 3.49% is not enough to worry about. If I get in a financial pinch, then the lower payment will help relieve some of the strain. My pay fluctuates because I'm in sales, fortunately I've done very well and can afford to way overpay every month, but not everyone can.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the suspension has been a point of contention since XR was announced.

Considering the improvements Jeep made elsewhere, it looks like Jeep cheapened out on the suspension.

I’m sure FCA had is practical reasons for including those gigantic bump stops, but it smacks of rushed improvisation. Again, compared to the upgrades that went elsewhere.
Sponsored