Xtreme Recon Control Arms

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
The stock LCA on my Willys were clearly shorter than the stock LCA from the XR takeoffs I replaced them with. My Willys tracks perfectly.
Apparentently they all are all the same part number. The 2” lift CAs are 1/4” longer then the factory XR arms.
Sponsored

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
The stock LCA on my Willys were clearly shorter than the stock LCA from the XR takeoffs I replaced them with.
This surprises me because everything I’ve seen is that all stock LCAs are the same, only the Mopar lift arms are longer.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
And here’s the answer. ALL Wrangler JL and Gladiators have the same lower control arms. And for the record my XR also had the same ones.
https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-lower-control-arm-68250242ab
This is the XR LCA that I put on my Willys straight from a JLUR XR. So it appears for this Jeep JLUR build with XR package, a longer stock LCA is being used. Same number as the Mopar LCA. I neglected to take a picture, but after install, my stock LCA was clearly shorter than the XR LCA.

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Control Arms 7311C173-486D-49BD-AB03-313019AEB12B

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Control Arms AF0DE899-9FD9-4260-A409-68632948A536

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There ya go, exactly the same control arm PN as all the rest of the Wranglers and Gladiators no matter what model.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
When I purchased the Mopar LCAs for my XR they were obviously a different part and slightly longer.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I purchased the Mopar LCAs for my XR they were obviously a different part and slightly longer.
It’s likely the control arms you got are for the 2”
Mopar lift. PN 68322798AA

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
Yes, I did that’s what I added to my Jeep. It appears that Merc is saying he bought take off XR LCAs that were the same as the Mopar lift ones And are longer than what was on his Willys.

After looking up the part number, i agree that the one Merc posted is the regular LCA that is standard on all jeeps and should be the same part number as the one he removed from his Willys. Merc, can you show us the part number on the one you removed from your Willys?

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I did that’s what I added to my Jeep. It appears that Merc is saying he bought take off XR LCAs that were the same as the Mopar lift ones And are longer than what was on his Willys.

After looking up the part number, i agree that the one Merc posted is the regular LCA that is standard on all jeeps and should be the same part number as the one he removed from his Willys. Merc, can you show us the part number on the one you removed from your Willys?
Something not right though .. the part number he posted off the XR is the basic front control arm … That should be the same exact part as what was originally on his Willy’s. There are no other LCA part numbers listed.

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek

Sorry, I wish I had kept it or taken a picture but don’t have it. But I had them side by side, while the XR LCA were installed, and they were visually different in size, the light blue/grey dots didn’t line up, neither did the screw.

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I wish I had kept it or taken a picture but don’t have it. But I had them side by side, while the XR LCA were installed, and they were visually different in size, the light blue/grey dots didn’t line up, neither did the screw.
The dots are only paint marks or in some cases stickers. Mine didn’t even have stickers or paint so that could be something the person who took them off did to keep the set together. . There is NO correlation to sticker placement and length .. Without any part number to go by we can only go by what was suppose to be on your Willys and by the parts book that is the part number from the XR that you put on your Willys.
As far as I have found there are no shorter LCA then those and no indication that Mopar changed the factory length mid production.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Even the longer ones are only 1/4” longer. Side by side, the illusion of difference due to the bend will make it look much different. Lay them directly on top of each other and see how the bolt holes line up, it’s a perfect match.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also the bushings on the longer ones are much nicer and the whole arm is heavier duty, thicker and heavier.
Something wrong there. Are you sure it had factory arms on to start with. They all have the same weight arms. My Daughters 2018 Sahara are the same as my 22 XR

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I have an XR myself and had the same LCAs as everyone else til I swapped them.
Sponsored