HungryHound

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Update... so after we ran a few trails this morning, I spoke to one of the employees of the property owners who definitely wants to get this station "legal". I also spoke with the city's permitting department who wants to get this "legal". It appears that Jeep hired a contractor to put these stations in the locations. The permit office in Moab has been trying to get the paperwork completed, but this contractor is not responding. I gotta believe that there's one person at Jeep responsible for getting all these stations installed, but they're not aware what the hold-up is in Moab. It's too late tonight, but tomorrow, I'm reaching out to @JeepCares to see if they can tickle the right folks at Jeep to light a fire under this contractor's ass. Then I have a few more tricks if that doesn't work.
Sponsored

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Hi guys,

EV stations have been targets of vandals, thieves, and anti-EV protestors. Blocking, minced meat, stealing cables, etc. The out-of-order signs could have been made by anybody and were not accurate to the situation. Therefore one could safely assume that the charging station could be used if operational.

If a company or city did not want their charging station being used, they could shut off its capabilities or post an official notice, including contact information. Those concerned about violating the user agreement, I believe that would be true if the applicable app had notice not to use the station. Therefore its use would not seem to be of any wrongdoing.

I appreciate this thread being started as it gives me something to look out for as potentially bogus (and quite a few of the comments were gold!). However, for those who feel it is wrong, that appears to be a personal guideline unless you have any law that validates your assertion.

Thanks again for the heads up and the chuckles this evening!

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
Seriously, only three good things came out of all 7 pages of this nonsense:
  1. HungryHound is making a difference in the jeep community....very cool 👍.
  2. I inadvertently learned about our country's energy usage patterns and challenges.
  3. Back to The Future is one of the greatest film franchises in the history of cinema.
HungryHound, keep us updated on your mission to ensure free energy is availible to all EVers in the town of Moab.

Sponsored

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
LOL. what a dweeb. Were you a hall monitor in high school? Show me your permit! 🤓

That charging station was installed with a temporary special use permit, at the last minute, to allow Jeep to provide drive and ride experiences during the Easter Jeep Safari. That station is labeled, clearly, as out of order because the installation is not intended to be operational at this time.

https://www.moabtimes.com/articles/...-charging-stations-on-display-at-walker-drug/

It does not seem like a reasonable person would brag about theft on a public forum.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
This is an interesting viewpoint, because there is a simultaneous thread on this forum where posters are espousing booby traps and physical mutilation for someone who opened an unlocked door and stole nothing. But someone who breaks some-else’s zip tie and uses their property without consent is at the same time praised. Forget the accuracy of the sign’s message - if something is zip tied shut, do you feel entitled to it? I don’t, as I respect OPP.
There's a difference in public access space and private property. The EV charger, just like a gas pump is accessible to the public. You are free to open the unlocked door at any public use space, mini-mart, liquor store, hair salon etc. If you are opening the door at my house, I am within my rights to shoot you. On what planet is accessing a publicly available fueling station at all comparable to entering someone's private property?

OP
OP
HungryHound

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Seriously, only three good things came out of all 7 pages of this nonsense:
  1. HungryHound is making a difference in the jeep community....very cool 👍.
  2. I inadvertently learned about our country's energy usage patterns and challenges.
  3. Back to The Future is one of the greatest film franchises in the history of cinema.
HungryHound, keep us updated on your mission to ensure free energy is availible to all EVers in the town of Moab.
Things have escalated here. Word is, it is going to be removed this month so I have chained myself to the charging station. Please send beer...it's hot AF here!

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Things have escalated here. Word is, it is going to be removed this month so I have chained myself to the charging station. Please send beer...it's hot AF here!

Beer on its way - Irish stout?

I'm sure in 2021 plutonium beer is in every corner drug store, but in 1955, its a little hard to come by! I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're stuck here

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
The first 3 comments in this thread #priceless :LOL::CWL:

Sponsored

JLhope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I left the signs because it's become my personal charging station. I don't want to have to wait for someone else to finish charging.😁
Get off the jeep fantasy steroids. Just relax...you're sounding like you have something to compensate for.
Sponsored