Wow...JLU mpg!!!

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Wow is right...I get excited when I see 17 mpg average. Even before putting 35s on I still never broke 19 mpg. I have a MANual trans and live in the Seattle area so hills are kind of a thing.

Cheers.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Depends on how you drive it, I am running 37's w/ beadlocks on my JLUR w/ 4.10's and still get 19mpg around city (hand calculated, though dash shows the same and speedo recalibrated correctly, 87 octane), I am easy on the pedal but its still possible I am consistently between 17 and 19 even when I am more into the skinny pedal then normal . No clue what it will get on the highway as I havent had it on a long trip as of yet and I dont see 8th gear often but I am not complaining.

Sports and Saharas with the 3.45's might see a decrease, I put my Rubi take-off wheels and tires on my wifes JLU Sport and she also noticed about 2 MPG decrease but this might partly be due to not recalibrating the speedo on hers yet because she is jumping to 35's soon and it is only off by about 1 - 2 MPH currently but gearing does make a difference when you start increasing tire size.

Honestly if you bought the Jeep for good MPG I think you may want to rethink your purchase or keep it stock.. ;-)
Averaging 19mpg running 37s on beadlocks is hard to believe. I avg 16-18mpg running lightweight wheels and 315/70/17 ko2's.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
It's the manual. I don't care what the EPA or manufacturers tell us - a manual will get superior mileage in any car or light truck everytime -- of course the driver has to know how to drive.
I agree. The majority of commenters on here will disagree (but they don't know what they're talking about :punch::giggle: ).

brianP

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Averaging 19mpg running 37s on beadlocks is hard to believe. I avg 16-18mpg running lightweight wheels and 315/70/17 ko2's.
Honestly I thought the very same thing and figured the dash was off but when I started hand calculating it confirmed the dash numbers. Prior to upgrading, with the stock Rubicon stuff I was averaging about 22mpg so I did take hit as expected but it was nothing like I was anticipating

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
That’s exactly what I did went to 33 and saw 4mpg decline
You might be getting better gas mileage than you think. Have your speedometer recalibrated.

Sponsored

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
I have been sitting at 25mpg this week running 89 in a 2.0Turbo Automatic.

I let my wife drive it to get lunch yesterday and when I got back in it she had it down to 24.5...she wonder's why I am hesitant to let her drive it. I am coming from a car that got ~30mpg on 87. If gas goes like it did several years back she may make it back out the garage.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I have read that mount everest is about 5 miles high.

If I put a full tank of gas in my jeep and then had a helicopter drop it off at the top of Mount Everest, and then decided to drive down from the peak at 5mph, and if I had the wind at my back, my low fuel light would be on by the time I got at the bottom.

how anyone gets 25mpg I will never know.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I peaked at 27.5, but that was a 2 hour road trip down a gently sloping rural area with few stops and a consistent 55 to 65mph. In real world circumstances with 50/50 city/hwy I average about 26 running cheap gas.

Which is mind blowing. My prior car was a Kia Optima that supposedly got 24/35, yet somehow only ever balanced out to 26mpg. I was under the impression it took a professional driver in optimal conditions to get the official mpg. No one would ever accuse me of being a professional driver.

robplumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR in Dozer
I have read that mount everest is about 5 miles high.

If I put a full tank of gas in my jeep and then had a helicopter drop it off at the top of Mount Everest, and then decided to drive down from the peak at 5mph, and if I had the wind at my back, my low fuel light would be on by the time I got at the bottom.

how anyone gets 25mpg I will never know.
I once got that in my JKUR....but it was on real gas (no eth) and doing about 45 through windy mtn roads...

Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Most if these claims seem like 100% road miles? I haven't taken mine on a long trip yet where I haven't had 400-700 miles of dirt road travel and been loaded with 2 weeks worth of supplies which has included graded road, rock crawling, water, snow, sand from 40mph to 2mph.
That said, four trips now over 2000 miles that fit the above description. Lesser off road miles, 19.7 mpg. Moreoff road miles, 16 flat.
All in all, the best travel, camp, exploration, 4x4 /rock crawler mileage I've ever had. I'm used to 12mpg being good.
Lovin this baby

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
EVIC shows 18 MPG for my fully stock 2 Dr Rubicon 3.6 Auto, with 100% in town commute. Not a lot of traffic, but I do get a bunch of red lights and all way stops. I don't drive like a maniac but I don't baby it to get better fuel economy either.

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is it me in my JKUR stock I got like 14.6 and I’m at 160 mile mark and getting 16.1. Do just drive like a jerk.

This is all city

Kmutschler

First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Same here. 23 mpg, about 80% highway, roughly over the past 2000 miles. All stock 3.6 auto. Very pleased, BUT, gas prices are heading up again.

20190504_091441.jpg
I can’t figure out where to fin trip info on my JL. Seems it should be more obvious? How do I get to the screen that looks like this? Or something that shows miles until empty??

corrh

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport
I've been getting between 19-20 (lately 20-21) with 35s, 2 inch mopar lift, auto, stock gears sport - I drive slow (low 70s) and mostly highway
Sponsored